The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I am a bit conflicted about selling our players to the same league. Presumably if let's say Rangers don't buy Moult they would still spend that money on another adequate striker who could perform well against us. They won't just put the money back in their pocket. So if that is where we can get the best deal we should consider it.

I am a bit conflicted about selling our players to the same league. Presumably if let's say Rangers don't buy Moult they would still spend that money on another adequate striker who could perform well against us. They won't just put the money back in their pocket. So if that is where we can get the best deal we should consider it.

The thing is, if the sort of fee/deal that is being quoted is correct then it's well within reach of any number of League 1/Championship sides who, I'd argue, will be in a better position to sell the player on for an inflated fee which suits us better in the long run.

How many players have gone to Ibrox lately and actually improved or have been sold for profit? They're talking about possibly accepting less than the first instalment Preston were due for Garner just to get him out the door.

The question no one seems to be asking in the whole Moult/Rangers scenario is........where the fuck are they going to get half a mill from ? They are heavily indebted and basically, have started having a fire sale, which may yet be a closing down sale. If any such deal goes ahead, I would hope our board would have the good sense to demand full payment up front.

• Like 1

They'll bring in over £10m in season ticket money this summer. So they'll have cash to spend.

They also had a wage bill of over £10 mil for last season, which, presumably, they'll have to budget for next season, using up the season ticket money and then some.

They also had a wage bill of over £10 mil for last season, which, presumably, they'll have to budget for next season, using up the season ticket money and then some.

Maybe they could use the season ticket money to...

Hang on, wasn't that on the news recently?

Maybe they could use the season ticket money to...

Hang on, wasn't that on the news recently?

It was ! King was all over the news saying that all of the season ticket money would be 'put into the playing squad'. isn't that pretty much what all clubs do anyway ??? Deluded h**s reckon it means an 11 mill transfer fee budget, I reckon it was king talk for covering the wage bill

what about David Templeton at accies? I don't know his situation there but if seen him on tv last few weeks and he looks dangerous. him and ohalloran would give us good attacking options. when moult goes however we need a centre forward really badly.

• Like 1

what about David Templeton at accies? I don't know his situation there but if seen him on tv last few weeks and he looks dangerous. him and ohalloran would give us good attacking options. when moult goes however we need a centre forward really badly.

He signed a 1 year deal at Accies a few weeks ago. You're right though, he was looking sharp in the few highlights I saw.

He's already signed a deal with Accies. Sorry just beaten to it by Dezz.

Not really sure what to make of this but found it interesting regardless. Possibly not strictly relevant to this thread but related to our overall transfer strategy.

https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/867650612447645696

(On my phone so not sure how to upload the picture directly)

Rangers continuing to throw money on the fire!

Was reading an Ayr Utd thread and it's claimed we are sniffing around their keeper Greg Fleming. He will know Fir Park from having been Gretna's keeper back in the day.

Last time I was down at Ayr ( v Brechin, two seasons ago) he got a clean sheet which was probably the last time I saw a clean sheet!

Couple of rumours I heard today. Steven McManus to be assistant manager. Keith Lasley apparently had a clause in his contract that if we stayed up, he automatically would get another year.

Might be absolute garbage but it's the season for it...

Couple of rumours I heard today. Steven McManus to be assistant manager. Keith Lasley apparently had a clause in his contract that if we stayed up, he automatically would get another year.

Might be absolute garbage but it's the season for it...

The first rumour is certainly gathering momentum. Haven't heard the second however

Was reading an Ayr Utd thread and it's claimed we are sniffing around their keeper Greg Fleming. He will know Fir Park from having been Gretna's keeper back in the day.

Last time I was down at Ayr ( v Brechin, two seasons ago) he got a clean sheet which was probably the last time I saw a clean sheet!

Doubt it he's a 30 year old keeper who played for a team that got relegated from the championship

• Andy_P locked this topic