Scottish Premiership Partick Thistle V Motherwell Sat 24 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

It's a bit of a truism but you can usually tell by players reactions & very few, if any, Thistle players are claiming for a decision. Scully is absolutely raging at his defenders.

The only arm that goes up is the player who notices the linesman flagging and draws the ref's attention to it. The rest of them think it's a goal.

stv's point earlier in the thread is worth noting too, Thomson ended up having to overrule the same linesman a few times through the game for decisions he had obviously got wrong. unfortunately given Thomson's position for the free kick the offside is one that he has to take the linesman's word for.

Missed the game and while it's disappointed to hear we put in such a woeful first half performance, I think it shows some character to put it right in 45 minutes and score 2 goals.

As has been said about previous similar games, a year ago we didn't have the character to come back.

I've always found it hard to reason dropped points from refereeing decisions unless the happen after a pivotal moment. In this case that would have been our equaliser.

Safe to say when a goal is scored it changes the dynamic of the game, either leads to a hardening of resolve and a fightback or gives momentum to the scoring team. Last week is a prime example.

I could understand the "dropped points" camp if the disallowed goal came after our equaliser. However when it's before it, it's hard to quantify if we would have went on to score a second because the game would have changed intrinsically as a result.

Long and short is, we didn't turn up, if we performed and did the job then we wouldn't be clutching at straws to get something from a match that by all intents and purposes we deserved nothing from except a free warm shower at Firhill.

The assistant referee who disallowed blatant goal is very experienced as also on FIFA panel of assistant referees so very disappointing and not that it should matter but also a local as comes from mossend.

He is lino in a champions league match this week also. Just a bad day at the office in the howling weather perhaps.

Completely wrong to suggest the crowd influenced him, you don't get Champions League games by being easily swayed. Just like Sutton saying Thomson bottled it by not sending off Forrester was complete and utter drivel - he made a mistake, no more no less. And given the games these guys get, they clearly don't make as many as those round about them - UEFA don't just give Scottish referees games out of sympathy but it's because they are among the best.

On Mr Mulvanney on Saturday he has obviously dropped his concentration for a second because he has taken up the perfect position and is right up with the play. And for what it was worth I thought Craig Thomson had a super game on Saturday, he'll be frustrated an assistant's call has let him down.

However I think had we equalised earlier, my feeling is that we would have gone on and won. As Goggles & Flippers said goals change games but I think when we did score it became apparent one team hadn't won since the first game and the other were three unbeaten because Thistle became scared of losing and we believed we could score and I think that dynamic with an extra fifteen minutes could have turned it for us. Of course it is conjecture but they were the ones desperate for full time at 1-1.

• Like 1

The reason I said thought crowd influenced him was because flag only went up after ball hit back of net and as he was in perfect position couldn't understand how he could get it so wrong would not be the 1st time a top ref been swayed by crowd reaction . Maybe it was just a glaring error and as will never know one way or the other will just move on and hope we start getting the rub of the green next few games as will certainly need it with the games coming up .

The thing that's frustrating is there's actually 4 mistakes in the one decision, as not only are there 3 defenders plus the keeper either in-line or between McDonald and the goal, but he's also actually behind the ball when it's headed back over.

Do we know it ws definitely offside that was given and not some other weird offence? Any decision would be poor, but offside seems so wrong, maybe he flagged for an obstruction or something (still wrong, but not as wrong as the offside)

Yes definitely offside, he holds his flat in front of him along the line of the offense, a free kick he would have just raised his flag

• Like 1