Motherwell V Ict 07/05/14

Brazilian

2 games left,

#1 versus a John Yogi Hughes side, who seemed to have been packing up for the summer break until todays point from Dundee united.

played them twice fairly recently and coped well enough, once with width then away with tighter midfield

last home game took us a bit to get going, and big Gunnar had one of his better games, working hard to keep us a clean sheet.

with Carswell still out and Gunnars unexplained absence, I'd be tempted to stick with todays starting 11

this thread will likely take a change in direction with, Dundee United facing Aberdeen 24hours before our game, Wednesday night we could go into the game already in Europe , or be in the same position of needing 1 point for Europe or anything up to 3 to stay in a shout for 2nd...

Think we'll need to change the midfield a wee bit as Tansey and Draper threatened to give us a bit of a going over on there last trip to Fir Park.

I'd bring in Leitch and push Vigurs out to the left. Also tempted to start Anier and Faddy upfront as Sutton has looked slightly out of sorts in the last 2 matches.

Hopefully we get a decent turnout to see us clinch a European place.

Think we'll need to change the midfield a wee bit as Tansey and Draper threatened to give us a bit of a going over on there last trip to Fir Park.

I'd bring in Leitch and push Vigurs out to the left. Also tempted to start Anier and Faddy upfront as Sutton has looked slightly out of sorts in the last 2 matches.

Hopefully we get a decent turnout to see us clinch a European place.

Exactly this for me. Said that more or less word for word yesterday.

Got to agree with Onthefringes on this one.

Make it a Freebee for kids and a fiver for adults and fill the South Stand to create a Euro party atmosphere.

get the BOIS to bring the drum and the Easter Road whistles. Lets make some noise !!!!

Mon the Euro Dossers

Got to agree with Onthefringes on this one.

Make it a Freebee for kids and a fiver for adults and fill the South Stand to create a Euro party atmosphere.

get the BOIS to bring the drum and the Easter Road whistles. Lets make some noise !!!!

Mon the Euro Dossers

Bring the drum - leave the f.....g whistles.

• Like 1

Requires to be hastily arranged, but, I'd open the gates up again and have the team roared over the line.

An end of season party similar to last season from the Bois faithful and the players joining in? Fire it up!

Agreed.

On the personnel front we should move Craig Reid into the middle to shore up a vulnerable central midfield. We badly need a bit of pace and defensive cover in there.

Might be difficult to get families out for a midweek match so I doubt if we'd get anything like the crowd we got on Saturday.

Looking forward to this match. Don't think I will make it to Aberdeen so this will probably be my last view of Motherwell 2013/14 and hopefully we can pick up the 3 points and take it to the final game.

Inverness aren't in the best form (2 wins from 11) but they draw a lot of games so I don't think they will be push overs.

Ryan Christie has recently pushed himself into the first team and he's looked a decent player for me. Might need to keep an eye on him.

Hope this is right!

Motherwell WIN Aberdeen WIN

Aberdeen 68, Motherwell 67, Dundee Utd 58 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell WIN Aberdeen DRAW

Motherwell 67, Aberdeen 66, Dundee Utd 59 - Motherwell secure Europe, must draw at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell WIN Aberdeen LOSE

Motherwell 67, Aberdeen 65, Dundee Utd 61 - Motherwell secure Europe, must draw at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell DRAW Aberdeen WIN

Aberdeen 68, Motherwell 65, Dundee Utd 58 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell DRAW Aberdeen DRAW

Aberdeen 66, Motherwell 65, Dundee Utd 59 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell DRAW Aberdeen LOSE

Aberdeen 65, Motherwell 65, Dundee Utd 59 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell LOSE Aberdeen WIN

Aberdeen 68, Motherwell 64, Dundee Utd 58 - Motherwell secure Europe, cannot finish 2nd

Motherwell LOSE Aberdeen DRAW

Aberdeen 66, Motherwell 64, Dundee Utd 59 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Motherwell LOSE Aberdeen LOSE

Aberdeen 65, Motherwell 64, Dundee Utd 61 - Must draw at Pittodrie to secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

I know this is a drum I've banged a few times this season but the last post throws this into sharp focus. We lost our goalkeeper, right back, most creative midfielder, our right winger and both strikers last summer. Our "star" player was injured or out of form for the first half of the season. And we need one point from our last two games to secure third place.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I might not agree with everything he does but Stuart McCall does not get the credit he deserves as a manager...

• Like 4

I like the idea of Superward's team and formation. Even though we beat them 2-0 at Fir Park they had long spells of possession that night and used their extra man in midfield well, albeit without reward. We need to match up but still retain enough attacking verve.

1399304312[/url]' post='410759']

Hope this is right!

Motherwell DRAW Aberdeen WIN

Aberdeen 68, Motherwell 65, Dundee Utd 58 - Motherwell secure Europe, must win at Pittodrie to secure 2nd

Must win by at least 7, but it is the Lanarkshire way.

I know this is a drum I've banged a few times this season but the last post throws this into sharp focus. We lost our goalkeeper, right back, most creative midfielder, our right winger and both strikers last summer. Our "star" player was injured or out of form for the first half of the season. And we need one point from our last two games to secure third place.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I might not agree with everything he does but Stuart McCall does not get the credit he deserves as a manager...

Amen.

I almost want us to beat Aberdeen and finish 3rd. I would love to get a couple of European trips by finishing 3rd but would be well satisfied with putting Aberdeen in their place and claiming the prize money for 2nd.

Confused!