2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

15 minutes ago, supermarv said:

For a “behind closed doors game” it’s pretty disappointing the club are allowing other clubs officials in to watch the games but not our own supporters.

Where was it said that other clubs' officials were allowed in to watch the game? Tabloid chat?

5 hours ago, supermarv said:

For a “behind closed doors game” it’s pretty disappointing the club are allowing other clubs officials in to watch the games but not our own supporters.

You've posted some nonsense in your time but this tops everything! They aren't going to watch the game, they are going to evaluate something that they want to buy!

If you think that trying to sell something to someone for as much money as you can, but saying they can't come and have a look at it, is a good idea...then I hope you're not in charge of anything at your work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al B said:

You've posted some nonsense in your time but this tops everything! They aren't going to watch the game, they are going to evaluate something that they want to buy!

If you think that trying to sell something to someone for as much money as you can, but saying they can't come and have a look at it, is a good idea...then I hope you're not in charge of anything at your work.

Rules apply, especially with all the strict procedures each individual has to go through. It is a strict “behind closed doors” game between 2 clubs. I’m sure he’d have had to be properly tested like others, however think it is still pretty poor for us to be letting a scout in from another team. They’ve watched the player for years no doubt and will have several other months to buy and watch the player when the season starts. However during these strict times with a few fans supposedly having to be removed from the Dundee Utd game at Dalziel, I personally find it pretty poor the club have let another club official enter the stadium.

17 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Rules apply, especially with all the strict procedures each individual has to go through. It is a strict “behind closed doors” game between 2 clubs. I’m sure he’d have had to be properly tested like others, however think it is still pretty poor for us to be letting a scout in from another team. They’ve watched the player for years no doubt and will have several other months to buy and watch the player when the season starts. However during these strict times with a few fans supposedly having to be removed from the Dundee Utd game at Dalziel, I personally find it pretty poor the club have let another club official enter the stadium.

17 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Nonsense. We've got a chance at getting 3million pounds which would set up our club for years to come. Your thinking they are watching the way we line up, Celtic are far too big-headed for that and expect a victory no matter what way we are playing a pre-season friendly! They are looking at the goods they might pay 3million pounds for, justified, yes!!

11 hours ago, supermarv said:

We have "behind closed doors" games every summer. It's effectively an intense training session. It has nothing to do with procedures or testing. 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

The hypocrisy seeing as you said you "might take a wander down" to watch one of our friendlies!

As I could watch from a very good distance away from anyone else.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

Do you want to buy my car?

Can I come and have a look at it?

No.

I don’t think you quite understand here. I have no problem at all with scouts going to watch games in a normal state but not during a pandemic where players and all club officials there will have to go through strict testing procedures. If fans aren’t allowed then other clubs employees not involved in the game shouldn’t be allowed. 

5 minutes ago, supermarv said:

As I could watch from a very good distance away from anyone else.

I don’t think you quite understand here. I have no problem at all with scouts going to watch games in a normal state but not during a pandemic where players and all club officials there will have to go through strict testing procedures. If fans aren’t allowed then other clubs employees not involved in the game shouldn’t be allowed. 

You are absolutely correct, I don't have the slightest idea what you're on about. Do you think a scout's attendance hasn't been arranged well in advance with procedures put in place, and that he's just rocking up to the gate spitting and coughing on people? That we've gone to all the expense and trouble to regulate every session that has happened since restrictions allowed, and documented it on camera for public viewing...only to allow any random scout to just walk in and undermine it all? It will be strictly regulated and arranged in exactly the same way as a referee turning up to officiate a game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

We really need to sign someone. Or start a thread with a poll 'Should scouts be allowed inside closed door friendlies?'...

I'm just disappointed to learn that scouts don't locate players by tracking their boot prints in the mud and secretly sneak peeks of them from behind a tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wunderwell said:

Nonsense. We've got a chance at getting 3million pounds which would set up our club for years to come. Your thinking they are watching the way we line up, Celtic are far too big-headed for that and expect a victory no matter what way we are playing a pre-season friendly! They are looking at the goods they might pay 3million pounds for, justified, yes!!

You don't think Lennon would ask the scout how we played and how we set up? 

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

You don't think Lennon would ask the scout how we played and how we set up? 

We're playing Celtic in a friendly anyway apparently. Have to accept that this is a weird pre season when pretty much the only teams available for friendlies are other SPL sides. Not going to be many secrets before the season starts...

I doubt Robinson knows how he wants us to set up yet, so that won't be a problem. I expect we'll see a few formations before the new season kicks off - and probably a few afterwards.

Once the season is in full swing, however, it won't be difficult to keep tabs on all the other teams in the SPFL, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

We're playing Celtic in a friendly anyway apparently. Have to accept that this is a weird pre season when pretty much the only teams available for friendlies are other SPL sides. Not going to be many secrets before the season starts...

Not full squad though?

12 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

...and whats your point? Fitba managers and scouts are generally absolute anoraks, they want to know everything about the teams they will come up against and the details they go into are unbelievable