In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just did that and found this. sorry if it's been posted earlier Josh Gillies

"Josh is a very, very good player," he said.

"He's been up at Motherwell last week on trial and is waiting to hear back from them.

"From the lad's point of view it would be great for him to get a deal there, but I would dearly love to keep him at Blyth.

"I wanted Josh to get on to the ball and push on so we weren't in danger of sitting back."

Gillies took up a position behind the front two – only one of the positions Tait thinks he can play.

"He was outstanding in that role in our pre-season friendlies in Scotland, but he is also dangerous on the left wing."

Good to hear - especially since its not a two year special! Get the rest of the youngsters tied up now too - especially Slane on a long term deal so if Smellic want him we can demand crazy money - just like Hibs did with Brown, Fletcher, Whittakker, Murray, Thompson, etc, etc

He's not actually agreed to it yet though has he? I think Gannon will be quite influential in convincing the younger guys to stay. I really like how Gannon talks about the club with the future in mind, and I'm not talking 2 seasons. He's mentioned aspirations for the club 4 or 5 years down the line on a number of occassions I imagine a lot of the younger players might want to be part of that.