2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I feel very sorry for Forbes, i actually think he's got a lot of ability and is a way better technically than the likes of Lasley and Jennings. I think he's just not had a manager who's believed in him since Gannon left, after he went his performances dipped....not because he was too cocky, i think he just lost confidence!!

McCall has never rated him so i think it was inevitable he was going to go but we have an ageing Midfielder in Lasley and Jennings will leave to go back south at some stage and Forbes could still do us a job, I like Carswell but he's not as good as Forbes imo.

Good Luck to him anyway, i have a feeling he'll be back to bite us in the arse at some stage!!

• Like 2

I wish him well but really he wasn't good or fit enough to play at SPL level. Unfortunately i feel the same about young Carswell. As for big Page the Jury has returned and he MUST STAY! He's a cracking young defender and should be offered a 2 year deal too. :thumbup:

Aye, never thought he was too cocky more lost confidence after a tremendous first few months. Didn't believe he was quick enough to feature week in week out in the SPL but I wish him the best of luck. Maybe a step down to the First Division would suit him better initially and you never know.

Ross's problem is lack of pace. After an impressive start other teams soon sussed him out and it was downhill after that. A pity though because he is talented. The jury is still out on Jon Page but he's probably done enough to earn another deal. I've been expecting some of the young lads like Pollock, Smith and Halsman to depart. I think that Lawless and MacKinnon may deserve some more time. Some of our younger fringe players should have been staking a claim for a shot at the first team but obviously haven't made that step up.

In the end Stuart McCall, Kenny Black and Gordon Young will know best as to who is likely to progress and who isn't. Football can be tough and many youngsters simply don't make the SPL grade. Whichever lads leave lets wish them all the best. Some may make it at a lower senior level and others may have to move down to the juniors.

Hopefully Forbes goes on to carve out a decent enough career. Would really love to see him prove a few folk wrong.

His natural ability with the ball and eye for a pass are unquestionable IMO. Whether he has sufficient fitness levels to cut it remains open to debate.

It would be nice to see him get a run-out on Sunday. Thanks for a few amazing memories Ross.

When I think of the Jim Gannon era at the club, I think of the 2-2 draw opening day of the season at McDiarmid when Forbes scored one of the best goals I've seen us score. For that (and the belter against Steaua), he goes with my best wishes.

Strange that Forbes and Craigan are both leaving at the same time. Both defined the Gannon era in a way...

I wish him well but really he wasn't good or fit enough to play at SPL level. Unfortunately i feel the same about young Carswell. As for big Page the Jury has returned and he MUST STAY! He's a cracking young defender and should be offered a 2 year deal too. :thumbup:

carswell is much more suited to the physical demands of the spl than forbes. he is still an u19 player at the moment and i think he has shown plenty to suggest he can contribute going forward.

mchugh has a year to go. i'm sure i saw an interview where page said he contracted for next season after the aberdeen game but i can't find it now.

He also scored a fine goals against Inverness in the League Cup and Hearts too.

Missing the penalty in the 2-2 draw at New Douglas Park seemed to knock the stuffing right out of him, but I think the major start in his decline was Craig Brown playing him as a left midfielder. After the lad had a great first half to his first season in the first team, he was stuck out on in a position not suited to his attributes.

He has never seemed to get over that rut, in fairness Lasley and Jennings have been superb since and you can't blame those in charge for him not being the first pick in central midfield, but I can't help but think we could have had a player on our hands had we utilised him correctly.

That said though, I do think now is the time for him to move on. His career has stagnated here.

Here is the goal.

Belter.

Forbes' was a screamer. But give Stancu his due, that was a fucking screamer. That's probably one of the best goals I've ever seen against us. The power and the dip was world class.

Also, Paul Slane. I wonder if he's enjoyed his move to Celtic. Completely stupid move on his part. Moved out of the starting XI of an SPL side to not even get near the bench at Celtic.

Forbes' was a screamer. But give Stancu his due, that was a fucking screamer. That's probably one of the best goals I've ever seen against us. The power and the dip was world class.

Also, Paul Slane. I wonder if he's enjoyed his move to Celtic. Completely stupid move on his part. Moved out of the starting XI of an SPL side to not even get near the bench at Celtic.

Is Plooky pus still on loan to MK Dons. The boy had the potential to be outstanding for us, financially great move to Celtic, career and progression wise a fucking howling decision.

Is Plooky pus still on loan to MK Dons. The boy had the potential to be outstanding for us, financially great move to Celtic, career and progression wise a fucking howling decision.

Is it just me that would rather play for less money, but play for a first team every week?

He looked like a great player in the making for us, but then patched all that and moved to a team where the chances of a starting place in the first XI are between slim and fuck all.

Is it just me that would rather play for less money, but play for a first team every week?

He looked like a great player in the making for us, but then patched all that and moved to a team where the chances of a starting place in the first XI are between slim and fuck all.

While he has to take some responsibility, when you are that age you depend on good advice from your agent and your family. I think it's fair to say he was badly advised in this case.

While he has to take some responsibility, when you are that age you depend on good advice from your agent and your family. I think it's fair to say he was badly advised in this case.

Indeed his Celtic minded dad and his agent done him no favours. I was angry with him when he left but I do hope he get's the opportunity to fulfil some of his potential at another club.