Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Our best midfield this season has been a combination of Slattery, Goss and Maguire.

I think Cornelius is certainly unlucky to be out the squad as in the games he has played he is quick and carries a goal threat. 

Hopefully him and Slattery can get back to full fitness and into the team.

Personally I would like to see this in the future:

Goss.       Dean.       Slattery

Shaw also looked quite impressive in his wee cameo and could be a shout

The Slattery thing is mistifying, as is the exclusion of Lamie if he isn't injured.

10 minutes ago, johnstone said:

Our best midfield this season has been a combination of Slattery, Goss and Maguire.

I think Cornelius is certainly unlucky to be out the squad as in the games he has played he is quick and carries a goal threat. 

Hopefully him and Slattery can get back to full fitness and into the team.

Agreed,I was hoping we would have went with goss,slattery and cornelius against morton.the midfield we went with last night just doesn't have enough legs about it,cornelius would bring a bit more energy in there.itll be interesting to see who alexander goes with now that donnelly is suspended.

19 minutes ago, johnstone said:

100% My choice. A good mixture of skills and attributes. As you say Shaw may also have role to play.

With Goss and Slattery in the midfield we will have the slowest midfield in the league for me it’s one or other but can’t play both 

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

With Goss and Slattery in the midfield we will have the slowest midfield in the league for me it’s one or other but can’t play both 

We already have the slowest with Donnelly and Maguire in there.

I would expect Shaw to get a run, if not then I don't understand why we got him on a loan. Mind you a lot of GA's decisions plus his post match interviews are bizarre

So there are rumours about Mugabi moving to Aberdeen or Hearts enabling Souttar and/or Gallagher to move. Big Victor looks like a Mugabi replacement so there might be something in it. 

If we get two transfer fees from rivals and two wages off the books we should have the budget for a decent attacker or two. If Hibs want to move Murphy on I think he could do a good job linking the midfield and the attack which is where we are struggling right now. 

Dundee sniffing about Christian Doidge, surprised Hibs are letting him go. I'd be happy to see him here but can't see them wanting to strengthen our line-up when we're in close proximity.

I doubt if we could compete with Dundee on wages. 

Hearts have now signed another central defender,  Toby Sibbick, presumably to replace Soutar. 

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Interesting..........we've signed another winger.

Wish him all the best but he’s not a prolific goalscorer 

Started his career at Dacula Falcons.  Hopefully bring us much needed bite up front.   Fang you very much

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Started his career at Dacula Falcons.  Hopefully bring us much needed bite up front.   Fang you very much

Their goalie is terrible. Can’t handle crosses at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A just-about conceivable team could be: Kelly (Scotland), Mugabi (Uganda), Ojala (Finland), Solholm (Norway), McGinley (England), Nirennold (France), Donnelly (Northern Ireland), Slattery (England), Tierney (Republic of Ireland), Van Veen (Netherlands), Efford (USA)

Gone are the days of Wullie, Boaby and Tam fae Lanarkshire or Glasgow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's from Gwinnett County, Georgia.

Everyone knows you have to be Gwinnett to win it.

• Haha 1

Should hopefully provide competition for places, and see the end of Shields out on the wing.

Another classic "under the radar" signing from the club.

Played a decent amount of games at a decent enough level (Greek second tier, Belgian top flight and second tier) so probably has something about him.

I thought we'd be looking at a more Doidge like striker, but looks like we're all in on KVV being available every week.