postiejim

Alexander.

I was sitting on the fence to see how things go, had my doubts in the second half of last season though definitely in the Alexander out brigade now,  I don’t think it is all down to him though if he stays in charge I can see a long struggle to avoid relegation this year 

Expect St Mirren to get a result at the weekend as I can sense Robbo will have St Mirren fired up for this game

We really need fresh ideas and some confidence building with the players for the season ahead and sadly I do not think Alexander brings that. I hope there are wise heads amongst the directors.

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

what I do admire is your loyalty 

This is not about Loyalty Yodo I’m simply stating my view on when I think it makes sense to sack a manager and when not. If you trust a manager after the last game of the season and allow him to sign new players. Why would you no longer trust him before a single league game has been played the following season ?

However I do think loyalty is incredibly important in life in general and hope I show it to everyone I care about.

• Like 1

I can't ever recall as having such a strong league position whilst performing so poorly. 

I thought he came close to being shown the door at the end of last season and after a sit down with the club came out and admitted he got some things wrong , with the top 6 position my sense was the club were happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but expected change. 

Not much has happened since (other than 2 awful performances) what doesn't help is he's not showing any signs of changing or tackling the issues,  normally you expect to see new idea's , something different but the team looked tired and clean out of ideas.

Gone.....thank fuck.

The statement says he asked to speak to the club so maybe it genuinely was a mutual thing this time.

Who next?

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

The statement says he asked to speak to the club so maybe it genuinely was a mutual thing this time.

Who next?

Don't know, but better get the 'sack him' thread started now......

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Who next?

“Luc Nijholt is only a phone call away”

:rolleyes:

Really glad this has been done quickly.

Its bad enough that we went out of Europe without laying a glove on a very average team, but to let it fester into the start of the league season would have done us no good. Not sure who will take the team Sunday, but at least the toxicity has been taken out of the fixture and ironically heaps the pressure back on St Mirren and Stephen Robinson. Sunday is pretty much a free shot now. Here is hoping the players can go out and express themselves

Hopefully the directors will now look for someone who has more experience under their belts for a change. No rookie managers or ex Well players please, just another route to disaster

The inevitable has happened, altho never great to see our club in this situation. Serious question about where we go next - Clarkson and Hammell for the weekend and caretaker duties? Would there be mileage in a Craigan/ Faddy partnership or is that too much of a risk?

• Haha 1

Oh well, we move on again. It will be interesting to see who’s going to be in the frame. As before I think the timing is poor but it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, si91 said:

The inevitable has happened, altho never great to see our club in this situation. Serious question about where we go next - Clarkson and Hammell for the weekend and caretaker duties? Would there be mileage in a Craigan/ Faddy partnership or is that too much of a risk?

Craggs and Faddy was what I suggested to my mates last night

9 minutes ago, si91 said:

I wouldnt be averse to Craigan and McFadden.  Whether they would take it or not is another matter. Both know the club inside out and have its best interests in their heart. Both speak intelligently about the game in their tv roles and are very measured in their approach. Craigan was very successful coaching our U21s and has a great understanding of what it takes to develop that side of the business, which personally I feel is the future for a club like ours. I get way more pleasure in seing the likes of Turnbull, Campbell, Hastie, Cadden, Cornelius, Maguire  etc develop and come into our first team than the majority of journeyman professiknals we have seen come through our revolving door in recent years. We just cant compete financially for decent established professionals, so rearing as many of our own as we can just makes sense.

• Like 2

Craigan left under a cloud and was basically shown the door after an alleged incident. There is no way in hell he will be the next manager. He is also enjoying his pundit role. Faddy has absolutely no experience as a coach never mind a manager. Pure fantasy stuff

9 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Oh well, we move on again. It will be interesting to see who’s going to be in the frame. As before I think the timing is poor but it is what it is.

I think better to do it now rather than 10 games in but we’ll see how it turns out.