Latest Rumour

Alfaman

"While the shortlist is whittled down, Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan will be in charge as the rest of the playing squad for pre-season training on Monday."

Is it just me, or does the wording of this paragraph make no sense at all?

Are they trying to imply that Craigan is infact THE Motherwell squad? <_<

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

led to believe that interviews took place yesterday, with staff being told that if names of candidates were leaked their jobs were basically on the line!. that came from someone working at fir park.

to be fair if the names that were interviewed are those mentioned in the rancid report id be pretty happy!, not sure about staunton to be honest but the calibre of manager has certainly jumped from those that were linked a few years ago!.

id be happy with a gary mac and staunton partnership, or a nijholt and and an assistant set-up.

led to believe that interviews took place yesterday, with staff being told that if names of candidates were leaked their jobs were basically on the line!. that came from someone working at fir park.

to be fair if the names that were interviewed are those mentioned in the rancid report id be pretty happy!, not sure about staunton to be honest but the calibre of manager has certainly jumped from those that were linked a few years ago!.

id be happy with a gary mac and staunton partnership, or a nijholt and and an assistant set-up.

I'd like to think that the record report is lazy shite journalism of the highest order. And could have been written by Ice Rink FFS. If that's the list after having saught and recieved applications then it's time to rip up the new pitch and put a skate park in. Not that I wouldn't welcome any of the names on it - but I expect there'll be the expected ones - plus a few surprises.

I think that the original gossip column snippet of Staunton came from the original post on here. I may eat my words - but I don't think he's anywhere near in the running.

Why are so may people impressed by a Sanchez or a Staunton type character ? Staunton would be a disaster in my opnion. No club experience and no knowledge of Scottish Football. Was a disaster with ROI, does no one remember the gun story ? Even as a no 2 to Gary Mac doesn't make any sense as Gary Mac would need someone with knowledge of Scottish football beside him like Wee Tommy or Craig Brown. As it happens I would like Gary Mac, a bit of a gamble but a much better gamble than russian roulette with Steve Staunton !

Why are so may people impressed by a Sanchez or a Staunton type character ? Staunton would be a disaster in my opnion. No club experience and no knowledge of Scottish Football. Was a disaster with ROI, does no one remember the gun story ? Even as a no 2 to Gary Mac doesn't make any sense as Gary Mac would need someone with knowledge of Scottish football beside him like Wee Tommy or Craig Brown. As it happens I would like Gary Mac, a bit of a gamble but a much better gamble than russian roulette with Steve Staunton !

Day to day Scottish football has long passed those two by... One of the reasons Scottish football is in the state it's in is due to the old boys network (well, not so much of the old if you catch my drift) as Falkirk will shortly find out. Alex Smith :thumbup:

We dismiss experience far too quickly nowadays. It's all about getting a balance and a blend. The new manager, if he isn't currently working in scottish football would benefit from a no 2 with a knowledge of the scottish game. Scottish football is also in a better state than it's given credit for by the way.

We dismiss experience far too quickly nowadays. It's all about getting a balance and a blend. The new manager, if he isn't currently working in scottish football would benefit from a no 2 with a knowledge of the scottish game. Scottish football is also in a better state than it's given credit for by the way.

:whistling: That's not the point I was making... agree wholeheartedly on your point re benefits of having experience & knowledge of where Scottish football is at. It's the same old framework though, be it through friends at other clubs or in the media. Not saying it doesn't occur elsewhere, but, do we see the rest of Europe trot out the same dirge? Meanwhile their respective national stock rises.

I've spoken at length with a parent who has family members involved at various levels of professional football both past and present and his main gripe is how some of this old boy framework operate, household names many and their actions (not the time and the place to discuss) would surprise if exposed.

:whistling: That's not the point I was making... agree wholeheartedly on your point re benefits of having experience & knowledge of where Scottish football is at. It's the same old framework though, be it through friends at other clubs or in the media. Not saying it doesn't occur elsewhere, but, do we see the rest of Europe trot out the same dirge? Meanwhile their respective national stock rises.

I've spoken at length with a parent who has family members involved at various levels of professional football both past and present and his main gripe is how some of this old boy framework operate, household names many and their actions (not the time and the place to discuss) would surprise if exposed.

C'mon big man, dish the dirt :whistling:

Same applies to Jimmy Calderwood, John Robertson, Ian McCall and these guys get slagged off.

Not by me, historically Jock Wallace is the only manager I can remember to have had top league experience when they came to manage us.

I think Calderwood would cost us too much, Robbo I don't care for as a man and if McCall was appointed it would be a case of 'suck it and see'

I'd like to think that the record report is lazy shite journalism of the highest order.

Not that I wouldn't welcome any of the names on it - but I expect there'll be the expected ones - plus a few surprises.

I think that the original gossip column snippet of Staunton came from the original post on here. I may eat my words - but I don't think he's anywhere near in the running.

Aye, when I read the list of those "on the shortlist and being interviewed", I thought to myself, well, that's them just taken the name of the two guys who've declared an interest publicly and added in the two guys most recently linked with it. I, like you, expect to be surprised but not only by those interviewed (should it ever come to light) but by whoever gets the job...

He can be interested all he likes. Not welcome round these parts...

:D That wee c**t should never darken our door. I don't believe the rumours of his interest but if he was considering it, I reckon Welldel would have given him a wee word of warning by now.