2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

He's also more a full back than a midfielder.

You might be right, time will tell. I'm simply basing my view on Stuart McCall's description of him as "a similar type of player to his brother in that he’s a midfielder who likes to get on the ball and create".

From McCall's post match Fulham interview its clear he does not see him that way. but does see him as one to play behind the striker

In my opinion, that's where we should be playing Vigurs. No real pace required, just an ability to pick a pass. I'd like to see us play a 4231

Nielsen/Twarzik

Reid

Ramsden

McManus

Hammell

Lasley

Carswell/Leitch

Ainsworth

Vigurs

Thomas/unnamed left winger

Sutton

For those saying Sutton can't play up front himself, I'd be hoping that it would turn into almost a 433 with wingers pushed forward when attacking...

he might have changed his mind after saturday.

Doubt it as he said it after the game...

I thought law was promising. He clearly needs match practice and to get up to speed but thought he showed good movement, willingness to get on the ball and decent control. He chose the wrong option a few times and his one shot was way off but I do think he will come good and be a good team addition.

In my opinion, that's where we should be playing Vigurs. No real pace required, just an ability to pick a pass. I'd like to see us play a 4231

Nielsen/Twarzik

Reid

Ramsden

McManus

Hammell

Lasley

Carswell/Leitch

Ainsworth

Vigurs

Sutton

For those saying Sutton can't play up front himself, I'd be hoping that it would turn into almost a 433 with wingers pushed forward when attacking...

Wouldn't change much with that.

I would definately go with Twardzik as mistake aside he looked solid on Saturday. Carswell over Leitch for me. For me, either Thomas on left, if not, then Vigurs out left and Erwin or Law behind Sutton.

Doubt it as he said it after the game...

I thought law was promising. He clearly needs match practice and to get up to speed but thought he showed good movement, willingness to get on the ball and decent control. He chose the wrong option a few times and his one shot was way off but I do think he will come good and be a good team addition.

i thought he eventually showed a few good touches when he started going to look for the ball but he didn't have much of a clue about what he was supposed to be doing playing behind sutton and looked utterly lost for the first 15-20 mins.

Nielsen/Twarzik

Reid

Ramsden

McManus

Hammell

Lasley

Carswell/Leitch

Ainsworth

Vigurs

Sutton

100% with this.

Postiejim still no told us who? The board deserves to be told!

Yeah this, as it about the only interesting thing on this thread and also fuck me who really gives a toss about John Porteous going to Hibs. Everyone moves on eventually, sure it's sad to see long serving staff go but if as suggested it's a move cloer to home for probably more money fair play to him.

As for Leanne Dempster well who really cares, her job is with Hibs now and it really makes no difference if people leave to go to Hibs or go anywhere else. Porteous will be replaced and life will go on. Same as if she pinches the groundsman or anyone else, I suspect we won't have a mass exodus to Easter Road however so really it's trivial.

Like to see this thread reinvigorated by an actual signing or two as that is an area we definitely do need to see some movement on.

Pearo is in training. Personally I would take him on as he could do well and we need some pace and direct play on the left. He didnt leave in the best way...but he was young, we make mistakes....let the crazy comments commence!

Interesting - that said we are well served fro midfielders...so a strange one from that point of view..

Maybe we could deploy Thomas as a striker

Pearo is a bit of a dick,

Based on something he did ten years ago.

also I can't be the only one to think he's past it.

Based on absolutely nothing.

Lets see if we can find a generous Director and bring back Pearson,Clarkson,McFadden + Quinn seeing as all 4 are available, Higdon too! Then we can wait till January and sign up Ojamaa,Hateley,Randolph,Humphrey + Law on pre-contracts, maybe get big Hutch in on loan.

• Like 2

Lets see if we can find a generous Director and bring back Pearson,Clarkson,McFadden + Quinn seeing as all 4 are available, Higdon too! Then we can wait till January and sign up Ojamaa,Hateley,Randolph,Humphrey + Law on pre-contracts, maybe get big Hutch in on loan.

Paul Slane is available on a free too, don't forget him...