Jump to content

Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

Big Jordan equalises for County 

Good luck to the big guy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

UB older than 40 then 

A bit.......had just started the second year of my apprenticeship when it was released........had a wee refresher this afternoon....superb debut album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

A bit.......had just started the second year of my apprenticeship when it was released........had a wee refresher this afternoon....superb debut album

Food for thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, SteelmaninOZ said:

I went to the Brisbane Roar game today just to see the former Well players Scotty scored and so did Tom an (og) have a peek.

 

 

I wonder what it was that attracted Aldred and McDonald to play in Brisbane rather than Motherwell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I wonder what it was that attracted Aldred and McDonald to play in Brisbane rather than Motherwell 

Robbie Fowler then manager of Brisbane they met in England and talked Tom Aldred to come down under.

As for Scott McDonald it was no secret he wanted to come back to Australia started at Western United and then moved to Brisbane. 
 

Maybe the weather helped :smoke:

I do know they keep in touch with Motherwell FC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Callus Lang scoring the winner for Wigan tonight,

Can I take it he doesn't care who he offends?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Jim Goodwin wants players who dive to win penalties to be named and shamed: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56046465

I'll start off then Jim, Lee Erwin. Funnily enough on that occasion you 'heard' him being fouled.

Dundee United fans would also agree with your post Ped. Our tame media should take him to task but that will never happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Kyle Lafferty signs for Killie, you've got to think if Robinson was still here he'd have been brought here.

We could have done a lot worse than Lafferty,   big strong target man with a good scoring record over the years just what we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2021 at 1:08 PM, SteelmaninOZ said:

I went to the Brisbane Roar game today just to see the former Well players Scotty scored and so did Tom an (og) have a peek.

 

 

 Mrs grizzly's brother lives in Brisbane and we hope to go out some time once normality returns,  would love to go and see a Brisbane roar game,   I thought big aldred was awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

We could have done a lot worse than Lafferty,   big strong target man with a good scoring record over the years just what we need

A bullet dodged. 33 years old. A total fanny and his scoring is not that great when you see it either. He's only hit double figures for two clubs he has been at

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, superward said:

A bullet dodged. 33 years old. A total fanny and his scoring is not that great when you see it either. He's only hit double figures for two clubs he has been at

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

 

Reached double figures for Burnley, Rangers, Hearts and Palermo, despite Soccerbase showing he never played a game for them, which takes some doing. Add in 20 international goals anaw.

Strikes me as a player who'll do the business, if he can be arsed - we'll see how that goes with Killie. But I don't see any of our January signings scoring more than he will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye that's an odd one with Palermo right enough!  Soccerbase usually quite reliable.  

Hitting double figures for Burnley and Rangers about a decade ago, Palermo while in Serie B  ...still maintain its a bullet dodged imo when you take into account his reputation and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, superward said:

Aye that's an odd one with Palermo right enough!  Soccerbase usually quite reliable.  

Hitting double figures for Burnley and Rangers about a decade ago, Palermo while in Serie B  ...still maintain its a bullet dodged imo when you take into account his reputation and age.

Could be related to Palermo getting chucked out the league over all sorts of dodgy dealings, all games and records declared void or something to that effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Could be related to Palermo getting chucked out the league over all sorts of dodgy dealings, all games and records declared void or something to that effect?

Think that was a few years later. Their owner gave him a glowing reference:

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

Sounds like Lafferty was lucky to dodge a bullet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Lang scoring again for Wigan this evening. Currently 1-0 up against Oxford who also have Alex Rodriguez Gorrin playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Ryan Bowman is sent off (straight red) for a flying elbow. That surely cannot be the case...

Scored Exeter,s goal before the red card, I thought he was a great player for us, good hard honest pro and scored a few goals as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×