2019'20 Game 13: Celtic (A)

Andy_P

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I was too harsh on Maguire earlier, he's done pretty well. Cole has worked his socks off and Long has done nothing but gurn at his teammates.

Can’t argue with any of that. We still give the ball away too easily too often which makes it harder for ourselves. Don’t like it when they get Forrest 1 on 1 with Tait 

47 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

I suspect my only chance of a happy ending today is if I buy the wife a really big bunch of flowers.

and thats why there is negativity its as predictable as rain 2-0. Celtic far from impressive and we cant lay a punch on them.. as was correctly said at 1-0......... game done.

The truth is there for all to see. We have been much better this season although Hibs and Hearts being turgid (until now anyway) has reflected well on us in terms of results and league placings. 

The reality is we are still fairly soft at the back and Tait and Grimshaw are average defenders at best and are routinely found out against much faster and better players. Grimshaw won player of the month yet I actually thought his distribution and defending had been quite poor last few games. Must be just me.  Would like to see the Celtic 2nd goal but would wager it was totally unavoidable. 

Games at Parkhead will not define our season but we always hope for a miracle....ah well.

Hibs away next will be a huge game. They will have a new Manager most likely and if we fail to get a positive result in that game our season may dip a little. 

3 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

However, it’s not the worst performance at Celtic Park, so I was wrong to be so negative.

and whats the difference losing well and losing badly ... absolutely bugger all ... but they'll be queuing up to take positives from the defeat, its the Scottish mentality we are comfortable losers from the top of the game to the juniors