Missile At The Morrocan

steelboy

We are 6 games into the season and so far we have been all over the papers for calling McGhee a f****n which was confirmed by people on here making monkey chants at players and throwing objects at players, wtf is going on with some of our support. It will only get worse as i said before if no one takes action.

:woop: A bit rich that, people who were making monkey chants at players confirmed McGhee was being called a f****n. More claims that were unfounded. Don't let the truth get in the way of some more mock outrage...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the big deal is, we get to call people paedos but we cant take it when someone slides towards us?

No we don't. The number of fans who did that at Pittodrie were very small in number, amounting to about 0.4% of our support. Those who did were rightly castigated by Mark McGhee himself and the press. In short, the very small number who made the objectionable chants didn't "get to do it".

By comparison, several hundred, if not at least 1,000, barracked Zemmama for his unacceptable behaviour.

I assume Fizoxy was going for the irony and wasn't seriously suggesting that 'we get' to shout such stuff. There were more than a few on here proclaiming how they could say what they like at the fitba in the aftermath to the McGhee stuff, yet on the other side of the coin here we are a few weeks later with probably some of the same folk apparently appalled because a player has the gall to react. It is pathetic really - both times.

Also, if I heard someone making off-the-cuff comments at the fitba which I didn't agree with, racist or otherwise, then in all likelihood I wouldn't be seeking out the nearest Police officer. It would obviously depend on the situation, but generally, the chances of other people hearing it and backing you up and/or the police actually being able to do anything about it are slim to none. However, I don't go to bed at night fretting that I haven't made my contribution to society - these morons are a dying breed, with or without my intervention, and perhaps selfishly, I don't go to the fitba looking to Police the crowd - I believe there are those who are paid to do that.

I think the point that Fizoxy was trying to make is that the small proportion of people who did call McGhee a paedo could be part of the larger proportion of fans who are offended by Zemammas actions.

If this is the case then that section of our fans are pathetic. All these fans did was moan saying 'Its only calling someone a paedo' which it is, but I'd say that calling someone a paedo is 1000X worse than sliding on your knees in front of opposing fans.

I'll admit I was part of the crowd who didn't see anything wrong with the McGhee chants, but I am also part of the crowd who doesn't see anything wrong with Zemammas actions. If anything, I commend him for it, he set out to wind up our fans and has more than achieved, and has left one of us facing a lenghty ban from Scottish football grounds.

Dearie me guys. Zemmema scored a crackin' goal and celebrated in front of you. It's football, deal with it and move on. Had Motherwell won 4-3 would this thread have happened ? I don't think so. We love the celebrations following a Motherwell goal, let's no' get too disheartened when it's the other lots turn !!!
thats it in one mate,wee guy ripped us tae bits on sat-move on

I agree that we don't have a leg to stand on with this. I am a pasionate Motherwell supporter and on occasion (Nancy and Wales) I have been a proud supporter as well but I have been getting more and more disillusioned by our own support for a while now.

The Motherwell goal apart, the Zemama incident was the most animated the Well fans became throughout the whole 90 mins on Saturday.

Take the Hamilton game last season, Aberdeen this, the general lack of support for our young players when things are going badly, the lack of atmosphere at Fir Park, incidents of racism that we don't police ourselves ( include myself for not standing up against some of the bile I hear), etc

Then as soon as the Old Firm come to town or a player celebrates in front of us we are morally offended and take the outraged citizen stance. It's a joke.

Fair play, were having a laugh!

The danger in all such situations whether in a football ground or not is that anyone who tries to make a fool out of others does so at their risk. In the vast majority of cases the perpetrator doesn't know how the "victims" will react. There have been many tragic incidents where the "victims" have reacted in a very unpredictable and dangerous fashion.

PS - not getting at Fizoxy at all in my previous post.

I think that everyone should go to the football and sit nice and still for 90 minutes. Football is in no way a passionate sport and it is impossible that you could get riled up by an opposing teams player celebrating in front of you. Madness. :lol: Right, some dick threw a coin at him which is out of order but christ, it happens everywhere. Dont think that we are any worse than any other teams fans, every support has its dickheads.

I think that everyone should go to the football and sit nice and still for 90 minutes. Football is in no way a passionate sport and it is impossible that you could get riled up by an opposing teams player celebrating in front of you. Madness. :lol: Right, some dick threw a coin at him which is out of order but christ, it happens everywhere. Dont think that we are any worse than any other teams fans, every support has its dickheads.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be condemning them.

Can I not just sit and watch the game?

The reason most folk don't report it is because the stewards will do nothing about it, and that the best thing to do is ignore them and enjoy watchin the game.

There's been an absolutely crazy reaction on here. You here Racist/Sectarian abuse all the time but it's usually one or two folk so I guess that's why the boy was saying it's not that big a deal.

exactly mate hear alot of bad stuff at fir park but not my job to police it, i've paid to come in and watch the game, there are people ( stewards and police) that have been paid to deal with this. if they did their job there would be no problem, however they are more interested in taking the easy option of telling wee boys to sit down rather than dealing with real crowd problems.

exactly mate hear alot of bad stuff at fir park but not my job to police it, i've paid to come in and watch the game, there are people ( stewards and police) that have been paid to deal with this. if they did their job there would be no problem, however they are more interested in taking the easy option of telling wee boys to sit down rather than dealing with real crowd problems.
Telling wee boys to sit down is also part of their job, because there is no standing allowed inside the stadium.

Telling wee boys to sit down is also part of their job, because there is no standing allowed inside the stadium.

What I meant was dealing with racist or sectarian shouts and chants or missile throwing should take priority over wee lads standing. However that would possibly mean a steward approaching someone over the age of 16, not going to happen they will just deal with the stand up sit down carry on.

What I meant was dealing with racist or sectarian shouts and chants or missile throwing should take priority over wee lads standing. However that would possibly mean a steward approaching someone over the age of 16, not going to happen they will just deal with the stand up sit down carry on.

Feel the exact same, theres important issues thatr go in the stadium with the racist abuse etc. even folk smoking in the stand when its a busy game, :whistling:

see to be honest i just dont understand why people canny dae what their telt for 90 minutes.

You get told not to stand up - people keep standing up.

You get told not to smoke - people keep lighting up smokes.

You get told not to be racist/sectarian - people keep being racist/sectarian.

You get told not to throw things - people keep throwing things.

That's not just Motherwell obviously it's every football crowd in Scotland (where these rules apply).

It might seem like everyones out to spoil the fun here with football - i don't particularly agree with a lot of the rules in scottish football.

I'll put my neck out here and probably get slaughtered for it but here goes, i don't see why you canny stand up,makes fuck all sense to me as long as it's generally agreeable with those around you and you don't upset everyone around you.

I don't agree with throwing things because it's really no that difficult to hurt someone,ANYONE around ye - especially kids or that.

Heres the bit i might get slaughtered for - see if it wasn't for kids at football i wouldn't see the problem with anything that gets shouted at football either. I couldney care less if someone gets called a h*n,f****n black bastard whatever - i've never seen where the line was between calling someone a fat bastard,ugly bastard or black bastard - 9/10 they are usually true - it's all just descriptive words - it's no like your going out to cause them any harm because of these 'defects',it's just WORDS.

The fact of the matter is that kids do go to football though,and kids do pick up on things that we sometimes wish they wouldn't - and for that matter everything would just be a damned sight better if people would sit on their arse,refrein from throwing things at people and calling them anything society might class a little to nasty.

Mayby i've completely lost my passion for football these days or something but there is far much more to life than what happens on that wee green space - about time people chilled out a little and ENJOYED going to watch the football rather than using it for anger managment.