The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Andy Walker and what looked like a Celtic scout (seemed to be wearing a Celtic tracksuit top) were at the game today, heard them at half time saying 'he makes good strikers runs' as they walked past me as I waited for a bovril. Probably nothing in it. What is Andy Walker doing these days?

Stuff for sky.

Not sure if he's affiliated to a club? Usually speaks about Celtic, but that might say more about Sky's interest in Scottish Football than Andy Walkers role.

I remember him running with a clenched fist to the East Stand after scoring for Celtic against us. Feck him.

Nothing funnier than fans that give players dogs abuse starting to greet when the same players rub it in their face after scoring.

Walker was great for us. I don't care what he did after that.

• Like 1

Chris Cadden is genuinely our biggest asset. Homegrown, improving and with two years left on his contract. As a selling club, we will always be open to offers, but you would have to think that it would take more than the likes of Brighton or Blackburn would offer to force our hand at this juncture.

Chris Cadden is genuinely our biggest asset. Homegrown, improving and with two years left on his contract. As a selling club, we will always be open to offers, but you would have to think that it would take more than the likes of Brighton or Blackburn would offer to force our hand at this juncture.

Not sure I agree with that. Brighton will be pretty flush now that they have made it into the top league. If Brighton want him then they will get him. Throwing £750k-£1m at someone like Cadden is nothing. We would bite their hand off if they came close to hitting 7 figures for him.

From what Robinson is saying it looks like unless there is movement (moult or bowman) then we are just looking at a defender. Note he's stopped talking about this pacy striker. Does that mean that the new u21 guy is actually the "pacy striker"?

Not unhappy with that. We're only playing with one out and out striker anyway. If thats our system how many do we need? On admittedly very limited evidence, Newell does seem a wee bit above Under 20 level.

Hopefully it would need to take a ridicules offer to lose gadden right now given the fact that we are guaranteed 600 thousand+ regardless when he goes. We finally have a strong looking central midfield capable of competing in this league, to break that up this close to the start of the league season would be a seriously big setback. So unless it's an offer the club just can't refuse and the gaffer knows exactly who he would bring in as a replacement, selling cadds could be a disaster.

Cadden is not daft. He's still close pals with Ben hall and talks to him regularly. Cadden won't make the same mistake as him as hall still hasn't trained for their first team since he moved there. If cadden goes to an English team it should be to a good league one team or lower championship team where he is gustanteed to play games and develop, similar to what Jamie Murphy did. That said if our board get an offer from anyone who match our valuation then they don't care who he is sold to. Ps take all the paper talk as a pinch of salt as all the press are convinced moussa dembele is going to Barcelona for £50M

Andy Walker's goal against Celtic in the League cup semi was a touch of class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLk0MGeH9XQ

Oh dear. That's the most upset I've ever been through my years watching the team and that's just brought it all back although I like the editing to miss Burns' decisive penalty.

The dummy he sold Bonner is always the stand - out memory I have of Walker but I hadn't realised Boyd was captain at that point which is incredible considering that continued until the cup win. And for all that's said out about him, an enthusiastic celebration after scoring against Celtic.

• Like 1

Also surprisingly week of Rangers game teams bidding for our players supposidely ,to try and unsettle them sounds familiar only shock is it's not Rangers .

Nobody is trying to unsettle our players. The club is quite happy for our players to be coveted through the media.

Regarding Brighton, I think Cadden would be much closer to the 1st team than Ben Hall.

If the extent of our signings in attack is to be Fisher and Tanner then we are in for a long season.

It is a concern at the moment, absolutely.

Interesting that our conversion rate dropped significantly in the past 2 games when our game plan seemed to be to get the ball wide and get crosses in. We were much more effective when we were passing and moving through the middle in the first 2 games.

Cadden is not daft. He's still close pals with Ben hall and talks to him regularly. Cadden won't make the same mistake as him as hall still hasn't trained for their first team since he moved there.

Ben Hall knew when he left that he was going to join Brighton's Under-21s, so he can't have too many complaints if he's still there after just one season. If he's still there when his contract expires, then it'd be fair to re-assess whether he's out of his depth there.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic