The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Did Killie not have calderwood for a few months in order to keep them up a few years ago?

Aye, think you're right, I think he turned down the chance to take the job full time as he couldn't work with the budget? IIRC.

I should say, I'm not pushing Calderwood for the job, just using him as an example to a more general point.

That being, we need to give whoever gets the job a chance, and hope they're a good fit for us.

Aye, think you're right, I think he turned down the chance to take the job full time as he couldn't work with the budget? IIRC.

I should say, I'm not pushing Calderwood for the job, just using him as an example to a more general point.

That being, we need to give whoever gets the job a chance, and hope they're a good fit for us.

Correct

Kilmarnock[edit]

Calderwood was appointed manager of Kilmarnock on 14 January 2010, succeeding Jim Jefferies.[1] He agreed a contract with the club until the end of the 2009–10 season.[1] Calderwood managed to secure Kilmarnock's SPL status for another season, but left the club in the summer after disagreeing with chairman Michael Johnston about the player and coaching budgets.[6]

Who would want the job right now with talk of takeovers? Job security in football management is poor at the best of times but with talk of the Society not making its target and foreign owners, you'd need to be a lunatic to take the Motherwell job right now...

Football management is frighteningly competitive, illustrated by the number of application we have received. There may be a handful who have been put off by the recent news of takeovers etc, but I can guarantee many would simply be happy to be back in the game. Also, I'm sure there's plenty of self belief (or egos, whichever you prefer) to believe that they'll be kept on by the new owners.

Just curious, would your opinion change if he delivered a top six finish and silverware in his first season? Or would he still be a c*nt?

He'd still be a cunt,though I obviously wouldn't be calling for his head.

Have you ever considered a career writing messages for the inside of Valentines/Christmas Cards?

Hallmarks have been in touch.

Malky MacKay in at 10/1 On Paddy Power today. New to market I think? 3rd favourite behind Solano and Adams. Both of them have came in today.

I said when McCall resigned that Malky would be an outstanding appointment if we could get him. Not convinced we could but if he was at all interested, the board should at least sound him out.

Would expect he would be able to get some good loan deals in. Plenty managers thought he got a tough deal under Tan.