Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

So as someone stated clancy and Hutch out the same game. V aberdeen in the league For reaching 6 yellows the suspension begins 14 days after the date of the incident, So that would be March 5th. and aberdeen game as called out by Milo.

V Celtic full squad to pick from

V Dunfermline Lasley out

V Aberdeen Hutchie and Clancy out

V Aberdeen ( CUP ) full squad to pick from

So who plays alongside Craigan V Aberdeen????

Not sure its as simple as that. Pretty sure that Lasley may miss Saturday because it was a 2nd red and I'm pretty sure his yellow against Hearts doesn't count in the totting up because he then got a red. Suspension list will be out on SFA website tomorrow. I thouhght Clancy hit six at Paisley and was missing Saturday but don't see that on current suspension list. So aye Aberdeen at home could be interesting - Craigan and Page probably.

So who plays alongside Craigan V Aberdeen????

Page

Thank you thank you thank you!

great 2nd half performance, it was crucial we got that early goal and we just kicked on. we always struggle agaiinst Hibs' strikers, so its good thats out the way. Heid was defo booked, think he launched Sproule out the way.

Also think we saw the best and worst of Clancy tonight - still rate him and think he has been better than most folk would have expected.

We definitely missed Las in the middle of the park tonight - but Jenno stood up to the mark and was brilliant.

Undecided about Saturday now - the Dunfermline game is certainly more winnable, so not sure if we should "rest" the players nearing a suspension - but no doubt they will want to play.

Well Done Motherwell another fine 3 points

"oh i do like to be beside the seaside!"

steelboy, on 22 February 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

that's hutchy and clancy missing the same match. i think it will be the aberdeen spl game.

if las or jenno get booked at parkhead they'll miss it as well.

Aye. I think we'll have to do that as we literally don't have the bodies to cope otherwise.

NOOOOOOOOOO, i wanted to see hutch :cry:

• Like 1

this win could possibly be one of the biggest in the clubs history if we make the champions league

i think this because it is the game where we went 12 points over hearts in 4th place. we have now, i feel, mentally secured 3rd place as i doubt hearts will be able to catch up. the momentum is well and truly in our favour and i REALLY doubt we will do a rangers style fall and concede a huge point gap, like they did with the 15 points up at christmas.

that said its our place to lose now, but i belive that if we get the silly suspensions out the way and keep healthy we canstay in the position we are in, and possibly pass rangers.

from what i've been reading, this is a very entertaining and strong team (yet, small) we have and i cannot wait to see them in the flesh a week on saturday. fantastic win tonight

Come on ye well :cheers::yahoo:

Taken from the Hibs forum:

Just Back from Motherwell - My Thoughts

1. Thought Griffiths was our best player by a mile - I simply couldn't believe when Fenlon took him off

2. Overall I thought Motherwell looked physically stronger than us and slightly sharper/fitter

3. Noticed that we never had a man on the back post for corners against - that will come back to haunt us some time soon!

4. Sproule - very very poor

5. O'Connor - started off OK but fell away badly

6. The first goal we lost just after half time - absoloute joke from Doherty (I think) and did Stack need to come charging off his line (yes he DID come off his line!) and foul the guy ?

7. Higdon for them was really good- a handful both in the air and with his hold up play (not to mention his overhead kick) - reminded me a bit of of Mixu in his prime - we should try and sign him for next season (IF we stay up)

8. Their keeper (Randolph) made great save at 1-1 - we should try and sign him for next season (IF we stay up)

9. Fenlon - craz subs in my opinion - why did he take Griffiths off and not bring Doyle on ?!?!?

Im sure they would give up Europa/Champions League football to play for a pishy Hibs side. :laugh:

• Like 1

Taken from the Hibs forum:

Just Back from Motherwell - My Thoughts

1. Thought Griffiths was our best player by a mile - I simply couldn't believe when Fenlon took him off

2. Overall I thought Motherwell looked physically stronger than us and slightly sharper/fitter

3. Noticed that we never had a man on the back post for corners against - that will come back to haunt us some time soon!

4. Sproule - very very poor

5. O'Connor - started off OK but fell away badly

6. The first goal we lost just after half time - absoloute joke from Doherty (I think) and did Stack need to come charging off his line (yes he DID come off his line!) and foul the guy ?

7. Higdon for them was really good- a handful both in the air and with his hold up play (not to mention his overhead kick) - reminded me a bit of of Mixu in his prime - we should try and sign him for next season (IF we stay up)

8. Their keeper (Randolph) made great save at 1-1 - we should try and sign him for next season (IF we stay up)

9. Fenlon - craz subs in my opinion - why did he take Griffiths off and not bring Doyle on ?!?!?

Im sure they would give up Europa/Champions League football to play for a pishy Hibs side. :laugh:

Even if Randy went, he could walk into a team in the Championship possibly even Premiership when you see some of the shite in goals down there.

Even if Randy went, he could walk into a team in the Championship possibly even Premiership when you see some of the shite in goals down there.

Don't disagree with this im just stunned that Hibs fans still think their team is quality and people would jump at the chance to play for them if asked.

Funny old game right enough, and its all about opinions.

Personally, I thought we were dreadful in the 1st half, we obviously missed Lasley in the middle but I felt we also missed Law out wide, as Daley is a bit of bombscare for me, although he did do exceptionally well at Murphys goal. 2nd half was night and day, but the fact we got the penalty straight after half time definitely helped us on our way.

Its strange, but I thought that Higdon had one of his worst 45mins (1st half) since he signed for us, nothing seemed to stick and I felt that McPake dominated him, after his 1st penalty he seemed to up his game, or was it because Henrik had upped his??

As for Clancy, thought he had a decent game again (been a revelation since he signed in my eyes), and my mate who isnt a 'well fan picked him out as his motm!! Dont know what was up with Randy though, despite a few cracking saves he looked very nervy at times last night and wasnt anywhere near as commanding as he was againt Hertz. Hateleys distribution and dead-balls were terrible.

No idea why Fenlon took Griffiths off, he was far and away their most dangerous player.

All-in-all, I thought it was highly entertaining, great atmosphere (nobody is telling me that we could have squeezed another 5500 people in there last night!!) a few good goals and the bandwagon keeps on rolling.

Listened online down here. First half sounded quite uninspiring but I never doubted we'd come out much better in the 2nd and so it proved. Fantastice performance, Henrik and Higgy sounded on fire(the HHit Squad?) and allowing for a nervy period after Sproules goal 3 points were secured. No credit on national media however, all 5 live sport bulletins fail to mention the 3 points we are behind the h**s. More than a little vexed that the cup match is on a Sunday, had earmarked this as my next trip, should now be after the split.

'Mon The Dossers!!

• Like 2

I thought it was very sporting of us to replicate the first half of the abandoned match before allowing the players to show what they can really do in the second half.......well done lads, 3 points AND a fairplay award!

• Like 3

Absolutely delighted with the win, didn't really see it coming at half time to be honest. Defended at bit poorly at times, need to rectify that ahead of Saturday. Fantastic comeback though, full credit to the lads for some sparkling attacking play, and especially to big Higgy who MUST have won over even his most ardent doubter last night. Both his nalties were top class, and his overhead kick is goal of the season without doubt.

Disappointed to concede 3 times though, and bookings for Hutchy and Clancy rules them out the same week. This will test our full squad, the fringe players will have to step up and fill in as best they can.

Delighted with the atmos last night too, mostly positive even when things were against us. Here's hoping we can continue that for what remains of the season, make no mistake the lads NEED our backing. They deserve it too.