Kmcalpin

2019-20 Rebuild

My only objection to Griffiths would be that we’d be getting him fit for Celtic possibly at the expense of the development of Long/Scott etc.

From a Scotland point of view I’d be for it given the lack of options the national team have.

I like Griffiths, but not a fan of bringing in players in January that haven't had first team action for months.

59 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My only objection to Griffiths would be that we’d be getting him fit for Celtic possibly at the expense of the development of Long/Scott etc.

From a Scotland point of view I’d be for it given the lack of options the national team have.

I don't think griffiths would hamper eithers development considering how much we rotate anyway, and sometimes even play two up top. Both could learn a lot of Griffiths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Long and Scott as would a few other players would only benefit playing with Griffiths, an experienced international player and goal scorer to learn from, 

• Like 1

If a reasonably fit and well Griffiths is available for loan, surely he’d be Hibs bound? I’d love him at Motherwell but I’d be amazed if this was a genuine option. 

There's absolutely no chance Griffiths will be coming to us on loan. Lennon is already on record as saying he won't be leaving.. even if he was, I am sure he would have more enticing suitors than ourselves.

Regardless of his personal issues Griffiths would still be miles outwith our reach.

• Like 1

If we do get a "traditional"  number 9, it gives me the fear we'll just revert to humping long balls up the middle.

I don't really get the signing of ndjoli,i don't think he's the type of player were needing but hopefully he can come in and have a positive impact between now and the end of the season.

38 minutes ago, mfc said:

I don't really get the signing of ndjoli,i don't think he's the type of player were needing but hopefully he can come in and have a positive impact between now and the end of the season.

Yep I sort of feel the same way.

If he's better than Seedorf and Illic which he should be then he's worth a try.

But not at the expense of signing a striker.

• Like 3

Normally I’d say we have no chance of Griffiths on loan. But given how close the title race is - combined with how desperate I imagine Celtic are to win it - is it such a crazy idea to think that they may feel helping a decent team to strengthen (to potentially take points off rangers) without hurting themselves (cause loan players can’t pkay against them) isn’t a bad shout?

5 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Normally I’d say we have no chance of Griffiths on loan. But given how close the title race is - combined with how desperate I imagine Celtic are to win it - is it such a crazy idea to think that they may feel helping a decent team to strengthen (to potentially take points off rangers) without hurting themselves (cause loan players can’t pkay against them) isn’t a bad shout?

I expect they're well aware they could loan us half their team and we still wouldn't take points off Rangers. So yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, supermarv said:

Ndjoli signs. Good player and will add something to the team we don’t really have. 

You seen him play is he any good ?

If we do sign Griffiths , could we afford the extra expense of having to open the top half of the south stand every Saturday so all his weans can watch him play ?

• Haha 2

Surprise, another signing who "gives us options all across the front three"  Robbo fucking loves a winger.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

You seen him play is he any good ?

I have watched many Bournemouth u21s games on the live thing and he was by far their best player which wasn’t even last season. Has been involved with their first team. Did OK at Killie and did ok when playing against us IIRC. Could well be a very good signing but he’ll be pretty unknown to most. 

Decent video for him playing for Bournemouth u21s make of it what u will for some that haven’t seen him. A welcomed addition who should do well.