The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Must confess that none of the names mentioned either by the media or the bookies fill me with confidence.

Can't think of anyone who would get me excited and interested again. So in the position of hoping that it's not any of the uninspiring names that I've read without having the first clue who I'd actually be happy with...

The names the media has quoted during our last few appointments have been well wide of the mark. I have no reason to think they will be any more accurate this time. It seems they get most of their info from speculation on here.

The potential candidates should be asked to provide a statement of their abilities and their plans for the club on this forum, then the fans could decide and have a vote to recommend a name to the board. A good democracy excersise in case the WS get control of the club. :nod:

Hopefully the board will show a bit more nous when appointing the next guy as opposed to McCall. We need a guy that will introduce and develop youth with the intent of selling on at a healthy profit if at all possible. So, the diametric opposite of McCall. McCall came from the Walter Smith school of management where you have teams filled with experience. That can be OK but I don't think it is the way forward for us. I'd also like to see us do away with loan deals. They can be good, yes, and we have benefitted, yes, but they snuff out development and send the wrong message to youth and fringe players.

• Like 1

Club has to be clever on this, didn't one of two at the time McCall was appointed take the hump they weren't the first choice (Sbragia?)

With respect to Black, I would imagine the board know as soon as McCall gets a new gig he will follow quickly afterwards.

Would he be though? Was Black not already in place for McCall arriving or put in place by the club rather than by the manager?

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong. Black came in after wee Stu.

If Butcher is indeed set to return - though there are other candidates - I, like many others I'm sure, would doubt if I would be. He came, did us a turn, we finished bottom and then consistently in the lower half with some of the most laboured football I've ever seen at fir park (second to his certain assistant malpish). His biggest achievement was the cup final where we absolutely shat it against rangers (which lets be honest, from the way he used to conduct his press conferences before these games was no wonder with his doom laden chat).He is not what we need! We need someone with vision, new ideas, a restructuring approach and fresh take on shaping a scottish club, not one from the manager carousel.An awful appointment imo, showing once again a lack of long term vision and desire from the club, it would truly cement a new era of rut surrounding Motherwell

If Butcher is indeed set to return - though there are other candidates - I, like many others I'm sure, would doubt if I would be. He came, did us a turn, we finished bottom and then consistently in the lower half with some of the most laboured football I've ever seen at fir park (second to his certain assistant malpish). His biggest achievement was the cup final where we absolutely shat it against rangers (which lets be honest, from the way he used to conduct his press conferences before these games was no wonder with his doom laden chat).He is not what we need! We need someone with vision, new ideas, a restructuring approach and fresh take on shaping a scottish club, not one from the manager carousel.An awful appointment imo, showing once again a lack of long term vision and desire from the club, it would truly cement a new era of rut surrounding Motherwell

I am pretty confident we will not go with Terry Butcher and its purely a story based on the moving of odds. However, I could see us going with Kenny Shiels. I am not a fan but, when he is not riled up in a press conference or interview, he does talk a good game and a good philosophy. I could imagine him interviewing well and ticking a few boxes. Not for me though.

I am pretty confident we will not go with Terry Butcher and its purely a story based on the moving of odds. However, I could see us going with Kenny Shiels. I am not a fan but, when he is not riled up in a press conference or interview, he does talk a good game and a good philosophy. I could imagine him interviewing well and ticking a few boxes. Not for me though.

Fairly confident neither are on the shortlist... Oops, cat out the bag!

• Like 1

To be honest i don't care who we get as the next manager, i will judge them on their results and how they ensure we finish at least 10th and no lower this season. Given the financial constraints he or she will be working under, i.e. no money to bring anybody in, then they need to be a good coach and man manager to get the best from what we have and develop our younger players and make sure they get their chance.