The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Erwin appears to split opinion but I've always been a big fan and he would be a significant upgrade on Bowman and Fisher. He's a talented boy who posses many of the physical attributes Robinson looks for in a player. However, does he have the character Robinson would be looking for?

Here are his goals from last season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2ErWcuVRw

Given our recent history, I hope he isn't lining up against us on the 1st day of the season.

I doubt he's foreign enough to interest Rangers. Aberdeen might fancy a punt.

Robinson will certainly know all about him and if he's remotely interested in bringing him back. I wouldn't be against it, but I'll need to be convinced his success at the end of his last season wasn't mostly down to Skippy's mentoring. His most successful period was when he was loaned to Arborath.

If as expected Moult leaves then I would not be agin Erwin coming back.

I would rate him better than either Fusher or Bowman

He came on to a game last few months with us and there is a good player in there

Read something about him being in talks to come back to Scotland. Doubt the old firm, so possibly Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen ?

Doubt we could afford him, unless we are about to hunt Blyth and even then

Was it someone that has the ability to read a paper that told you?

Wasn't aware it was in the papers

Patrick were in for him before he went to Oldham on loan and came back in for him in for him at the end of the last season

Apologies if you were already aware of that from the papers, didn't realise people still read newspapers in 2017

If he does end up back in Scotland, we can add him to the ever-growing list of players that couldn't cut it in the English Lower Leagues. A lot of water under the bridge since teams like Ayr Utd and Partick Thistle were providing players for successful Liverpool teams.

I hate losing our guys to the Old firm but in this case, i would much rather see our man go to Celtic than those dobbers in Aberdeen. 2 good seasons and they think their world beaters. Forgetting conveniently about the previous 10.

If he goes anywhere, i really hope a half decent English team comes in and gazumps them both.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure we could have fitted him in but I'm a bit disappointed Killie have got him.

McCulloch has made some interesting signings and looks as though he's going to give promising youngsters a chance alongside some experience. Might be a bit of a risk but should be exciting.

I would've loved Erwin back. We really can't end the transfer window with Fisher, Blyth(injured) and Bowman in 3 of the 4 striking positions, that would be an absolute disaster.

Robinson keeps talking about adding another "pacey" striker, so fingers crossed he pulls that off. Would be a disaster if that didn't happen and then we lost Moult at the last minute.

Yeah, I'm not sure we could have fitted him in but I'm a bit disappointed Killie have got him.

McCulloch has made some interesting signings and looks as though he's going to give promising youngsters a chance alongside some experience. Might be a bit of a risk but should be exciting.

I think McCulloch's signing philosophy is "Can you play on plastic? Aye? Yir in!" That's one advantage Thomas and Erwin have from their U20 days.

I agree, McCulloch is doing some interesting business. The likes of Burke, if he can stay fit, Erwin, Boyd and Jones should offer them a fair amount going forward and they have Kiltie, Taylor etc as the young guys coming through.

Can't say I know much about their back line but if the forward players can click they should be challenging for the top 6.

Can't honestly say that any of the signings made by the likes of Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle or St Johnstone have made me think "god, I wish we had signed them". Over time, pretty sure that some of them will shine and I'll think they could have done a job for us. But hopefully fans of other clubs will look at Bigirimana, Carson or others and think the same thing...

• Andy_P locked this topic