2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I'd argue that centre forwards that are good in the air are more available than wingers with Humphrey's pace. Obviously these strikers may not have the finishing of Higdon but that can be improved by coaching. Can't really coach players to be that much faster...

It depends if you're looking for a 2013 Humphrey or a 2009 Humphrey - it might be possible to find good sprinters and then coach them to play better football.

Aberdeen can offer higher wages than us, however I think the chance to play regular European football and the fact that he could live t home again will be enough to bring him to Fir Park!

But, we will just have to wait and see!

Can they? Not across the board. Definitely not life changing sums and in some cases offering less... :whistling:

Can they? Not across the board. Definitely not life changing sums and in some cases offering less... :whistling:

Definitely. The chat was that Flood was on as much as £4k p/w at Tannadice, and he won't have taken that much of a cut if he's going to Aberdeen. Do we have anyone approaching that level?

They signed up Reynolds for four years, or something daft, McGinn, Robson, Hayes, Langfield and Anderson will be on pretty good wages as well.

Best of luck to Chris, he'll be sadly missed!

Don't think anybody has mentioned his defensive work, he tirelessly tracked back to mark opp fullbacks even when he was gettin pelters from some of the boo boys, and most full backs were so scared of his pace they didn't venture as far up the park as they normally would, think of the crosses Izaguire (sp?) zapped in against everybody else in the league!!

• Like 1

Definitely. The chat was that Flood was on as much as £4k p/w at Tannadice, and he won't have taken that much of a cut if he's going to Aberdeen. Do we have anyone approaching that level?

They signed up Reynolds for four years, or something daft, McGinn, Robson, Hayes, Langfield and Anderson will be on pretty good wages as well.

Cat out the bag, Higdon wasn't impressed and he's not isolated...

Cat out the bag, Higdon wasn't impressed and he's not isolated...

By Aberdeen? Interesting. Would that also suggest that they had a word with some of our other out of contract folk?

Even more interesting that McInnes was looking at Higdon, maybe he's finally figured out what a striker looks like.

Just passing on what I heard about Flood like, just surprised me how much he was on at United, and why they're fairly non-plussed about him leaving.

Good luck to Humph! 100% effort every time he played which as a fan is what you ask for. We'll be hard pushed to find a winger with his pace and work ethic, particularly when it comes to tracking back.

The amount of times he was our outball and completely changed the flow of our play from defence to attack in a matter of seconds will be a huge loss.

Good luck to Humph! 100% effort every time he played which as a fan is what you ask for. We'll be hard pushed to find a winger with his pace and work ethic, particularly when it comes to tracking back.

The amount of times he was our outball and completely changed the flow of our play from defence to attack in a matter of seconds will be a huge loss.

And a decent bloke, too, who would take time to chat with you if you met him. Good luck and thanks for providing ud with some good memories, Chris.

Just passing on what I heard about Flood like, just surprised me how much he was on at United, and why they're fairly non-plussed about him leaving.

My mates a big United fan and says he was on £3k p/w.

Still a huge wage, but somewhat short of what you have heard.

No idea which one is true however given Uniteds financial situation, I can't see them paying £4k per week.

No idea which one is true however given Uniteds financial situation, I can't see them paying £4k per week.

You could very well be right, but as well, £3k basic could be added to, like I said, just passing on what I heard. Certainly wouldn't surprise me, given that Flood was at Celtic and Boro previous to that, where they'll have been paying him pretty well. Either way, Aberdeen will be paying more than I'd want to for a guy that in reality, is not contributing any more than someone like Lasley (Which isn't a slight on Lasley, just that its daft money for Flood).

Presume they'll be delighted to have shifted on him and Daly, who will have been their biggest earners, especially if they shift on Russell for something approaching a million. Despite their debt, they seem to be doing well at getting it reduced and staying reasonably competitive. Chat is that the youth system that Levein and Cathro installed is beginning to bear fruit too.

You could very well be right, but as well, £3k basic could be added to, like I said, just passing on what I heard. Certainly wouldn't surprise me, given that Flood was at Celtic and Boro previous to that, where they'll have been paying him pretty well. Either way, Aberdeen will be paying more than I'd want to for a guy that in reality, is not contributing any more than someone like Lasley (Which isn't a slight on Lasley, just that its daft money for Flood).

Presume they'll be delighted to have shifted on him and Daly, who will have been their biggest earners, especially if they shift on Russell for something approaching a million. Despite their debt, they seem to be doing well at getting it reduced and staying reasonably competitive. Chat is that the youth system that Levein and Cathro installed is beginning to bear fruit too.

We knew this was going to happen. It was just a matter of time.

I find it quite exciting on the flip side as we now have the fund freed up to bring in some new faces and if guys like Wylde and Allan arrive at Fir Park then it could be an exciting season ahead.

We knew this was going to happen. It was just a matter of time.

I find it quite exciting on the flip side as we now have the fund freed up to bring in some new faces and if guys like Wylde and Allan arrive at Fir Park then it could be an exciting season ahead.

Absolutely, Allan in particular, would be terrific for us I think.