2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I dont understand why people on here are thinking it's an insult to think that we should be aiming for 10th?????? There's NO WAY!! We can possibly finish any higher. <_>

I tend to agree with that, this season is a right off so I would be happy finishing 10th, but there are still enough points on offer for us to aim for as high as we can. Maybe not top six but top of the bottom six.

I dont understand why people on here are thinking it's an insult to think that we should be aiming for 10th?????? There's NO WAY!! We can possibly finish any higher. <_>

It's not an insult, it's just poor management.

If you aim for 10th and miss out by a point (or goal difference), then you are in the play-offs. If you aim for say, 7th, and you miss out by a point then it's not as serious,

You might be OK with ultimately finishing 10th this season, but that is a different argument.

I've got no opinion on the guy either way.

Why do you rate him?

Just an unqualified opinion I've got from doing some reading on him and listening to him. I like his ideas, the way he wants to go about things.

He seems like a good fit for the route we'll have to go down if we're to sort out the club and start moving in the right direction. I could be wrong, of course.

Here we go again... My post was a reply to the question being asked 'which game?'. Without the need to be superior - quip made referring to the conjecture referred to the previous day's match.

No claims from me that anything untoward has gone on you'll see, but, batter in if it suits your obvious seethe at not being in the loop.

Apologies then Onthefringes, I misread your post as furthering and agreeing with the point of the original poster which seemed to be stating things as fact...glad you were not.

E.g.

"consider partying until the early hours the night before a game, to be acceptable"

I'm couldn't care less if I am in the know or not but keen to know if claims like players out partying til the early hours have any basis or not.

I don't think I have had a seethe since 1997

Do you seriously think any motherwell player would be out "partying" the night before a game???.....seriously???

christ on a bike....get a grip.

I don't but someone further back in the thread said as much...hence my original reply quoting back to Onthefringes, who I thought was backing that original claim up but turns out wasn't.

Do you seriously think any motherwell player would be out "partying" the night before a game???.....seriously???

christ on a bike....get a grip.

I have no idea whatsoever about the current squad but it has happened on at least one occasion in the past decade we'll say (the player and his manager are no longer at the club). Officially the player in question picked up a "late injury". The term "Injury" can euphemistically cover a whole host of situations.

Spill the beans!

I'll respect confidences. I simply posted that to completely refute the comment that "Do you seriously think any motherwell player would be out "partying" the night before a game???.....seriously??? Christ on a bike....get a grip."

1420380007[/url]' post='428175']

The young players at clubs go out on Friday nights fairly regularly ours included. As long as it doesn't affect their performance on the pitch then I'm not worried what they get up too.

Well a certain young player that managed a move to a London club, abstained from clubbing/drinking and watched his dietary intake on the night before matches. I guess that's the difference being professional and trying to better yourself and being a typical Scottish footballer. Shaun Hutchinson plays now at Fulham and is doing well. Mean while back at FirPark!!

• Like 2

Well a certain young player that managed a move to a London club, abstained from clubbing/drinking and watched his dietary intake on the night before matches. I guess that's the difference being professional and trying to better yourself and being a typical Scottish footballer. Shaun Hutchinson plays now at Fulham and is doing well. Mean while back at FirPark!!

Aye and when he was getting kept out the team by Craigan and Reynolds he was in the War Office getting MWI.

The young players at clubs go out on Friday nights fairly regularly ours included. As long as it doesn't affect their performance on the pitch then I'm not worried what they get up too.

Which is why Scottish football continues to exist in the apathetic doldrums. When players don't even train hard enough to develop basic skills using both feet, the least they could do is ensure they are fit enough to display even a hint of athleticism and stamina.

Scottish football needs a culture change. Literally, a culture change.

• Like 2

1420389938[/url]' post='428219']

Which is why Scottish football continues to exist in the apathetic doldrums. When players don't even train hard enough to develop basic skills using both feet, the least they could do is ensure they are fit enough to display even a hint of athleticism and stamina.

Scottish football needs a culture change. Literally, a culture change.

I'll drink to that!

• Like 3

Can't see Baraclough bringing many in to be honest - possibly a loan or two to cover injuries.

Firstly I'd be amazed if we have money to cove new wages, particularly given our cup exits and predicted low league finish, and secondly I think he'll be quite happy with the quality of individuals available to him - he said as much after his first week of training and as I've said before this is more or less the same group that pulled in 70 points last season.

What he'll be focussing on is getting that spark that gets the most out of the players. Tough with such a small squad and limited competition for places but hopefully his faith in younger players pays off.