2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Let's be honest here Newcastle or any club  could pay 2 million up front,sell ons and loan him back to us and it still wouldn't even put a dent into the coffers of most Epl and Championship sides makes sense tons of clubs do that now,however more than likely  end up at Celtic for about for around 1 mill due to him having an amazing season with us and having been one of the best young  talents in the country.

I am pretty shocked one of the big boys down south didn't take a punt on him to start with.

Edited by Spit_It_Out

Hopefully move down south and even option of back to us on loan.  I hate seeing promising players go to old firm as so often their careers stagnate.  If Turnbull did go to Sellik then hopefully he would have same ambition as Stuart Armstrong as he used Sellik to get move to Premiership.  I hope Turnbull continues where he left off,  imagine a future Scotland midfield of him and Billy Gilmour,  with super Allan being the defensive one behind them..COYW

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Hopefully move down south and even option of back to us on loan.  I hate seeing promising players go to old firm as so often their careers stagnate.  If Turnbull did go to Sellik then hopefully he would have same ambition as Stuart Armstrong as he used Sellik to get move to Premiership.  I hope Turnbull continues where he left off,  imagine a future Scotland midfield of him and Billy Gilmour,  with super Allan being the defensive one behind them..COYW

It's funny you mention Armstrong's ambition. I often hear of him not cutting it, not 'sellick quality', etc, as the reason for leaving Celtic despite the fact he's now a regular starter for a good standard EPL team.

Not really anything related to Turnbull mind you, just an observation on OF mentality

1 minute ago, Stu92 said:

It's funny you mention Armstrong's ambition. I often hear of him not cutting it, not 'sellick quality', etc, as the reason for leaving Celtic despite the fact he's now a regular starter for a good standard EPL team.

Not really anything related to Turnbull mind you, just an observation on OF mentality

Armstrong too intelligent for a lot of Sellik fans.  He is always so articulate so a lot of their fans probably couldn't understand him!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, numpty said:

If he was to move down south I'd be shocked if he didn't end up back at Celtic a year or two later anyway.

I actually think within a couple of seasons down south he would be too good and expensive for Celtic. He’s got everything needed to make it in the Premier league, not just the talent but he’s mentally switched on for his age.

21 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

image.png.2658a93a273271532105ef4f49377ae5.png

This was posted on P&B, boy in the background wearing number 13? any ideas, Chris Long?

Based on absolutely nothing btw, other than one second I think it sort of looks like him and the next I think it looks nothing like him.

I would agree with the latter, nothing like him! :D

No idea who it is though. Quick google search of Callum Lang there also doesn't resemble him.

44 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

image.png.2658a93a273271532105ef4f49377ae5.png

This was posted on P&B, boy in the background wearing number 13? any ideas, Chris Long?

Based on absolutely nothing btw, other than one second I think it sort of looks like him and the next I think it looks nothing like him.

At a first glance I thought Hastie due to the hair but facially it’s very hard to see. Also the player is No.13 and each player has to wash their own kits etc and hastie is No.11

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The official site has PJ listed as number 23.  They still have Cole Starrs listed, right enough, so maybe that isn't as definitive as it should be.

On the other side of that, once Dunne had resigned they very quickly moved him back to 18 and Jordan White to 9. They’ve not updated the reserves page properly as I don’t believe there’s been an official announcement yet 

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Signing a player from a Championship team who has 1 year left on their contract is pretty ambitious for us.  I hope he's good.

Not only that, when was the last time we actually spent money on 2 players in the same transfer window?

On 7/6/2020 at 1:40 PM, supermarv said:

No crowds will have a minimal effect as most fans have all bought season tickets which should cover that. As well as the Europa income and few gestures from James Anderson.

If you take 3 OF games at Fir park average of 7000 a game (21,000) then an average of 500 away fans for the other 16 home games  (thats conservate ) that's over £700,000 out of the club coffers thats hardly minimal effect. 

31 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If you take 3 OF games at Fir park average of 7000 a game (21,000) then an average of 500 away fans for the other 16 home games  (thats conservate ) that's over £700,000 out of the club coffers thats hardly minimal effect. 

In actuality it will only be the home gates v Livingston, Hamilton and Dundee United as fans will be back in grounds by early September if not before. United will be a hit because as their 1st away game they probably would have brought 1500+. The other two well not really much to add.  So anticipated hit will be 2500 x £x.  Probably circa £40-£50k.  

A drop in the ocean v £600k extra we got for finishing 3rd v previous season or the circa £500k we probably got in Furlough payments.  

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

In actuality it will only be the home gates v Livingston, Hamilton and Dundee United as fans will be back in grounds by early September if not before. United will be a hit because as their 1st away game they probably would have brought 1500+. The other two well not really much to add.  So anticipated hit will be 2500 x £x.  Probably circa £40-£50k.  

A drop in the ocean v £600k extra we got for finishing 3rd v previous season or the circa £500k we probably got in Furlough payments.  

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we are losing the entire revenue from every home game because the season tickets are guaranteed to give 19 home games. So whether we lose the income now or when we honour the guarantee next season, we lose the income for the entire crowd, not just the away fans.

• Like 1