Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Motherwell V Cove Rangers Sat 9 Jan 15:00

gdalli10

I seem to remember being annoyed that we only had 5 substitutes against Albion Rovers while the rest of the nation, Rovers included? named seven.

Ah you're right. I'd misread when I was looking at the rules it's a minimum of 5 and maximum of 7.

So aye, fill your boots on the bench.

Edit;

14. Number of Players and Substitutes

Except for the circumstances described within Rule 22(a), a team shall consist of eleven players and is permitted to list a minimum of 5 substitutes up to a maximum of 7, of whom not more than 3 may take part in the match. The team list must include 2 recognised goalkeepers, one of whom must be named as a substitute.

The players in a team may be changed from match to match, but a club may not play, or list as a named substitute, any player who, in the same season, has already played, or been a named substitute, for another club in the Competition. (Rule 34.1 (b) refers).

I'd go...

Ripley

Law

Laing

Kennedy

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Grimshaw

Johnson

Clarkson

Moult

If the rumours are true then Ainsworth is away so hes out, Kennedy is a bomb scare Ben Hall deserves to keep his place alongside mcmanus so i would mot have Laing either. Up top Clarkson instead of Skippy, no thanks, the team that started against Accies will do fine.

As much as I'd treat Cove with respect, anyone who is carrying a knock or needs a breather could be rested and we should still have more than enough to win reasonably comfortably!

If go...

Ripley

Law

Hall

McManus

Chalmers

Thomas

Grimshaw

Lasley

Johnson

McFadden

Fletcher

Or something of the likes....

...whilst there are still people around the club who were here when the Albion Rovers debacle took place that ***should*** be painful enough for them to ensure there isn't a repeat

maybe Faddy

Worth remembering that Faddy was involved in the Albion Rovers debacle, and he more than most will remember the hurt of getting knocked out the cup by part time opposition.

Pretty sure you were at methyl Dave?

And when McGhee hailed him as a midfielder?

They two games pretty much wiped out any hope I had for Laing making it as anything other than a hoofball defender

Mark McGhee picks the team Iain and he rates Laing highly as a midfielder, so he must be a serious contender whether we agree or not.

Mark McGhee picks the team Iain and he rates Laing highly as a midfielder, so he must be a serious contender whether we agree or not.

Not disputing what McGhee said in that interview but since the game against Celtic has Laing actually played in midfield in either team? Any time I've seen him in the 20s he's been playing centre half.

I'd have thought if McGhee was planning on using him as a midfielder then he'd be giving him at least some game time in the new role.

Not disputing what McGhee said in that interview but since the game against Celtic has Laing actually played in midfield in either team? Any time I've seen him in the 20s he's been playing centre half.

I'd have thought if McGhee was planning on using him as a midfielder then he'd be giving him at least some game time in the new role.

Mcghee has apparantly seen him playing centre mid for England u19's in the past

Mcghee has apparantly seen him playing centre mid for England u19's in the past

Fair play. There are a couple of articles kicking around the web from his time at Sunderland and he seemed to be genuinely highly thought of and its mentioned more than once that he was able to play that role.

I can absolutely see why McGhee would fancy him in there as he's got height and strength while that goal vs Hearts u20s where he places it into the top bin from 20 odd yards is anything but hoofball. Just found it a bit odd that since the idea was mooted (if it was being considered as a genuine option) he doesn't seem to have had a run out in that position in the dev league games.

• Like 1

We had a lot in the POD on Saturday, if they return there won't be segregated room for Cove, also the flat entrance fee may see more people trying the POD. Whether segregation would actually be needed on Saturday would be debatable.