2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Given that he had 277 senior appearances to his name before he joined us, he must have some basic skills. Not to say that he will perform for us, of course.

If even 4 of the new signings hit any level of performance this season that will be a pretty high % success rate for any team's transfers (epsecially January signings when the market is a lot thinner).

Somebody could have 500 apps at the lower end of the English leagues, doesn't mean they're any good.I can see why the York fan who was on here said he's the worst player he's ever seen.He's Conference level at best in England which is about league 1 here.

I've seen him three times now and he does look completely out of his depth however the strange thing is that in the 2nd half against St Jonhnstone he actually looked like a pretty decent player - incredibly calm and composed on the ball in some tight situations, occasional bits of skill, sharp passing. Can't say I've seen signs of pace and strength though.

Got a feeling Barraclough rates him so despite a shakey start I've no doubt we'll see him again.

Straker reminds me of Holm Kraska. Pretty sure we signed him on the basis of someone having watched a video. I can only think Straker's video was edited somewhat extensively. I'm sure he's a really nice person but just not good enough at this level, nowhere near it.

Regards the new signings, I think Straker looks out of his depth. I think it was Frazzle at the game on Saturday that said he looked like he'd been bundled into the back of a van, driven 100 miles and then just been chucked out onto the park. Looked lost and confused.

Laing looks rash and no better than what we had. On several occasions on Saturday, got himself dragged totally out of position leaving a massive gap in behind him.

Grant, you can see has good technique but our midfield was getting totally overrun on Saturday so he didn't have time or space to use it.

Johnson and Nathan Thomas. Johnson, I'd prefer to see on the right wing. He was picking up the ball and trying to make things happen but kept cutting inside on to his right foot, into a crowded area of the park. Like to see him use his pace to get to the byeline and get crosses in. Also fair to mention that he didn't track his man at the goal but not the first winger you can point the finger at for that. Nathan Thomas, with the exception of the horrendous occasion when he trod on the ball, actually looked not bad on the ball and again was at least trying to be positive.

Long, there's not much to say about. Didn't do much wrong but wasn't required to do anything that Twardzik wouldn't have coped with.

For me, two defenders don't look good enough. Jury's still out on the others...

Regards the new signings, I think Straker......... Looked lost and confused.

That could also apply to quite a few others on Saturday......Ramsden, Erwin, Moore, Lasley...need I go on. Straker didn't play well granted, but he was trying to do the work of 2 men. The problem was he couldn't decide which one he should be concentrating on, and I can't blame him for that.

Straker is a complete joke, and the face that Barraclough rates him is the most worrying thing of all.

Grant looks very good on the ball, but doesn't win the ball back and drifts out of the game too easily. But with him, there is some hope.

Nobody else is trying to win the ball except Lasley, and his legs have gone, so he just gets stick for struggling and failing.

Don't understand why we signed Long, he doesn't add anything we didn't have already except an extra wage to pay.

That could also apply to quite a few others on Saturday......Ramsden, Erwin, Moore, Lasley...need I go on. Straker didn't play well granted, but he was trying to do the work of 2 men. The problem was he couldn't decide which one he should be concentrating on, and I can't blame him for that.

You can't possibly try and compare Straker to anyone else on the park. Utterly out his depth and barely resembled a professional footballer.

Jury out on the rest but they come with a decent write-up and deserve a wee bit of time to settle, preferably in a conventional formation and playing style.

Told by a coach from another club,Kerr was told he can leave if he finds himself another team.Guy knew a lot of our players seemed genuine enough

Doesn't surprise me. Disappointing as he's looked as competent as anyone else at centre back this season, and unlike Ramsden and McManus he has potential to get better...

i was at tannadice and kerr played pretty well that day an by all accounts he wasn't too bad at ross county either,he hasn't deserved to be dropped after those games to bring laing into the team who has looked pretty ropey so far.

Same guy said he knew Robinson and he had a good reputation didn't know much bout Mr baraclough

Robinson may have a good reputation but prior to joining Motherwell, he had only really worked with Northern Ireland U16s and U17s. Coaching kids is a different kettle of fish to coaching adults. Kids are probably more receptive to new ideas...