Ict

another number

Disappointed with the performance last night i thought we lacked urgency until they scored the second. Moutaoukil, Hammell, Forbes and O'Brien played reasonably well last night and i think if we'd kept O'Brien on for another ten minutes we would have scored before extra time as he looked like the only player that was interested. Forbers was unlucky not to get a hat trick in the last five minutes with three excellent attempts, what a left foot he's got.

Anyway we're through so wouldn't mind either of the Old Firm at home in next round as the players should be up for it but i fear we could get caught cold again if we play a lesser team.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, Jamie Murphy (unless he bucks his ideas up) doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the SPL. He has had enough chances and is just not showing enough for me.

that's a ridiculous statement. it was only a year ago that he first broke into the team and we were all getting excited about him. since then his appearances have been limited and he has mostly played on the wing which imo doesn't suit him. he did well in europe in the summer and the times he has played through the centre this season are when we have looked most like scoring (2nd half St J, 1st half killie). he played quite well against aberdeen as well.

i can't understand why gannon didn't bring him on sooner last night. mchugh was toiling after an hour and murphy looked bright when he came and caused ICT problems.

Just read through the full thread after posting quickly earlier.

To pick up on the Richie Foran stuff I just think its amusing how polarised opinion continues to be about him and how he continues to drag folk into debate/argument about him.

We seem to have a section of our support who absolutely love him.

We seem to have a section of our support who absolutely cannot stick him.

We seem to have a section of our support who find it amazing that everybody doesn't rate him like they do.

And we seem to have a section of our support who find it amazing that everybody doesn't think he's pish like they do.

Is he really worth the debate he still generates now that he's gone?

He's fast approaching the ever-occuring Stevie Woods/Club Shop Opening Hours/Dindeleux territory.

that's a ridiculous statement. it was only a year ago that he first broke into the team and we were all getting excited about him. since then his appearances have been limited and he has mostly played on the wing which imo doesn't suit him. he did well in europe in the summer and the times he has played through the centre this season are when we have looked most like scoring (2nd half St J, 1st half killie). he played quite well against aberdeen as well.

i can't understand why gannon didn't bring him on sooner last night. mchugh was toiling after an hour and murphy looked bright when he came and caused ICT problems.

Some of our support just watch too much Real Mafuckindrid

Forbes finished strongly after what had been a subdued game I thought, but does this put aside question marks on his fitness? Has seem to be tired after an hour most weeks, maybe the slower pace last night helped him.

Also thought Murphy looked lively last night, as he should up against tiring defenders. But agree with the comment about how ridiculous it is to write him off. Ok maybe the lad McHugh is putting himself a bit ahead in the pecking order after a good goal last night and a few less than great performances from Murphy but he for the forseeable future is worth persevering with as he clearly shown he has talent. Whether he can do it week in week out is another matter but I'd certainly at least want him on the bench as an option.

. Finally, Jamie Murphy (unless he bucks his ideas up) doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the SPL. He has had enough chances and is just not showing enough for me.

For the record this is not writing Murphy off. This is barely commenting on his current performances. I also said, and would show you if I knew how to multi quote, that I liked Murphy and hoped he proved me wrong.

Plus I bloody hate Real Madrid. :wallbash:

Not read the rest of this thread as been busy today but I thought we actually missed Sutton badly last night. The quality of crosses into the box would have suited him down to the ground. Jutkiewicz still looked very rusty,there's a player lurking in there though.

I thought the midfield sat too deep last night. Both Forbes and Hateley seemed to be doing the same job of collecting the ball from the back four and cutting down on options further up the park. I would have liked to see Forbes and Coke breaking into the box far earlier in the game. Still,we created a number of chances against a disciplined Inverness side.

More positives than negatives for me. As others have no doubt said, I reckon we would have lost that game in seasons gone by.

Despite there being obviou inadequacies about our performance last night I was quite pleased:

We bounced back from a couple of set backs which we've not had to do for a while.

We tried to keep the ball

We scored some from open play

We never gave up

We won

We may not get away with playing like that every week but no team plays their best every week so all in quite content. I actually think winning agame like that might be better for the players than drawing with Rangers.

Jeeso was a strike from Forbes. have to say thought their 2nd goal was :D . Hope in future we ALWAYS have a player on the post at corners. Not a great performance but we sure have got dig and enthusiasm in abundance so cant be too harsh as it was only 3 days after a hard faught win at Tannadice. MON THE WELL! :D

Not a great performance last night but we won through and in cup competitions thats all you can ask for. Ross Forbes won it for us with a real cracker of a goal. Too many of our moves last night were just inches out and that was frustrating.

It was worrying though that ICT were managing to find spaces in and around our box late on and when playing with 10 men. With the notable exception of our right back our defence had an off night.

All credit to ICT though - they were motoring up and down the pitch at the end of extra time even with 10 men. As JG hinted the United game took a lot out of us physically. It was a hard bruising encounter by all accounts and that showed up in the amount of knocks we picked up. I suppose a physical battering on Saturday took its toll last night.

Jeeso was a strike from Forbes. have to say thought their 2nd goal was :lol: . Hope in future we ALWAYS have a player on the post at corners. Not a great performance but we sure have got dig and enthusiasm in abundance so cant be too harsh as it was only 3 days after a hard faught win at Tannadice. MON THE WELL! :D

According to JG's interview a week or so ago we won't be having players on the posts. He prefers to have people marking areas inside the 18 yard box where the ball is likely to go rather than have people standing marking goalposts. It's a strategy I agree with, usually as long as there is someone standing at the corner of the 6 yard box to prevent low corners from being whipped in. The 2nd goal was a good finish from their player to be fair, rather than worrying about a man on the post though, I'd be making sure he doesn't get a clean header in the first place.

not a great performance but a game we would have lost in years gone by, the cup is all about getting through and we did that, plus oooft at Forbesys goal, peach of a hit!

on a bad note,I think Mr Gannon is getting too big for his boots now, were 1-0 up and caley get a man sent off, so he responds with the ultimate insult,bringing on McGarry so its back to 10 v 10! Cheeky Jimbo!!!