Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Motherwell V Cove Rangers Sat 9 Jan 15:00

gdalli10

As a word of caution, here a few random quotes pre Albion Rovers. Even MJC took us for an easy win. :ph34r:

Delighted with that a piss easy tie that we will win comfortably

should get through easy enough

Great draw, a nice easy starter for us

The main thing is its a bye tae the next round.

Can't see us not being in the 5th round draw!

Can't see us having any problems getting through the tie

Should be scoring 5 or 6 here.

That title has never stopped lower league teams from beating us in the past. Albion Rovers, anyone? The only loser in this tie is us. If we get beat (god forbid), it will go down as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the Scottish Cup. If we win, we will have done what the majority will expect us to do. Failing to win this one, IS NOT AN OPTION!

Yes part timers ie Albion Rovers have beaten us, when at the time McCall put out a badly prepared and shit team on that Dodgy plastic at NDP.

This time we are at home with a better looking squad and if McGhee gets them prepared properly, this will be a routine victory, but no doubt the pant wetters will suffer sleepless nights until the job is done.

Financially, if we played them away, it would have covered the petrol and the hotel rooms. To stage a game at FP it's approx £25k so when you half the gate money from a home support of what .... 3k plus 200 teuchters paying on average £12 a ticket we'll probably make a small loss, best case break even.

How can it be £25k to stage a a game?

Maybe it works out that way if you split the costs of certain things over the season between the total games but to add a fixture can't be that much surely.

How can it be £25k to stage a a game?

Maybe it works out that way if you split the costs of certain things over the season between the total games but to add a fixture can't be that much surely.

In reference to Goggles and Flippers original email. I would also hope to get more than 3k home fans for the first round proper of the cup.

To progress in the competition, as good a draw as you can hope for.

Financially, if we played them away, it would have covered the petrol and the hotel rooms. To stage a game at FP it's approx £25k so when you half the gate money from a home support of what .... 3k plus 200 teuchters paying on average £12 a ticket we'll probably make a small loss, best case break even.

A good draw for us and I'm quite happy with that.

As far as the gate is concerned, I always understood it is split 3 ways: 33% to cover costs, 33% to home side and 33% to away team. Given that season tickets are not valid we should make a modest profit or, at worst, cover our costs.

Formartine are a good side,spent an insane amount of money for a highland league team (£30-40k signing fee for Paul Lawson, £40k transfer fee to Fraserburgh for Scott Barbour,£30k to Keith for Cammy Keith,£20k signing fee for Jamie Masson from Aberdeen,several other transfer and signing fees and compo of around £30k for Kris Hunter and their new management team.

So its not just senior and junior clubs that are completely irresponsible with money? Unbelievable.

As far as the gate is concerned, I always understood it is split 3 ways: 33% to cover costs, 33% to home side and 33% to away team. Given that season tickets are not valid we should make a modest profit or, at worst, cover our costs.

I thought it was split 50/50 after costs.

Safe to say as far as the club is concerned, the means we reached the final in 2011 is probably the perfect way financially and competitively to progress.

4th Round - Dundee (a)

5th Round - Stranraer (a)

QF - Dundee Utd (a) replay at home

SF - St Johnstone (Hampden)

Early rounds ideally away against little teams to ensure progress and save on costs.

Later rounds against better opposition ideally your draw gets TV coverage and at home for potential advantage.

A good draw for us and I'm quite happy with that.

Only last years rules are published on the SFA site, usually not much chage year on year, and certainly usually get a public airing if there is change:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2013-14/Cup%20competition%20rules.pdf

Rule 41 c) extract is 5% of all monies received go to the SFA, hosting club can retain 20% for costs and remainder split equally between clubs, providing it is more than the Guarantee.

Quite a few rules in there about deductions for season tickets, complimentary , allocation to visitors etc minimum pricing £8 if I read it correctly....

• Like 2

Decent draw. One even better thing is Cove's striker and best player moves to Australia this month, he has scored over 20 so far I believe so will weaken them majorly. Formartine are a good side,spent an insane amount of money for a highland league team (£30-40k signing fee for Paul Lawson, £40k transfer fee to Fraserburgh for Scott Barbour,£30k to Keith for Cammy Keith,£20k signing fee for Jamie Masson from Aberdeen,several other transfer and signing fees and compo of around £30k for Kris Hunter and their new management team.

They might be spending money but if 40k went on Lawson and the rest are of similar quality...then we should be fine.

Rule 41 c) extract is 5% of all monies received go to the SFA,

Didn't know that Iain. Not only that, its payable within 3 days!! In my view whats sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander. Now why can't the SFA stump up monies due to clubs within 3 days (as opposed to several months).