2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Aye and when he was getting kept out the team by Craigan and Reynolds he was in the War Office getting MWI.

Maybe if he'd abstained from clubbing/drinking and watched his dietary intake on the night before matches back then he'd have been in the team ;)

I'm fairly sure there will be some movement before the end of January, if not indeed when January has come and gone. The GM said the manager had some irons in the fire and whilst Baraclough acknowledged we might need to be creative the suggestion of freshening up the squad wasn't dismissed.

Where we might have some difficulty is those who you might have expected to be makeweights in providing the finance to do anything are currently injured - like McHugh or perhaps Moore, or have already been out on loan like Cummins. That seemed to be the part of the process that enabled us to get Anier permanently this time last year.

I'm fairly sure there will be some movement before the end of January, if not indeed when January has come and gone. The GM said the manager had some irons in the fire and whilst Baraclough acknowledged we might need to be creative the suggestion of freshening up the squad wasn't dismissed.

Where we might have some difficulty is those who you might have expected to be makeweights in providing the finance to do anything are currently injured - like McHugh or perhaps Moore, or have already been out on loan like Cummins. That seemed to be the part of the process that enabled us to get Anier permanently this time last year.

Good post Andy and I think that sums things up well. We do know that the club is trying to extend the deals for Ojamaa and O'Brien. Apart from that Ian Baraclough did suggest in a recent interview that there was some scope to make one or two personnel changes albeit through wheeling and dealing. One or two fringe players going out on loan or a loan player or two coming in.

One way he could free up salary would be to let Ojamma and O'Brien return to their clubs and use those savings to pay the salaries of new recruits for the positions he sees as needing immediate upgrade.

Don't know, but would think we must be paying a fair bit for their loan deals.....The loss of Ojamma might be seen as a disaster by many on here. But if it means we can get some decent full backs and some midfield protection for the defence then I reckon I could live with that.

IB has inherited a crock of shite and, coupled with the injury list, his hands are tied to a great extent. He will need to be creative...and lucky...to get us out of the mess the players, McCall and Black have got us into. It will take time.

Really even if his wages would cover a striker that actually scores goals regularly and a midfielder...?

I'm skeptical about our chances of finding a goal scoring free agent in January who is willing to come for half a first team player's wages.

I'm skeptical about our chances of finding a goal scoring free agent in January who is willing to come for half a first team player's wages.

Thinking more of a loan signing whose wages we don't need to contribute as much as to as Ojaama's. Young championship reserve player perhaps...