The Well Society

stuwell

You are all delusional - 1.5 million....., no vote on reconstruction.....

Best of luck, but anyone willing to put money in, already has. Without having shares handed to me, my money staying in the bank .

Entitltled to your opinion. your not the train.

It is a concern though that the Society has been up and running for nearly a year and has raised £380,000 plus change but another £1,120,000 is required. This is going to take large donations from nearby businesses. In this 'financial climate' I'll admit to being more than sceptical.

Major fundraising required that is for sure. Be interesting to see ideas, plans in action, etc.

It is a concern though that the Society has been up and running for nearly a year and has raised £380,000 plus change but another £1,120,000 is required. This is going to take large donations from nearby businesses. In this 'financial climate' I'll admit to being more than sceptical.

Major fundraising required that is for sure. Be interesting to see ideas, plans in action, etc.

Obviously there will be concerns, but there is no doubt the running of the club is within reach of the society. those who attended last night will have seen that we have a real say in the running of day to day decisions of the clubWe need to ensure that the reps are "in tune" with the majority of members

I've said it in quite a few posts now that there is tremendous scope to enlarge the membership by offering longer payment terms rather than the current 4 payments.

I've spoken to quite few people who aren't yet members and there is definite interest in being able to pay 12 instalments of £25 as that is affordable to many people in the current climate. I know some will say just pay the £25 into an account every month and transfer it every 3 months but I think the temptation for many would be to "dip in" to it for other things and it would go on the back burner so to speak. A monthly direct debit would concentrate the mind and wouldn't be missed as much.

Feel free to shoot me down

I've said it in quite a few posts now that there is tremendous scope to enlarge the membership by offering longer payment terms rather than the current 4 payments.

I've spoken to quite few people who aren't yet members and there is definite interest in being able to pay 12 instalments of £25 as that is affordable to many people in the current climate. I know some will say just pay the £25 into an account every month and transfer it every 3 months but I think the temptation for many would be to "dip in" to it for other things and it would go on the back burner so to speak. A monthly direct debit would concentrate the mind and wouldn't be missed as much.

You've not spoken to me, and I can agree wholeheartedly with what's been said here.

Apparently the problem with this is FSA regulations surrounding the society.

3,500 Motherwell fans at a Scottish Cuo replay with heavily discounted prices. Think back to the Tony Thomas era, 3rd round 3-1 win over Hearts, live on the telly. There was over 9000 at the game.

Anyone that thinks we can generate the necessary funds for the well society to succeed is in cloud cuckoo land.

Under the circumstances, a reasonable if not great crowd and pretty much what I expected.

How do we generate funds if not through the Well Society? Probably two options:

1 Wait for a sugar daddy to come along

2 Do nothing/cut back even further

Neither option particularly appeals to me and I would be disappointed if the club Board was to promote either one as being the way forward.

Anyone that thinks we can generate the necessary funds for the well society to succeed is in cloud cuckoo land.

the £1.5m is just a figure the club have plucked out the air, if the society isn't able to raise that much the directors will just have to lower the conditions.

there are no alternative ownership models.

the £1.5m is just a figure the club have plucked out the air, if the society isn't able to raise that much the directors will just have to lower the conditions.

there are no alternative ownership models.

This. So I think everyone who can should get involved rather than waiting to see what's going to happen. We have to make it happen cos there is no plan B.

• Like 1

3500 x £300 = £1,050,000

2500 x £300 = £750,000

1000 x £1,000 = £1,000,000

The target is achievable and quite modest for a club of our size, St.Mirren fans raised monies to purchase their club by pledging to monthly debits, so payment terms are a must sort, and the reality of the situation has to be made clear, it's this or ???

The facts are though 12 months in we have about, I think, 800 adult members. Much more required to meet the 'target' or three or four very generous companies need to step up. In this financial climate again a big ask.

The four monthly payments is the big stumbling block I think. If this could get paid up af £25 a month I think more would take it on? Enougj to meet the quoted £1.5m? If I'm honest I do have my doubt. Again, I hope those doubts are misplaced.

The facts are though 12 months in we have about, I think, 800 adult members. Much more required to meet the 'target' or three or four very generous companies need to step up. In this financial climate again a big ask.

The four monthly payments is the big stumbling block I think. If this could get paid up af £25 a month I think more would take it on? Enougj to meet the quoted £1.5m? If I'm honest I do have my doubt. Again, I hope those doubts are misplaced.

All of this was discussed last week and the Trust Board know full well the task that lies ahead of them. This is why they are devoting time and effort to fund raising and membership drives.

I think this sort of thing only works with corporate backing but they aren't going to back it unless they see the members are serious first. I'm not familiar with the St Mirren case but whilst I would love us to be a bit further forward at the present time I don't think we are in a disastorous place.

Where did the £300 adult membership number come from? I've got to believe a lot of supporters would like to invest, but are on the fence as this is a lot of money. Would it not make more sense to have a cheaper buy-in price, say £100 or £150, to attract more people? Sure would make it easier for me to contribute. Just curious as to the rationale here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

this new league system is the biggest change proposed in the history of scottish football. teams having their results from the first half of the season scrapped and going back to zero points is contrary to the principles of annual football seasons that we have had in this country for 120 years.

surely the trust has to at least consult the members on these proposals and open communication with the club?

• Like 3

from their own document

In order to allow fans to participate in the ownership of the club, to give voice to their aspirations and to encourage their participation in the society, a third aim is to:

· represent the views of the members and fans to the MFC Board

surely it's time to start?

Perhaps the answer lies here, so far all that has been agreed is

"SPL clubs will also have a formal vote, having unanimously agreed to explore the advantages of the 12-12-18 set-up."

I would expect some contact when there is an actual decision to be made.

Perhaps the answer lies here, so far all that has been agreed is

"SPL clubs will also have a formal vote, having unanimously agreed to explore the advantages of the 12-12-18 set-up."

I would expect some contact when there is an actual decision to be made.

the club can do what they want

the society should be contacting the members and communicating regardless of the club's position at the moment. as i said a while ago this is an ideal opportunity to demonstrate the society functioning.