Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

I think we are really missing Jennings. Las can only do so much and players are being played out of their natural positions to try and compensate for it, it is also leaving us to be very easily bullied . We need an ugly type player in midfield badly, to slow opponents down break up thir play and give our midfield more time on the ball. Sadly I can't see it with the players we have we need someone in. Celtic will try to steamroller right through the middle of us and this must be the thing we try to stop most.

That 'dumpling' Kerr? Granted he didn't play particularly well against Dundee or Rangers but in the previous games he has been a better RB than Hateley

Naw. He was good in his first couple of games but to say he was better than Hateley, who has played pretty much at RB for 3 years, is simply not true.

Hateley is only playing in CM because we never replaced Jennings....and because he wrongly thinks he can play there.

Law into the middle and Murphy on the left. Ideally would drop Humphrey for this game as he always struggles when up against anything other than an awful full back but when you consider all we really have to bring in is Omar Daley I'd just leave him where he is.

That midfield, and SM may well select it, is very lightweight and would get bulldozed, Gav. We'd be playing much of the game in or around our penalty box.

As a couple of you have said, we're going to have to be in their faces from the off, as I see this as our only hope of getting something - kinda clinging on to the hope that my pessimism will come back and bite me on the arse, and nobody will be happier than me if that's the case.

Been away on a weeks holiday, so didn't make the Sheep, but I thought we were poor for a large part of the game at Dens, with Ojamaa giving us a bit of spark when we needed it, but bitterly disappointed watching the Buns game on TV - defensively, we seem to switch off at important times, and teams don't have to work too hard to score ala Dundee, Aberdeen, Buns

In addition, I used to give my Dad pelters as he gave Stevie Woods dogs abuse in just about every game, and as much as I want Chris Humphrey to prove me wrong by turning in a solid game, I find I'm increasingly on his back as I reckon he's a luxury we can't afford - the guy has pace to burn, but he just doesn't do anything like enough to warrant a start in most games - and how many goals do we lose as a result of him losing the ball - so far I'd agree that Daley hasn't put Humph under any great pressure for his place, but at least he was getting involved on Wednesday

Anyway rant over, c'mon the Humph and the Dossers, and lets at least play with a sense of pride for our club - if we get beaten, at least go down fighting

MON RA DOSSERS

Kerr had a poor game on Wednesday showng his deficiencies going forward - he won't be attacking much today.

Celtic will play Samaras wide left and pump high balls to him. Kerr is better equipped to deal with this than Hateley.

Cummins and Hutch are fine in the centre and both use the ball very well - I don't understand why he is being touted to be dropped.

Use Ramsden as a holding midfield player to add some bite in the tackle.

Also bring in McHugh to "rummle them up"

Team:-

Randolph

Kerr, Hutch, Cummins, Hammell

Ramsden

Law, Lasley

McHugh, Higdon, Ojamma

Getting ready to head to F/P , dont know what McCalls proposed changes are goin to be , but with a squad as small as ours , how radical could they be ?

What I do know is that after mid week , we are owed a big performance from whichever 11 step out onto the park .

Its always a big ask to take anything from these games , but taking back some pride , and the knowledge that every single one of them has given their all is the minimum thats expected .

Intae them !