Motherwell V Ict 07/05/14

Brazilian

Its all down to one thing ..money ...and we have none ...budgets will be cut again and there will be no money to offer these guys contracts if what Im being told is right , plus if any decent offer comes in for Sutton it will be accepted .

Not what McCall has been saying. We will offer contracts to all these players. Likely to be on less than before, so it is their decision whether they choose to accept or not. We cannot keep racking up several £100,000's worth of losses each year. It is still worrying when we are about to finish 3rd or 2nd and yet again get somewhere in the region of £500k+ more than all the bottom 6 sides..

I expect Hutch will go and unless Aberdeen or Hibs (if they are even in this league) offer more to any of our players then they will stay. What are their options exactly? Faddy & McManus will not want to move back down south for example.

Tbh it was really tame looking so if I was reffing it I wouldn't have stopped it either.

Such a terrible injury for a youngster to get from something so tame. Gutting.

I agree it look innocuous at first but you can always tell when a player isn't faking when they lie still. And he was lying still for a long time. Referee should have stopped the match long before he did.

This is second hand, but I was told that at the Well Society AGM Derek Weir said they were hopeful they could keep the same budget for next season.

yes, hopeful , that this seasons, budget could be retained with third place, more so with second.

but the reality is this seasons is the lowest budget for some years, and even with this seasons cuts , upwards of £400k needed to be borrowed, to trade through the lean months.

Derek Weir was quite clear, that no one on board wants to cut anything,the horrendous state of the Scottish football economy has stifled what has been a successful period for the club, he also stated the club isn't run to take any money back out, everything that can be generated , will go into the pot and they all want to get the best squad possible, but without the security of a larger Society fund, its not possible to maintain the 'risk' that trading like that brings with it

on players some of them are coming out of deals, that were supplemented previously with external incomes ( Las n Ham) so perhaps they are the guys referenced as facing potential cuts?

Sutton is guaranteed his difference in earnings for the balance of his contract, when Hearts administration gets resolved, so he is another one, that in real terms will not earn as much this coming season, unless we win big!

I'm still raging at the lack of support given to Craig Moore last night

totally ruined the end of the game for me, watching him writhe in agony only metres away whilst everyone, bar some fans ignored him.

and not stretching him, or even having stretchers stand ready next to him was nothing short of a disgrace.

the SFA really need to look at the guidelines, JP was aware of the situation but was unable to go on pitch, even when play was at the opposite corner of pitch, any other industry that left an employee writhing in agony, would get destroyed by lawyers.

and as for making him walk around half the pitch, I've never been so angry at any Motherwell employee, it was horrible to watch, shameful.

I really hope the lad , can recovery fully, ironically , he's probably go one of the best in the business to help him.

• Like 3

1399578166[/url]' post='411254']

totally ruined the end of the game for me, watching him writhe in agony only metres away whilst everyone, bar some fans ignored him.

and not stretching him, or even having stretchers stand ready next to him was nothing short of a disgrace.

the SFA really need to look at the guidelines, JP was aware of the situation but was unable to go on pitch, even when play was at the opposite corner of pitch, any other industry that left an employee writhing in agony, would get destroyed by lawyers.

and as for making him walk around half the pitch, I've never been so angry at any Motherwell employee, it was horrible to watch, shameful.

I really hope the lad , can recovery fully, ironically , he's probably go one of the best in the business to help him.

Yep agree with all that. Could not understand with the obvious nature of his injury that a stretcher wasn't summoned straight away regardless of how much time would be added on to us hanging on. Really felt for the lad. Just hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Certainly took the edge of the occasion at the end for me too.

• Like 1

Surely if JP is concerned that any weight on the injury may aggravate it, he can indicate to the first aiders that a stretcher is needed ?? In fact, I'm sure there are plenty of injuries in football, where in any other place, a stretcher would be used rather than risking more serious injury by hobbling off

I know. Just how lucky are we? Average, lazy players, poor manager decisions. How on earth can we compete with a team containing Scotland's future or Celtics next challengers I'll never know.

Check out the league table ya twangers.

EXACTLY! :thumbup:

I agree it look innocuous at first but you can always tell when a player isn't faking when they lie still. And he was lying still for a long time. Referee should have stopped the match long before he did.

Why? Rules are he only has to stop it if it is a head knock which it clearly wasn't and Moore was in no danger lying where he was so there was no reason to stop the game until it naturally went out of play.

What I thought was a bit off was how reticent he was to allow Porteous on. I can even understand he thought he was at it to begin with because we had been timewasting a fair bit for the previous few minutes but when he was still down he must have realised he was actually hurt. Even if he was suspicious he just adds the time on.

Anyway, Friday morning and I have just stopped shaking my head at that bit at the end where they hit the post. People wonder why I have hypertension and why I drink.

Is it just me or is John Sutton looking a hell of a lot more mobile these days. Its as if hes lost some of his upper body muscle and turned it into more dynamic power