European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

They might not like it but they're representing the English league! If they weren't in it they wouldn't get silly money each year from tv.

I always wonder what fans of the other clubs are making of a potential trip to Motherwell!

I can just hear them growling at you, (in Welsh), as we speak :laugh:

HA! :laugh:

I hadn't even noticed that (copied and pasted)

but if they are going to take Englands coefficient of 16.5926 and not Wales's of 0.5166 then they can't complain about me calling them English (they are representing England in the competition!)

How easy is it to get into Israel?

From Wikitravel:

Many countries have a Visa Waiver program with Israel which allows their citizens to visit Israel without a visa arranged in advance. Before embarking on a trip, visitors desiring to stop in Israel on their way to other destinations must check if they need a prearranged tourist visa. The list of countries below specifies from which countries tourists are required to present a prearranged visa. All Visa Waiver Program travelers must present a machine-readable passport at the port of entry in order to enter Israel without a prearranged visa; otherwise a visa is required. This applies to tourists arriving with a passage card from countries with a Waiver Program.

1369762003[/url]' post='384553']

Easyjet do flights from London to Tel Aviv, so Israel isn't that hard to get to.

Too much like Giffnock or White Hart Lane at a push in the sun yes.gif Add me to the roll-call... decorator and yourself will be sat atop that just now!

I did notice that a former European foe - Nancy - finished 3rd bottom of French Ligue 1 this past season. Means they are relegated.

A vision of our future? Were they not stripped of all their better players by clubs with more money...?

Or maybe just shows how consistent we've been...

Chornomorets Odesa is 3 flights away, Glasgow/Amsterdam/Kiev/Odesa

Ended up in charge of this lot in Sensible soccer back in the day, always had a soft spot for them since.

When I was a student, the 60p vodka cokes in strathclyde union were Odesa vodka!

:lol:

I see levante can qualify if they win at home on Saturday and the 2 (eligible) teams above them, Sevilla and getafe lose. 9th place, due to Malaga and another team above them being banned and atletico winning the cup but qualifying for champions league.

The pot of teams we could get in terms of travelling looks a lot better to me than it has in previous years.

They kind of fall into 3 brackets:

1) Would likely be a bastard to get to:

• Rubin Kazan Rus
  • Hapoel Tel-Aviv Isr
  • Maccabi Haifa Isr
  • Metalurg Donetsk Ukr
  • Chernomorets Odesa Ukr
  • Trabzonspor Tur
  • Bursaspor Tur

2) Probably OK but might be some issues:

• Lech Poznan Pol
  • AaB Aalborg Den
  • Anorthosis Famagusta Cyp
  • Rosenborg BK Nor
  • MSK Zilina Svk
  • Levski Sofia Bul
  • Omonia Nicosia Cyp

3) Would be a skoosh:

• Standard Liège Bel
  • Udinese Ita
  • Club Brugge Bel
  • Viktoria Plzeň/Sparta Prague Cze
  • AS Saint-Étienne Fra
  • Sevilla/Getafe/Levante/Espanyol/Athletic Bilbao Esp
  • FC Zürich Sui
  • Swansea City Eng
  • Eintracht Frankfurt/VfB Stuttgart Ger
  • FC Utrecht Ned
  • Estoril Praia Por
  • Rapid Vienna/Sturm Graz Aut

scap famagusta

only locals aloud in :nod:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/worldfootball/europe/11233-cypriot-club-anorthosis-famagusta-thrown-out-of-europa-league-after-crowd-trouble

Is it just me or does it look like every one of those teams would give us a doing? :(

Depends who 'us' is. If its a team of Lasley, Hammil, Ramsden + reserves then yes of course.

If its last seasons team with a couple of replacements for Law and Randolph then maybe not. As someone said above, we gave Celtic two doo-ings in the last few months. We can certainly put up a fight against some of those teams.

Depends who 'us' is. If its a team of Lasley, Hammil, Ramsden + reserves then yes of course.

If its last seasons team with a couple of replacements for Law and Randolph then maybe not. As someone said above, we gave Celtic two doo-ings in the last few months. We can certainly put up a fight against some of those teams.

That's all I'm looking for, really. Although we were up against good teams last year, and the fifteen minutes after half time against Pana was some of the best football I've ever seen us play, we just never looked like scoring in any of the four ties.

Under Gannon and Brown (and McGhee in Nancy, at least) we put up far more of a fight, albeit against weaker teams. It'd be nice to come away from the games with no regrets this time. Collapsing against Nancy at home, being unable to stick the ball in the pokey against Steaua, Odense and Panathanaikos left all three as hanging 'what ifs', which still bother me in varying degrees.

If we'd got a second against Steaua, would they have come back, or would we have pushed on?

If we'd tucked away any of the chances against Pana, could we have gone to Athens and nicked something, rather than the game being over on arrival?

Worst of all, and still rankling with me, if we'd tucked away that penalty, and if Blackman had bundled that chance over the line, could we have taken a 9 man Odense in extra time?

The Odense and Steaua games had top moments in the away games, with Hateley's goal and Ruddy's save. Even Nancy saw us keep it tight away and Graeme Smith's penalty save was mental. Gies another one of them, last year didn't have them

The only one where I felt we had a real good chance was Odense. We should have hammered them at the end as the imploded. Other than that we were royally pumped by all the other teams.

True enough, but the rest were still in there as 'chances', for me, was it Reynolds that had 2/3 chances against Steaua? Good ones as well.

Pana, I've no idea, and that's what bothers me. They didn't seem anything special at Fir Park, we lost a terrible goal, chased it and lost another, we should've had way more from the home leg.

If the team that finished the season played against Pana or Levante we would have had a far better chance, but no point talking about what could have been!

Hope McCall can convince most of the guys to stay who are still undecided and then add a few more and have a real good go of it no matter who we get.