Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Just watching St. Brenda's comments on Sportscene "Motherwell will play a very different type of game to the one we will" .......

Let me get my Seville calculator out as it has a pikey translator function ....... it changes to "Motherwell are durty, durty bastards, protect them from my players such as Brown and Sinclair who are consummate professionals".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

1985 ......it was Graeme Forbes who missed the header .......I m sure we were in the west Terrace might be wrong getting mixed up with 1986 league cup /91 semis 

Your right, it was the original "psycho" who missed. I'm sure it was at the east terrace though. The 1986 semi (5-4 loss on penalties?) and the '91 games were  definitely the covered end.

17 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Just watching St. Brenda's comments on Sportscene "Motherwell will play a very different type of game to the one we will" .......

Let me get my Seville calculator out as it has a pikey translator function ....... it changes to "Motherwell are durty, durty bastards, protect them from my players such as Brown and Sinclair who are consummate professionals".

Did he not also say we were an honest team .......unlike his shower of overpaid cheating cuntz

3 minutes ago, grumpy said:

Your right, it was the original "psycho" who missed. I'm sure it was at the east terrace though. The 1986 semi (5-4 loss on penalties?) and the '91 games were  definitely the covered end.

Just looked up the footage on u tube.......I stand corrected .....looks like tri colours in the west terrace (h*n end) and us in Smeltic end.....feckin dementia or Weston's cider not sure

Hard to some up all the feelings and emotions of yesterday.

Incredibly proud of the team. We may not always be the prettiest on the eye. But for sheer effort, grit and determination, we are hard to beat.

Every single player played their part. Not one sub par performance in the 14. The work rate of the midfield 3 Tait and Cadden was incredible to watch and the front 2 must be horrible to play against.

Curtis Main wont ever replace Louis Moult in our hearts and minds, but he is fast becoming every bit as valuable to us in his own right. 

Despite being surprised at how comfortable the team were in the game I couldnt fully relax until the 3rd went in. Too many old scars I suppose.

But what a release that goal was. Great tenacity to forge the opportunity and great composure to finish. 

So to the final and Celtic.

It will be a tough ask, no doubt. They have a lot of talented players. However, there defence is suspect when put under pressure. If we press high up the park and do what we did to Aberdeen and make better use of the ball when we get it we may get some joy. Of the 4 times we have played them this season, the only game we let ourselves down was at Parkhead so we have shown we can compete with them. We just need to focus on what we do well and try and impose our game on them. With a little luck it might just be possible.

PS. Im glad we are going to be in the West Stand. All the best pubs are that side and Im sure the Shed will be doing a pre match party again! 

4 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Do we receive 50% of the gate receipts ?

We receive 33%.  Of the total gate, some 4,000 - 5,000 will be complimentary.   From the total gate income 33% goes on expenses (including VAT I think) and the residual 66% is split between the two teams. 

Time to wind up the wee leprechaun as much as we can starting with Robbo saying stuff about Shellic players staying on their feet when they get near the box ,looking for strong referee and so on .Doesnt really matter what end we are in but would like Burrows to put it out there that we want their "traditional " end so we can really piss them off .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yassin said:

I don't really get the obsession with stands. It's a 10 minute walk to either end, and the stadium is more or less symmetrical anyway.

I think it’s just about questioning these norms. Why should Celtic/Rangers have their own end at Hampden? It’s a neutral venue.

Logistically it makes more sense for Motherwell fans to have the East stand as the majority of our support are coming from the south east.

Although it’s not often we get to such an occasion and can understand the club not wanting to get bogged down in this debate.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yassin said:

I don't really get the obsession with stands. It's a 10 minute walk to either end, and the stadium is more or less symmetrical anyway.

Agreed, it's Hampden it does not matter which end we get the view is equally shit, leave the debate about traditions and who gets what end to the ugly sisters.

Let's concentrate on getting as many Motherwell fans as possible there on the day and make it a day to remember.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Let's just go an completely body them, their defenders are all either shite, young and inexperienced or made of chocolate. Main and Bowman should just leather them.

And let Campbell sort out Brown in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I see the BBC gossip page is reporting that we won't be asking for a 50/50 split for tickets, the club reckon we will take about 13k fans based on the league cup final uptake apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43780707

'Flow had said as much on twitter before a ball was kicked on Saturday

The same as we got for the last one! That’s only fair. Just the not so easy task of trying to beat Aberdeen first though, eh?

We got about 13,500 to start. We sold it in a way that allowed Celtic fans to get more if needed (to maximise the crowd), and that happened. We eventually sold something like 11,700(ish)

I agree I would ask for same as 2011 final which is half Main stand(South) including top tier and full West which we will sell in sections and if we have any empty sections like league cup final we return tickets . The Scottish is a far bigger Final and is last game of season and also as no other game on in Scotland most of us have pals and family who will come and support the local team  as long as not Celtic fans . 

I think Alan Burrows should make it clear we will not have Celtic fans above us as per the league cup final.

It was me who posted about Thomson not getting the final. Guy behind me in the Hunter Stand knows someone who works in the SFA/ SPFL ? offices and he said the decision was made that he wouldn't referee another We'll game before he retires. Hope its true but we will still be up against it no matter which ref we get.

I'm quite confident we will have more there than the 12000 at the League Cup Final. Already had a few texts from mates down South and overseas to see if I can assist getting them a ticket. Scottish Cup carriers a far bigger buzz.
16,000-17,000 'Well fans I reckon. 
Likewise, one friend is coming back from New York and another from Cape Town, If it has to be 13000 we will sell them, but as others have said no mhanks above us this time

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Let's just go an completely body them, their defenders are all either shite, young and inexperienced or made of chocolate. Main and Bowman should just leather them.

This is good in theory, but the ref will likely have other ideas.