Hibernian V Motherwell 08/03/14

Yabba's Turd

It's a strange 1, not heard he's injured. Maybe in the huff after being dropped last week.

Nielsen looked distinctly dis-interested during warm up against Hearts , generally just lulling about instead of putting any effort into going through his paces with young Stewart .

Maybe bombed for petted lip as theres been no word of any injury .

Motherwell:

Hollis, 27/03/86, 27

Reid, 26/02/86 , 28

Hutchinson Nov90, 23

McManus, 10/9/82, 31

McFadden 14/4/83, 30

Sutton, 26/12/83, 30

Vigurs, 07/05/88, 25

Lasley, 21/09/79, 34

Murray, 20/01/94, 20

Ainsworth, Oct87, 26

Leitch 17/07/95, 18

Motherwell subs: Average age 19yrs 10months, without Hammy 17yrs 10months

Stewart, 16/04/95, 18

Hammell, 18/02/82, 32

Moore, 16/08/94, 19

Shirkie,02/05/95, 18

Thomas,14/02/96, 18

Neill,10/03/96 , 17

Cadden,19/09/96, 17

Very young bench, good to see Moore's back fit again.

just checked an added the DOBs , young yes, but they're old enough to be making the breakthrough, shame they've not got more game time, we're gonna need a lot of them pretty soon

Hibs have conceded at least 1 goal in their last 8 matches.

At the very least we should score but Hibs have also scored a few goals since Butcher took over so I don't think we can say it's going to be a push over based on form.

Might be one of those ones where you stick it down as a 3 goals or more at the bookies.

Should have put money on it.

A point away from home with the injuries we have is better than a boot in the baws.

Would've committed the cardinal sin (IMO) of losing a game we had a 2-0 lead in save for the handsome big bastards late equaliser.

Need to see Hibs second goal before I comment but when you think of the "over the line" decisions we haven't got in recent times it would be particularly galling if another one has went against us.

Disappointed to not take 3 pts but scoring in injury time to get the draw shows they've got the resilience to fight until the end so can't really complain.

If we had gone in at half time 2-0 I think we would've gone on to win it.

As has already been said, will be hard to take if their 2nd is shown to have not crossed the line.

True dat but the ball was over the line before the corner, but lines man fucked up. I knew at that point that a goal would come of it.

Not sure how I feel after that. Hibs started the brighter but from our goal to their goal we were comfortable and only looked one winner. As soon as they got the goal back I knew they would come out second half with a spring in their step. We seemed to weather the early pressure and could have scored again. Faddy had a couple of chances. Then - how many goals do we concede from corners or crosses. A lot would be my guess.

Another game and another 3 goals shipped. Baffled by the subs. Can only assume that both Faddy or Ainsworth injured or tired. Sent the message we were going to protect a 2-1 lead. Both those players are luxury players but they hold on to the ball and take the pressure off the defence. When they went off it was backs to the wall.

It says a lot I am disappointed with a draw at Easter Road, but let's face it they have been guff recently, do a chance missed for sure..

even though it was a draw i'd take that game over the two we have won against hibs this season. Ainsworth got subbed because he downed tools exactly as he did at tynecastle. Mcfadden was playing his best football this season, taking him off was strange.

Hollis standing on his goal line at every set piece puts us at a massive disadvantage when the ball comes in. I couldn't believe hibs didn't swing their last corner in because we're a shambles at defending them.

Great spirit to come back and get the equaliser with the 11 we had on the park and credit to vigurs for setting it up.

• Like 1

cadden was a bit more composed than last week. it looked he came on to play against harris and help reid out.

having thomas on the bench every week when it's obvious we won't put him due to the compensation seems daft. lawell was talking about how financially strong celtic are and the need for more competition in scottish football, we should ask him to put his money where his mouth is and let a young player develop.

Another 3 goals conceded!! Inability to keep a clean sheet. If you look at our goals against column it is that of a team from the bottom 4 and not 3rd in the league. In our last 5 games we have now conceded 13 goals. This just puts undue pressure on our forwards as it looks as though they need to be scoring 3 or 4 goals to win a game.

