Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

i can't beleive ive seen big higgy scoring a overhead kick :notworthy:

the three goals we lost were fucking shocking defensively (we'll get pumped in champs league defending like that ;) ) and were lucky grithiths missed that sitter at 1-1 but the main thing is we won and have another 3 points on the table.

What a season so far :drinks:

Fantastic result tonight given that our first half performance was poor and our defence looked extremely dodgy throughout, to say the very least.

At half time it really looked like a carbon copy of the original 45 minutes in December as we'd gifted them a goal with some dreadful defending and didn't really carry much threat up the other end.

But what a difference, attacking wise anyway, after half time. Ojamaa just burst into life and Hibs couldn't handle him. He won both penalties(stonewallers aswell) and was a constant threat and as for hat trick hero Higdon...well never thought I'd ever hear those words a month or two ago. Converted both penalties with aplomb and his overhead kick was delightful.

Our defending throughout the game was very poor and that cannot be overlooked, especially as we gifted them three goals on a plate, but at the end of the day it didn't matter because we managed to do the business up front and cancel all of that out.

That was a game that could easily have went either way, especially when it went 2-2 but thankfully we had that bit of edge about us to get the result.

Well done Motherwell :cheers:

Incredible game! It had it all really...

Loving the adulation big Higgy is getting these days. The guy's been outstanding.

Thought we missed Lasley badly in the first half from a defensive point of view, but the team did superbly to turn it around in the second half.

Ojamaa is unbelievable at times! Superb!

For a team that was struggling to score at home we have now put 6 past Morton, 4 past Hibs and Queens Park, and 3 past Dunfermline, Hearts, and, St Johnstone this year alone. Some of the goals have been absolute belters.

Great result and great entertainment. Absolutely delighted.

• Like 2

that's hutchy and clancy missing the same match. i think it will be the aberdeen spl game.

if las or jenno get booked at parkhead they'll miss it as well.

That is not so good. Las and Jenno rested on Saturday then for me. Carswell and Forbes can slot in. Page and Craigan pairing for the Dons game?

steelboy, on 22 February 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

that's hutchy and clancy missing the same match. i think it will be the aberdeen spl game.

if las or jenno get booked at parkhead they'll miss it as well.

That is not so good. Las and Jenno rested on Saturday then for me. Carswell and Forbes can slot in. Page and Craigan pairing for the Dons game?

Aye. I think we'll have to do that as we literally don't have the bodies to cope otherwise.

Sporting life only shows Clancy and ojaama as yellow cards.

hutchy got booked after their third goal.

clancy kicked it all off and randolph was probably the most aggresive but the ref seemed to pick big shuan out for convenience, it was easier to book him than run back to randy or give clancy a red.

Some hilarious stuff over on the Hibs messageboard, including this gem.....

1. Sorry but couldn't stand listening to Rob Maclean tonight, twice when we scored it took him about 30 seconds to announce it, he certainly made us aware when Motherwell did though. I have no idea how we played because to be honest all we really heard about was how good Ojama is. How hard is it to find a commentator who doesn't favor one team over another and can actually do his job? He's Absolutely useless
    rolleyes2.gif

So as someone stated clancy and Hutch out the same game. V aberdeen in the league For reaching 6 yellows the suspension begins 14 days after the date of the incident, So that would be March 5th. and aberdeen game as called out by Milo.

V Celtic full squad to pick from

V Dunfermline Lasley out

V Aberdeen Hutchie and Clancy out

V Aberdeen ( CUP ) full squad to pick from

So who plays alongside Craigan V Aberdeen????