Hibernian V Motherwell 08/03/14

Yabba's Turd

Why was Hollis standing BEHIND THE LINE trying to save a header. Honestly there was a Hibs player standing beside him at the corner and to get away he stood in the goals and then tried to save the header. Both our keepers are shite. We gonna lose goals galore from here on. McManus and Hutchie crap also but hey makes for exciting games with Faddy and Ainsworth supplying Sutton. Jekyll and Hyde season right enough. :mellow:

Why was Hollis standing BEHIND THE LINE trying to save a header. Honestly there was a Hibs player standing beside him at the corner and to get away he stood in the goals and then tried to save the header. Both our keepers are shite. We gonna lose goals galore from here on. McManus and Hutchie crap also but hey makes for exciting games with Faddy and Ainsworth supplying Sutton. Jekyll and Hyde season right enough. :mellow:

See when you're a complete wank, are you actually aware of it, or do you think you're making complete sense and it's everyone else that's weird?

• Like 2

Why was Hollis standing BEHIND THE LINE trying to save a header.

Didn't notice this before but you're right - he was well behind the line. Maybe being very unassertive/lack of confidence/lack of physical presence. Certainly not what you expect from an Premiership goalie. A good goalie should assert himself more and be proactive rather than trying to react.

Not to blame for the other two goals though.

1394390347[/url]' post='407379']

just watched the highlights there. Was there a handball right in front of the ref for there first?

yes.gif

Highlights don't highlight the lead up to Hibs corner kick award for their equaliser either. So far out the ball boy nearly took a touch! Game changing decisions...

yes.gif

Highlights don't highlight the lead up to Hibs corner kick award for their equaliser either. So far out the ball boy nearly took a touch! Game changing decisions...

It was only a game changing decision because giving our opponents a corner is about the same as giving them a penalty!

Hollis is fucking pish, should have claimed the initial cross at the first goal and why he was actually standing in the net for the second is anyones guess.

Unfortuntely were stuck with the 2 worst keepers in the league, with that we need our defence to stand up and they are just not at the races far too often this season.

• Like 1

It was only a game changing decision because giving our opponents a corner is about the same as giving them a penalty!

Hollis is fucking pish, should have claimed the initial cross at the first goal and why he was actually standing in the net for the second is anyones guess.

Unfortuntely were stuck with the 2 worst keepers in the league, with that we need our defence to stand up and they are just not at the races far too often this season.

Agree with Tweed. dry.gif . A corner kick is like a penalty to the opposition with our keepers.

Some guys glasses are half full ,others are half empty .What a goal the 2nd was , great play from Vigurs for the 3rd.

Agree with Tweed. dry.gif . A corner kick is like a penalty to the opposition with our keepers.

Hold on a minute, I think I said earlier on my gripe was with our marking, not the keeper. I haven't seen it again yet so my view may change but the number of goals we have lost to corners has been disgraceful. When you can watch Albion Rovers win header after header at corners today, you have to wonder why we can't.

I was not at the game but just watched highlights and in all honesty i cant see why people are blaming Hollis for any of the goals.

Hibs 1st central defence not clearing the ball and not stopping the header, the 2nd goal again Hibs player gets a free header, as for the 3rd Heffernan runs wide and nobody goes with him Murray i think is ball watching and lets him go.

But i have to agree we are feckin shit at defending set pieces

We need two new goalies. Gunnar is absolutely murder and, while Hollis appears to be less murder, he should not be getting another contract. I know that football is all about opinions, but I couldn't possibly fathom the point of view of anyone who doesn't agree with this.

Fuck off frazz,you werent at the game...so cant possibly have a view on anything keeper wise....just sayin

• Like 1

Fuck off frazz,you werent at the game...so cant possibly have a view on anything keeper wise....just sayin

Haha- very good. I don't miss many games and I'm yet to see either of our "goalies" convince me they can keep hens oot a close. If the contract situation was reversed, I could just about live with Hollis being number 2 to a new signing next season but he shouldn't be handed a new deal.

• Like 1

The first two goals were class, superb finishes for both of them and Vigurs at the third was different class.........

Have to agree with earlier posts Hollis should be going out to get the cross before the first...

How the ref does not see the arm used to control the ball for the cross is beyond me he was two yards away :doh:......

Yet he can see through a ruck of players the ball crosses the line for their second.....maybe Hollis having a pie in Bovril in the stand behind the goals, influenced his decision :laugh:

he is behind the line though.

we are in a strange situation with hollis, relying on a goalkeeper who we are surely going to ditch at the end of the season.

Right, because that hasn't happened since.... hmmmm.... let me think.... Randolph last season.

Not to mention every other player whose contract has run down to the end of the season, but we have continued to play given that we are paying their wages and expect a return.

Right, because that hasn't happened since.... hmmmm.... let me think.... Randolph last season.

Not to mention every other player whose contract has run down to the end of the season, but we have continued to play given that we are paying their wages and expect a return.

Yeah, we ditched Randolph. That's what happened. Lucky he had the fall-back option of quadrupling his wages to play first-team football in the English Championship after his life-long dream of playing for Motherwell was snatched away from him.

Yeah, we ditched Randolph. That's what happened. Lucky he had the fall-back option of quadrupling his wages to play first-team football in the English Championship after his life-long dream of playing for Motherwell was snatched away from him.

I haven't heard anyone from the club saying we are ditching Hollis at the end of the season, have you?

Oh, and I like I said in the piece you quoted, we have fielded plenty of players over the years we knew were being ditched at the end (or even mid) season. Guys like Page even played in Europe when it was obvious McCall didn't rate him.

I haven't heard anyone from the club saying we are ditching Hollis at the end of the season, have you?

Oh, and I like I said in the piece you quoted, we have fielded plenty of players over the years we knew were being ditched at the end (or even mid) season. Guys like Page even played in Europe when it was obvious McCall didn't rate him and wanted to move him on.