Not Long To Go!

AndyRoss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the first time either Reynolds or Craigan use their experience and expertise to decide not to challenge the big guy up front, instead deciding it's a better option hanging back and looking for the second ball - only to be hounded by the East Stand for not challenging him.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the first time either Reynolds or Craigan use their experience and expertise to decide not to challenge the big guy up front, instead deciding it's a better option hanging back and looking for the second ball - only to be hounded by the East Stand for not challenging him.

Not the only one - although I'll be waiting for it from the Main Stand...

There's also the option of detailing a smaller guy to police him and hassle him and prevent him from getting a free header with the time and the space to place the ball where he wants. Hearts used to deploy this tactic to great effect. Its hard to jump if someone, however small, is standing on your foot.

roll on tomorrow, i'm heavily bored! it doesn't even look like i'll be able to watch celtic getting pumped out the champions league tonight :huh: .

it's going to be a nervy night, hopefully we can get an early goal to settle everyone one. tomorrow's definitely a match when legends can be made, if we get through it's our best ever european result by an absolute mile and it'll be a night that lives on beside the semi against hearts and other classics. if we get papped out it just goes in the big box marked 'boot in the baws'.

randolph

saunders craigan reynolds hammell

hateley lasley jennings humphrey

murphy sutton

prediction: 2 nil to the well, hateley and saunders.

There's also the option of detailing a smaller guy to police him and hassle him and prevent him from getting a free header with the time and the space to place the ball where he wants. Hearts used to deploy this tactic to great effect. Its hard to jump if someone, however small, is standing on your foot.

Spot on Dave someone like Jennings to hound the big guy could work ,remember wee Dougie used to put the fear of death into guys a foot taller than he was ,same principal in aboot im.

Going to be another tight game. I think we will sneak it 1-0 but we need to be very cautious of the UEFA officials who will book, send off and award penalties for the slightest thing.

Cannae wait, mon the Well! :notworthy:

Spot on. Just hope we get an early goal to settle the nerves abit.

I get a real feeling of importance about this game. Could well be the difference between the makings of another good season, or scrapping it out with the Killie's, St Mirrens etc due to a lack of finance.

Like others have said when it gets this important Well have the ability to mess it up, particularly if there is a big crowd but I think it's going to be different this time. Motherwell have went about there business (a little Gannonism there) very professionally so far and I don't think they are going to slip up tomorrow night. Expecting it to be very tight but we will get there in the end. :notworthy:

Only question mark over the team for me will be Saunders inclusion. Will Brown stick with him and be mindful not to knock his confidence or will he feel that he needs to strengthen the right back area? I think and hope Brown will stick with him. Can't see Humphrey starting but would not be too dispondant if he did.

Nervous but excited. Mon the Well !!!

As others have said i am expecting a cagey, tense game but i am confident we can get a 1-0 victory to see us into the next round. I would start with the same team as the first leg and bring Humphrey on again in the second half to run at their full backs. Think the on form Jamie Murphy will grab the goal.

Trying to predict Motherwell results is an extremely tall order at the best of times and I don't see tonight being any different. As someone earlier in the thread says, nothing would really surprise you, whatever the outcome.

However, tonight I think it will be an awful spectacle dominated by defensive, containing play from us, thus the nerves in the stands will reach unbearable levels at times as we no doubt suffer a few scares.

But in the end I think we will come through with a 1-0 win and if we do that, nothing else will matter.