Mark McGhee

jazz

What I was actually referring to is that we have three days before a game against the best team in the country, McGhee said himself that he'll get most out of his players when he's with them, yet he's giving everyone a day off today while he's away to Sussex. When it came up in conversation he made a wee joke and everyone moved on. Textbook McGhee, exactly as I remember him.

Seriously?!?!?! That is not good.

I remember that run under McGhee. It was fucking chronic. I know that season, disappointing as it was, was a million times better than what we've suffered in the last year but it's that season, his chronic signings and the shambles his career has been since leaving us that bothers me as much as how he may or may not have shafted us when he left the last time.

I fail to see how he's the "steady pair of hands" people are claiming he is and that we need at the moment.

• Like 1

At least he's not irritatingly sarcastic, I'll give him that.

What I was actually referring to is that we have three days before a game against the best team in the country, McGhee said himself that he'll get most out of his players when he's with them, yet he's giving everyone a day off today while he's away to Sussex. When it came up in conversation he made a wee joke and everyone moved on. Textbook McGhee, exactly as I remember him.

Did he say he was giving hem the day off? I thought he said he was going home for day and then back on Thursday. Didnt hear anything about players not being in.

Aren't they off every Wednesday?

I appreciate that they work every Saturday (and I'm sure sports scientists recommend rest periods) but would it kill players to come in on a Wednesday for a few hours, maybe even do some tactical work, study videos of upcoming opponents...

Just a suggestion, obviously...

Guys McGhee had probably been away from his family for at least 2 weeks with Scotland and I am sure this was a stressful time. I have absolutely no problem in him taking time out to get his head squared up prior to starting a new job (haven't we all done this?). Giving the players another break after the International break does seem a bit strange but maybe they will digest what McGhee has said and come back with better attitude. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Guys McGhee had probably been away from his family for at least 2 weeks with Scotland and I am sure this was a stressful time. I have absolutely no problem in him taking time out to get his head squared up prior to starting a new job (haven't we all done this?). Giving the players another break after the International break does seem a bit strange but maybe they will digest what McGhee has said and come back with better attitude. Time will tell.

Very much so. How many of us if we were starting a job in say Sussex would start immediately? He'll have been away from his family as you say and he'll no doubt need to make domestic & business arrangements. Nothing wrong or unreasonable in that. As for the players having a day off. Perhaps they've been training as normal during the international break. There may also be something in their contracts about their hours.

How many Managers at various clubs have praised players attitudes over the years saying, "he even comes in and trains on his days off" Attitude test number 1 maybe? It wouldn't surprise me if some of the players were in using the gym and other facilities.

I'm pretty sure Wednesday is the normal day off for the players and couple that with the fact the guy has to get home, see family and gather some things I really don't see what the problem is with the whole team regrouping today and tomorrow and concentrating fully towards Saturday.

Plus I'm sure he will have managed to watch some of our games yesterday on DVD which can only help

• Like 1

Hey, I hope we don't lose our manager at all, as I don't think we would be likely to attract someone as good as McGhee again, but I get the feeling that if we finish near the bottom, he could end up leaving.

I wouldn't want to see that happen though. I don't think he's become a bad manager overnight.

:lol: Naebody else picked this up, nah?

Wunderbar, as his German contacts would say.

David, on 23 Dec 2008 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hey, I hope we don't lose our manager at all, as I don't think we would be likely to attract someone as good as McGhee again, but I get the feeling that if we finish near the bottom, he could end up leaving.

I wouldn't want to see that happen though. I don't think he's become a bad manager overnight.

FFS David , you must have amnesia .

• Like 1

Watched McGhee's press conference. I thought he looked terrible, red eyed and knackered. He alluded to the treadmill he had been on during the last two weeks and his face showed it. So give the guy a break from all this talk of a day off on Wednesday when he should have been training the players.

It seems they did a double session on Thursday which by all accounts seems to be what the players at Aberdeen rebelled against. They did not like his work ethic. Hopefully our lot buy into what he wants.

All this negativity gets on my tits. He is our manager and the first time around he gave us some of the best football I have ever seen a Well team play. The second season was not great and yes he did seem to look for a better job on the back of that great season. But how many of us have sought out and left for a job that is better paid?

Mourinho and Klupp are out of our reach so lets get behind McGhee.

• Like 1

Mourinho and Klupp are out of our reach so lets get behind McGhee

Fucking gutted. My outrageous expectations of a Well manager haven't been matched.

The best managers in the world don't give a shit about Motherwell.

It's mad because I fully expected us to be at the top of any managerial list. I had expected at least a Champions League runner up to balace expectations