2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

I take it the deal for the Wigan lad is in the bin now?

Listening to talk sport the administrator of Wigan said that they have sold a couple of youngsters in the last couple of days plus one more which will go through in the next couple of days which will help to pay for the wages of the first team, read into what you think but I suspect Lang is on his way to Fir Park?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C&A not the shop said:

Busier summer than I was expecting given the circumstances. Looks a very exciting line up and decent depth. 

So i'm naturally sh1tting it that we're going to have a terrible season.

Just hoping at least one of strikers can have a 10+ goals season this time around.

5 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

If we finish third again I'd take the goals coming from all over the park, but aye I can't see it happening without one of the strikers getting nearer 20 goals.

Hopefully Turnbull will also be adding goals like he was previously.

5 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

If we finish third again I'd take the goals coming from all over the park, but aye I can't see it happening without one of the strikers getting nearer 20 goals.

Not sure in truth, we have plenty of players that are very capable of scoring decent numbers between them.  Lang, Long, Hastie, Turnbull, Donnally, Watt, Campbell for starters.

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Not sure in truth, we have plenty of players that are very capable of scoring decent numbers between them.  Lang, Long, Hastie, Turnbull, Donnally, Watt, Campbell for starters.

Hylton also surprising scored a decent amount of goals for Solihull Moors before joining us, hopefully he can kick on this season.

I agree we had good all round contributions for goal scoring last season. I hope that continues, but a more clinical striker would help reduce the number of games where we end up hanging on. It's not good for my old nerves.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I agree we had good all round contributions for goal scoring last season. I hope that continues, but a more clinical striker would help reduce the number of games where we end up hanging on. It's not good for my old nerves.

Very true but in a way it’s a more healthy position than a club having to rely so much on one big goalscorer.

All the strikers will have to work hard to get a place in the team. If Carroll and Dunne can regain fitness, I now see competition for for all places. Who else in the squad can play RB? That's my only concern now. Or can SR do a Tait number on Carroll or McGinley and swap them over to the other wing?