There was no excuse for going from 2-0 to 2-3 today. And okay we managed to get a draw in the end but hardly reasons for celebration. dry.gif

Frustrating to only come away with a point after being 2 up but at least we came back to get one and great play from vigurs to set it up.

The decision to take faddy off was bizarre and I think may have cost us. Lasley was clearly struggling with an injury, could see it in the first half and IMO should have been replaced ahead of both ainsworth and McFadden.

Thought Murray put in another decent performance at LB, perhaps a long term replacement for hutchy in his natural position. Stanton looked good for them.

Disappointed to draw having looked so comfortable at 2-0 up, and through most of the second half. Hibs were terrified of Ainsworth and McFadden, and stood off until they were subbed. Despite Hibs' possession, we bossed that game until the change, and IMO nearly lost it due to the subs. Keeping one of the two on the pitch would have been enough to see it through I think.

Still, great effort to come back and equalise, and massive credit to our fans, who were noisy throughout.

Their second went out for a throw-in at least twice though...

Following go the game on line, it did seem strange to substitute McFadden AND Ainsworth (especially if neither was injured) for 2 young guys who have barely double figures combined of game time for the first team. Fair enough if it was for Anier and Kerr, Lawson etc.

Those at the game seem to be suggesting this cost us the win?

our inability to defend set pieces cost us the win.

ainsworth's effort had dropped and moore did well as his replacement through the middle. taking off mcfadden didn't make much sense as he was having a great second half and looked hungry.

it will be interesting to hear what mccall has to say about that change.

Was at the game and I thought McFadden took a wee knock in the first half and was not getting back to position very convincingly in the second think he was knackered that's why he went off and as time went on Ainsworth was a bit of a luxuary He needs to get stuck in a bit more for the team . Disappointed with a point after being 2- 0 up but we pissed about too much in the second half when we should have been pushing for the third .Hibs kept pressing but were pretty poor Loosing two goals to headers was really poor from our defence

our inability to defend set pieces cost us the win.

ainsworth's effort had dropped and moore did well as his replacement through the middle. taking off mcfadden didn't make much sense as he was having a great second half and looked hungry.

it will be interesting to hear what mccall has to say about that change.

I think the defending set pieces thing could very easily be the difference between 3rd and 4th or 2nd and 3rd. Another two today though I think we were a bit unlucky today as there seemed to be a hand in the build up to the first before Forster's header took a deflection and the second one, the corner should never have been given as we should have had a shy and there is a debate about the ball crossing the line.

Thought Hibs had more of the game today from start to finish but in the first half we did seem to have a bit more oomph when we had the ball and got our two goal lead.

The subs did change the game. Ours made us more defensive and they brought Heffernan on and he scored twice in five minutes. We were lucky that Hibs look like a team who are shit scared of winning and as soon as they were got deeper and deeper and we managed to get our goal, not that it will win any beauty contests.

The real positives today were Murray, I thought looked better and sharper than last week and Cadden looked a lot more confident on the ball and his running back to get us a goal kick was outstanding.

Leitch a bit quieter than last week but did OK. Thought Vigurs had one of those days where nothing went for him but still found himself in good positions and never gave up.

And to the bloke who moaned about Sutton for the whole second half behind me saying he was lazy, never scored and should have been subbed, if I ever see you near me again - I'm moving. But thanks for making me laugh with the wonderful line of 'he takes Ainsworth off who has scored and leaves that useless cunt, Sutton on' Errm, first goalscorer?

Wasn't there but clearly conceding a goal in the 43rd minute at 2-0 up changes the match completely.

I think we need to look on the positives for this one.

We've played Hibs and Hearts in successive weeks, taken 4 points, scored 7 goals and all the while with a lot of players injured and a few inexperienced boys in the team.

Rather than anything else these two last results say to me that we can still pick up points playing youngsters and that's a big positive.

Conceding 3 goals in five of our last seven matches needs to be looked at but I can't comment on the goals we lost today since I wasn't there.

Three home matches coming up and those 9 points will be very important come the end of the season. Given that Inverness have a couple of games in hand a win would be a big result in that one.

• Like 1