The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

We had several deals "just about there" last week, nothing! Same this week, nothing! Typical pish and wind from the club. We will lose a few more before we announce anything

New players will be signed/revealed early july. New kits revealed in july, on sale from about october. The usual motherwell way

As far as speculation goes, the only names that have been mentioned are:

Graham Carey - Plymouth

James tanner - Plymouth

Jordan Owens - crusaders

None of the mentions had any substance to them though, and Carey seems unlikely, just speculation on p&b or Twitter.

On one of the Plymouth forums earlier, they appear to be under the impression that Carey is heading North.....

to Wigan.

Is Kyle Lafferty a realistic outside shout?

Scott Mullen's 'interesting' tweet is a potential tease and suggests to me we are in for someone relatively high profile.

I wouldn't be breaking the bank to sign him but I don't think we'll be breaking the bank for anyone. McDonald's wages to go to him? Would he be worth it..?

Just heard that Michael O'Halloran has knocked back an offer from us for £1800 per week. Rangers were willing to pay him the difference of the rest of his contract i.e. £3200 per week.

Would have been a permanent move.

Source was a guy at work who used to work at Ibrox and knows a few folk there.

Just heard that Michael O'Halloran has knocked back an offer from us for £1800 per week. Rangers were willing to pay him the difference of the rest of his contract i.e. £3200 per week.

I say we sign him first then demand a good fee from rangers, rip the piss out of them for once

Interesting if true. Is this also in exchange or part of any deal for Moult.

Any player who is that good should have faith in their ability to come here and prove it. They would get 1st team football and be sold to a better and bigger club within 1-2 years max. If no financial penalty to him personally seems a strange one unless his agent knows of others clubs waiting in the wings. But unlikely any club in Scotland could afford to buy him.

Assuming it is true of course........

I assume this would be a deal involving Moult or Rangers would be looking for a club to pay more, if not all, of his wages and potentially even a fee if they are offering him around the English Championship or League 1.

I really don't understand the big push for O'Halloran by the club. He is obviously a very talented player,. however, It is clear that the guy has personal issues and has basically been abandoned by 3 rangers managers so far since his switch from St Johnstone. If 3 managers don't fancy him then we really need to think long and hard about this. If he brings this attitude with him to the club and refuses to turn up for training sessions or goes in the huff and has a 'sore back' for most of the season (Vigurs) then I can see this backfiring on us. Last thing we need is someone with billy big baws attitude who thinks he is a cut above. Especially if the wages are allegedly anywhere near what has just been said.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the big push for O'Halloran by the club. He is obviously a very talented player,. however, It is clear that the guy has personal issues and has basically been abandoned by 3 rangers managers so far since his switch from St Johnstone. If 3 managers don't fancy him then we really need to think long and hard about this. If he brings this attitude with him to the club and refuses to turn up for training sessions or goes in the huff and has a 'sore back' for most of the season (Vigurs) then I can see this backfiring on us. Last thing we need is someone with billy big baws attitude who thinks he is a cut above. Especially if the wages are allegedly anywhere near what has just been said.

I'm kind of +1 on this. Though not necessarily for the same reasons.

I can totally see why the club are interested, especially with Ainsworth & McDonald having left. We're looking for a player who has pace and can play off the striker. He's evidently not happy there (though he agitated for the move, I don't know what he expected) and they're clearly looking to get shot of him. Even more so if they're willing to actively pay him off to get him off their books. He's only 26 so in theory has his best years ahead of him. All in all there's a deal there for someone.

What I don't really get is why we'd still pursue it after we've had kb's previously. We seemed to be publicly chasing him in January and it didn't happen. Given his situation you'd have thought he'd be into getting a shot at first team football, who knows maybe he thinks he can get a bigger club or maybe he's just genuinely fine with bleeding 8k a week (or whatever it is he's on) from the bigots for the remainder of his 4 year deal. Either of those scenarios are totally fine but us chasing a player who's not that fussed about coming to the club, let's not waste time doing that.

• Like 4

Regardless of what we may think it is undoubtedly a step down for him. 50k to 4k fans, 50k stadium to 12.5k, £xk per week to £1.8k as reported headline pay.

It appears has a fragile ego an and is nursing a chip on his shoulder. He obviously can't see the benefit of taking a step back to take two forward and also has a differing view of his value, hence no doubt holding off till the clubs he think are of his standard come knocking.

The refusal today would possibly be a different entity if he has no options the night Jim White is on the telly in his gold tie.

Regardless of what we may think it is undoubtedly a step down for him. 50k to 4k fans, 50k stadium to 12.5k, £xk per week to £1.8k as reported headline pay.

It appears has a fragile ego an and is nursing a chip on his shoulder. He obviously can't see the benefit of taking a step back to take two forward and also has a differing view of his value, hence no doubt holding off till the clubs he think are of his standard come knocking.

The refusal today would possibly be a different entity if he has no options the night Jim White is on the telly in his gold tie.

It's definitely a step down financially, but at the end of the day he's sitting in the stands with the 50,000 fans, not playing in front of them all that much, is he?

From the Official SIte.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/06/01/well-set-for-pre-season-in-dublin/

Well set for pre-season in Dublin
Thursday, June 1, 2017
CaltonHouseHotelI.jpg

The Motherwell squad will head to Ireland for a weeklong training camp as preparations get underway for the new 2017-18 campaign.

Stephen Robinson will take a new-look squad across the Irish Sea to the exclusive Carton House resort, located 20km outside Dublin, for a week of intensive training at the end of this month.

Carton House has a unrivalled reputation and has hosted some of the world’s biggest clubs including Real Madrid, Chelsea and even the Brazilian National team.

‘Well boss Stephen Robinson, who is familiar with resort having used it as a base whilst Northern Irish assistant before Euro 2016, said: “Preparation and organisation is huge for me and after reviewing everything about last season, it’s [going away for a pre-season camp] something I feel we probably missed.

“The whole resort is first class and, just as important to me, it’s conducive to a concentrated, hard-working environment.

“I think the time together, working hard, bonding and getting to know each other is extremely important, particularly if you’re recruiting a lot of new players.

“I’ve had first hand experience of Carton House and I can honestly say I have never worked in a better football facility anywhere in the world. You only need to look at the teams who will follow us in the weeks after we leave; it’s who’s who of EPL clubs.

“The whole resort is first class and, just as important to me, it’s conducive to a concentrated, hard-working environment.

“We’ll put the lads through their paces. We won’t play games as I want to concentrate fully on getting the squad as fit as possible and as soon as we return, we’ll go immediately into pre-season matches.”

The club will announce the first of its pre-season fixtures following the Betfred Cup draw on Friday night.

• Andy_P locked this topic