League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

100% agree. All speculation of course but it would also flush out the SFA's position and expose the truth, whatever that is.

Exactly. If they quashed our appeal for that penalty kick I'd love to hear their explanation. Also, it would be another iffy appeal decision we could add to our collection. As it stands now we'll never know.

I like Robbo's wee dig but Id have prefered a more direct dig such as "It is clear to everyone who has seen the incident , apart from the ref, that Sinclair dived. The fact he hasnt been cited shows the SFA's attitude toward such behaviour and so we feel any appeal on our behalf would prove fruitless,yet again"

With a suspended ban already hanging over him (I think?), Robbo is in no position to accuse another professional of cheating, let alone the SFA, unfortunately.

Whilst I completely understand the sentiment and reason behind not appealing it has pissed me off.

More so to do with the self righteous indignation being shown by the Celtic fans that we had the temerity to question the penalty award in the first place.

Some of the comments on social media and that I am receiving from people who support them are pretty annoying in that we essentially are admitting we where wrong and that we are shame faced today etc etc.

Basically they are feeling completely vindicated in the decision in their favour.

Utterly bemusing.

Whilst I completely understand the sentiment and reason behind not appealing it has pissed me off.

More so to do with the self righteous indignation being shown by the Celtic fans that we had the temerity to question the penalty award in the first place.

Some of the comments on social media and that I am receiving from people who support them are pretty annoying in that we essentially are admitting we where wrong and that we are shame faced today etc etc.

Basically they are feeling completely vindicated in the decision in their favour.

Utterly bemusing.

I can see what you're saying and I agree to an extent, can also see the club's thinking. It's not going to change the fact that we didn't win the cup, will it make us feel any better to be told that 'Aye, you were robbed of a chance to get back into it'?

As to Celtic fans' opinions? The few I know have been pretty up front with me in saying that it wasn't a penalty or a red card. Those on social media or elsewhere who want to delude themselves that this is us admitting it was the right decision? They can tell themselves that if they want, I'm not getting into a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Having heard the club's perpsective on the red card appeal I completey agree with it. In particular regarding helping Cedirc move on and focus on the upcoming games. I'm sure we'll cope without him next July in our first group game against Albion Rovers.

Having heard the club's perpsective on the red card appeal I completey agree with it. In particular regarding helping Cedirc move on and focus on the upcoming games. I'm sure we'll cope without him next July in our first group game against Albion Rovers.

Actually can see a flaw in the club's logic. Given we'll be in Europe having won the Scottish Cup, our first league cup tie could be a tricky one...

Actually can see a flaw in the club's logic. Given we'll be in Europe having won the Scottish Cup, our first league cup tie could be a tricky one...

Our U20s will be so strong thanks to Project Brave, we'll just field them in the League Cup group stages.

The club's position is a joke. The SFA were in a tricky position where they either had to make a fair decision or lose all credibility and we have decided to let them off the hook.

The reasons given are a joke. There is obviously something going on in the background. Burrows possibly fancies a blazer. Combine this with the silence over the south upper and you have a fan owned club shitting on the fans.

• Like 2

You are Stuart McCall and I claim my £5

The club's position is a joke. The SFA were in a tricky position where they either had to make a fair decision or lose all credibility and we have decided to let them off the hook.

The reasons given are a joke. There is obviously something going on in the background. Burrows possibly fancies a blazer. Combine this with the silence over the south upper and you have a fan owned club shitting on the fans.

Disgraceful that there has been nothing said about the upper tier of scum fans!

Disgraceful that there has been nothing said about the upper tier of scum fans!

Aye.

Sell tickets without telling your fans they will be below Celtic fans. Don't bother demanding extra stewards to protect your fans. After your fans get pelted with drinks and coins sit quietly and wait for Lawell and Regan to pat you on the head.

Cheers Motherwell!

• Like 1

Aye.

Sell tickets without telling your fans they will be below Celtic fans. Don't bother demanding extra stewards to protect your fans. After your fans get pelted with drinks and coins sit quietly and wait for Lawell and Regan to pat you on the head.

Cheers Motherwell!

I'm assuming if you've contacted the club directly and you haven't had a response?

That's really surprising. Communication with fans is excellent these days.

Sorry but I don't know which media outlets you read or watch but in my opinion the compliant scottish media have forgotten about it already. Now if this happened to the unwashed there would be wall to wall coverage and 8 page pullouts we would never hear the end of it.

Got to agree with that. Bowmangate rumbled on for days as the west coast media wagons circled Fir Park. The only thing that drew an end to it was Pedro getting the bullet.

Whilst it doesnt sit well with me that the club are not appealling Cedrics red card I can understand it. I would prefer them to keep the heat on the SFA by keeping the matter in the spotlight as long as possible but the club have to be pragmatic about it and assess how much we are going to benefit from it. The answer is not much. I think Robinsons comments and those of the Chairman after the game are pretty clear. It was never a penalty. It was never a red card but we have no faith in the appeal system so whats the point. Thats what should be being reported but we all know it wont be. Best response is for everyone to get along to Fir Park tomorrow night, back Cedric and the team to the hilt and watch us pump them!

The reasons given are a joke. There is obviously something going on in the background........ Combine this with the silence over the south upper and you have a fan owned club shitting on the fans.

I agree about the red card appeal, especially in view of Jim McMahon's comment about Kipper. That seems contradictory. Obviously something has gone on behind the scenes - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. Its possible, but unlikely in the extreme, given what we've all seen or heard, that the club has decided Thomson was correct. Its also possible that Kipper himself has asked the club not to appeal. However the most likely explanation to me is that the SFA have told the club that if we appeal they would review Kipper's tackle on Dembele. All speculation on my part of course.

As to your other point has anyone actually complained to the club or the SPFL about the seating? It would be hard for the club to take it up with SPFL if it hadn't received any complaint from fans.

Personally I think its time to move on. Still a huge amount to play for including another shot at making Hampdon again. Im pretty confident we would win it this time against any other team bar Celtic.

Move on?!?!? It's been 3 days.

When folk are still ragin' about ref's decisions from 1970-odd I think it might be a wee while before we've all moved on. Give it to the year 2055 at least.

• Like 2

Move on?!?!? It's been 3 days.

When folk are still ragin' about ref's decisions from 1970-odd I think it might be a wee while before we've all moved on. Give it to the year 2055 at least.