David

2022/23 ins & outs discussion

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I usually give up reading this thread over the summer and just rely on official announcements instead. But here are my predictions:

There will be some players staying on that some want to punt.

There will some players leaving that some want to keep.

There will be a few signings of players we've never heard of.

Some of the new signings and loans won't arrive until we're a few weeks into the season (that will freak some out)

Cheers

Nostradamus

Call yourself a prophet.....you forgot that all of the new signings will be written off as shit and not up to premiership standard before they have set foot in Fir Park.

Jordan Roberts and Mark O'Hara both confirmed they are leaving. Interestingly, the latter is 26 and St Mirren will be his 5th senior club.

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Jordan Roberts and Mark O'Hara both confirmed they are leaving. Interestingly, the latter is 26 and St Mirren will be his 5th senior club.

Has the club published the players who are being released yet?

8 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

GA has mentioned that he has learned this year about pre-contracts, does this mean that the pre contract signing is not applicable to England? 

It's different rules down south. Found this snippet of info below:

Unlike in Scotland, where players are free to sign pre-contract agreements with any other club when they enter the final six months of their contracts, down south players who are moving within the same set-up can only do so come the final month of their deals. With most contracts running till the end of June this effectively prevents them playing against their soon-to-be-employers.

12 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Call yourself a prophet.....you forgot that all of the new signings will be written off as shit and not up to premiership standard before they have set foot in Fir Park.

I invest lots of money in my predictions so I can get a massive tax break.

I'm really in the non-prophet business,

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

I bet Grizzly will steal that one ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Not unless Robbo's boy gets in first.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I was tempted!!! Lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weeyin said:

that's why I'm an atheist

And so the rumour mill has started. Reports on P &  B Ross County thread that we're interested in Blair Spittal. Their official site confirms he is leaving but that is all.

Decent enough SPL midfielder, still only 26 so should be approaching his prime. He'd do a job, not an exciting signing per say but a solid player at this level.

Though I can see this being a case of County fans just deciding he's going to us as it seems like the sort of thing that might happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Decent enough SPL midfielder, still only 26 so should be approaching his prime. He'd do a job, not an exciting signing per say but a solid player at this level.

Though I can see this being a case of County fans just deciding he's going to us as it seems like the sort of thing that might happen.

We can't sign a player with lots of experience from another Premiership club..no no no. the model is bring someone in from English lower / non league obscurity or Ireland etc then have a healthy debate about how they are not up to it and don't meet the standards required.

• Haha 3

Would anyone consider him coming to fit park? I know he had injuries and a few health issues but a good pre season under his belt I think he would do well. 

14 minutes ago, Andrew160588 said:

Would anyone consider him coming to fit park? I know he had injuries and a few health issues but a good pre season under his belt I think he would do well. 

Who?

I think Scott Allan is going to queens park. He doesn't fit with our style of play either, or would take the spot we're hoping Ross Tierney will fill.

Spittal isn't a bad shout, not sure if there's anything in it, but wouldn't be surprised, he'd be a good fit for us. Full rebuild mode for Ross county though.

28 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I think Scott Allan is going to queens park. He doesn't fit with our style of play either, or would take the spot we're hoping Ross Tierney will fill.

Spittal isn't a bad shout, not sure if there's anything in it, but wouldn't be surprised, he'd be a good fit for us. Full rebuild mode for Ross county though.

Not knocking Blair spittal but how many times have we take. Players from the Highland teams and they have flopped. There has been far to many. I don't think I would want him IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew160588 said:

Not knocking Blair spittal but how many times have we take. Players from the Highland teams and they have flopped. There has been far to many. I don't think I would want him IMO

If Spittal can play left back then get him in asap

2 hours ago, Andrew160588 said:

Highland teams..the bulk of his Career has been with Queens Park and Partick Thistle,  and he's been a regular starter For Ross county  scored 4 or 5 goals from midfield so it's not as if we are taking a punt on some random player from a Highland league team. For me he would be an upgrade on most of the midfield we have at the moment.

I’d 100% take Spittal. When he’s played against us he’s shown good movement and always looked tidy on the ball. Not to mention, I think I’ve seen him pass the ball forward to a someone else in his team a few times. 

4 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Got to agree with that sentiment - he likes to play football :whistle: