Mark McGhee

jazz

There's no denying Barraclough was a disastrous appointment and had to go but off the top of my head McGhee has lost 7 games and I'm quite sure we didn't play as many games as that in August.

Either way we're out of the frying pan and into the fire and the same personnel issues haven been eradicated.

Maybe the fact that you can't recognise McGhee's factual record is telling of a lot of the opinion on here recently.

Baraclough lost 4 league matches in August out of 5. McGhee has lost 4 league matches between now and November the 21st.

Maybe the fact that you can't recognise McGhee's factual record is telling of a lot of the opinion on here recently.

Baraclough lost 4 league matches in August out of 5. McGhee has lost 4 league matches between now and November the 21st.

fact is we have failed to win any of our last 6 league matches with our only recorded victory in 2016 being against cove rangers

and only notable performance being against hamilton

so is he really any better than baraclough

We have had a few bad results and McGhee takes his blame for a few dropped points.

Boy oh boy are our fans a hoot.

Maybe we could try to encourage the team to do better.

The booing is fuckin pathetic. If I was our Manager or a player I would walk out and tell our supposed fans to do one

Bring it on BOO boys

were u at the game today we applauded everything ainsworth done he was utter dross

whole performance was crap and people spent money to watch it so if its less than satisfactory we are entitled to voice our displeasure

same way you are entitled to not voice your displeasure if the performance is shite they should be boo'd off the park they're professionals

and there are some real work ethic issues in that side should your boss reward you for lazily half heartedly doing your job ?

NO of corse not same thing applies here

Yes I was at the game today

Which is why I am embarrassed

You have a bad day at work. I am sure you do. See how you like it when your colleagues start picking on you and booing you. I am sure it will spur you on to better things

its more than one bad game point is we have only won one match in 2016 and that was against cove rangers its been building

Managers tactics are failing and the players aren't performing i was embarrassed also but there is a big difference in what we do and what they do for a living

they're living the life of riley they play football for our entertainment and all we ask as fans is for something to cheer about which in these last 4 or 5 weeks we haven't had

I know we aren't going to win every week but surely I'm not being unreasonable thinking we should be able to beat in all truthfulness a really poor kilmarnock team on our own park

or go and play some decent football away from home against patrick thistle i mean the victory against celtic away will be meaningless if we are relegated

and we did get behind the team in the first half and what happened they were struggling to cope with kilmarnock

We've appointed a manager that no one actually likes on the proviso that we don't get relegated.

Considering everything that has happened since new year it's not a surprise the fans have turned against him.

For me this is the nail on the head. I along with a lot of others didn't want him back. So when we should be banding together there's a lot of in fighting and negativity. His arrogance further alienates him from these fans who and yes I am one is quick to get on his back, this only impacts badly upon the team. He talks of unity but until he's a bit more humble and honest this will never happen and we will keep fumbling along. Massive mistake brining him back and if we do avoid relegation he should be gone. Then someone who has a lot more backing from the fans brought in, this would result in a more forgiving support and a more relaxed team not living in fear of every single mistake.

I have no problem with fans thinking we were shit today

I have no problem with fans thinking the players are not playing to their potential

I have no problem with fans thinking McGhee is the wrong appointment, even if I don't.

I have a problem with fans walking out with 20+ minutes left and booing the team. Does nothing to help and shows we are no better than the likes of Rangers

I have no problem with fans thinking the players are not playing to their potential

I have no problem with fans thinking McGhee is the wrong appointment, even if I don't.

I have a problem with fans walking out with 20+ minutes left and booing the team. Does nothing to help and shows we are no better than the likes of Rangers

walking out early i agree with you on 100% but as i stated i do believe that the players should vocally hear the fans displeasure

and just because we boo the team when they're playing bad doesn't make us the same as the old firm it makes us passionate about the team

we always have and always will be better than the ugly sisters as a support

walking out early i agree with you on 100% but as i stated i do believe that the players should vocally hear the fans displeasure

and just because we boo the team when they're playing bad doesn't make us the same as the old firm it makes us passionate about the team

I don't disagree with what you are saying but there are degrees.

Fans are entitled to vocally display their displeasure but today we had supporters screaming personal abuse at players 7 minutes into the game.

Last week we had the support singing "You don't know what you're doing" and mocking the manager minutes after we had equalized in a cup match.

There is being passionate about the team and there is being a disruptive and negative influence on our results. Right now the poisonous negativity coming from our support is helping no one.

• Like 3

Mark McGhee described his Motherwell side's performance in the 2-0 loss to Kilmarnock as "diabolical".

The manager was stunned by his team's showing as defeat took Well into second bottom spot in the Premiership.

The Steelmen have gone six league games without a win, while Killie have moved out of the relegation zone.

"I'm really disappointed it didn't look anything like I imagined it was going to look after the way we prepared all week," said McGhee.

"I thought we prepared right, we had a way of playing in the first half which just didn't materialise at all; we really log-jammed, we had nowhere to go, we had nowhere to pass the ball.

"We changed it at half-time and at that point I thought we might just up our game little bit and go on and win the game because I knew we had so much more to come."

McGhee insists he knew the task facing him when he returned to Fir Park in October

"It never materialised and we ended up losing the game deservedly.

"It's the poorest performance since I've been here and now we have to go away and work out what's caused us to be as poor as we were today.

"The performance was diabolical."

McGhee fears the result will dent the confidence of his players as they prepare to face bottom side Dundee United on Tuesday evening.

But he admits he knew the size of the task he faced when he landed the job for a second time in October.

"I would remind people I was brought here not because we were flying, but because work was needing doing and we are in that process," he explained.

"Occasionally we are going to have setbacks like that and setbacks like the run we've had recently but we have to as quickly as possible to find a way out of it.

"So it's up to me and the coaches and the players to dig ourselves out and prepare for Dundee United and go and have another go."

McGhee from the BBC. Pretty spot on really.

Can you explain to someone who left early yesterday why I am 'no better than Rangers'

So yesterday Kennedy hoofed the ball into the stand, a ringing of boos could be heard. Next time he had the ball he played a short pass that put us into bother. Josh Law played a cross that was way to heavy to a chorus of boos. Next cross was miles short and they hit us on a counter. I know and accept the first clearance and cross were rank rotten and the booing was not meant directly at either of these two guys more the abject nature of our whole performance but it really doesn't help one iota.

I thought the formation we played yesterday should have worked. I felt the extra man in midfield made us more robust last week but without Ainsworth's pace it also made us insipid attacking and I thought yesterday's team had a great chance of giving us the best of both worlds. And actually I still believe that but it requires Gomis and Pearson not to be absolutely honking and off the pace and it requires Ainsworth to get involved in the game.

McGhee isn't the most likable and that means he needs to do better than someone who is but I still think he'll keep us up and I think he'll turn this. I'm hoping yesterday is like the Dundee game last February and for all everything wasn't brilliant after that we competed better in every single game and we don't have only one team to hit at this time and if we put the same sort of run together through the end of February, March and April and we'll be fine.

PS after the last two Januarys I can't imagine there is a team anywhere more pleased to see a winter break.

Don't really have too. Most on here know Ibrox empties early even when they are winning, more so when they are losing. In saying that I am not sure even their fans would leave 20 minutes early after going 2 behind.

Good for the Rangers fans.

You've still to explain though why I'm as bad as Rangers for leaving early?

If you want to pay my £19 to get in then you might get a say in when I've had enough and head home.

Agreed, everyone is entitled to leave whenever they want. You pay your money, you make your own choice when to go.

It's not something I'm normally guilty of but that performance yesterday coupled with the freezing weather, 80 odd minutes was enough.