2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Caught the end of a sports report snippet on MFR that ######### has signed for Motherwell. Could they have been talking about Lawson ------ or have they a scoop ?

I suspect it's Lawson they're talking about. Possibly in relation to Ross County. Kind of outlining who Adams needs to replace..

I suspect it's Lawson they're talking about. Possibly in relation to Ross County. Kind of outlining who Adams needs to replace..

One of the other Well websites, suggesting that Gary Harkins and Paddy McCourt have both signed for us.

Sure we'll see a few names being bandied about on here and on FPC, some exciting and some underwhelming. Just need to wait and see who actually arrives.

You try not to prejudge players but there are names that have been touted that I'm less keen on than others...

I'd take McCourt - if we kept McFadden that would cause SPL defences a lot of panic.

The one thing I will say is that when McCourt comes on a sub against us, I worry a bit - sometimes needlessly, but just one of those guys.

No time for Harkins though best avoided,

Also Tudor Jones I am pleased we missed as well.

I hope Harkins is true, could be a great player with us imo. Don't think there is much between Harkins and law if we can get the best from him. Talented and positionally flexible.

McCourt a big risk, could go either way. Doubt he is Mccall's type of player as couldn't press a chocolate button.

Harkins wouldn't surprise me after McCall's comments on sportscene a while back. St Mirren reportedly interested too.

Was it not suggested McCall wanted to bring him in at Christmas but Dundee nipped in?

Both Harkins and McCourt have got enough ability to be great players for us, the question marks over them are elsewhere. I'd still rather give these kinds of guys a chance that others who don't have that level of natural ability.

If they come in its down to the backroom staff to make sure they fulfill their potential.

Was it not suggested McCall wanted to bring him in at Christmas but Dundee nipped in?

Both Harkins and McCourt have got enough ability to be great players for us, the question marks over them are elsewhere. I'd still rather give these kinds of guys a chance that others who don't have that level of natural ability.

If they come in its down to the backroom staff to make sure they fulfill their potential.

McCall quickly replaced Murphy with Higginbotham. Harkins became available later in Jan and McCall was left kicking himself.

McCourt has all the talent in the world, but his fitness is rumoured to be shocking. Probably down to lifestyle choices.

agreed he definately has ability,i reckon you would get an hour at best out of him before he was fucked and needed subbed

McCall quickly replaced Murphy with Higginbotham. Harkins became available later in Jan and McCall was left kicking himself.

Really? Thank the lord 'oor James' arrived and saved the day then...

Feel it would be a poor addition, I've seen milk turn quicker than him.

• Like 1