-
Posts
24,714 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
616
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Posts posted by weeyin
-
-
More importantly though we need to smack the SPL clubs into touch as their attempts for the most part at YD has been laughable
A signifcant problem is fans (and boards) don't have the patience. Even at a club like ours who depend more on young players, there are far too many people in the stands who expect a level of consistency that is just not possible with a young team.
-
You'd have to be mad to want that job. Shebby Singh is like a mental version of Romanov.
Of course, there will be plenty of applicants.
-
I'll be delighted to just avoid relegation this season.
Lies.
a) You have never been delighted by Motherwell.
b) If we finish a point above relegation you will posting on here every week about how awful the team is, and then in June, about what a terrible season it was.
-
1
-
-
Play to win
In countries that are more successful than we are (which is most of them these days), playing to win is what you do after they develop you as a footballer. That is one of the reasons we struggle converting our national U-21 team into a successful national senior team.
-
He ran thru the entire macedonian team and scored in late 2009

Around 2008 - 2009 he was also in the teams that lost 1 - 0 to Macedonia, 4 - 0 to Norway and 3 - 0 to Wales, drew 0 - 0 with Northern Ireland and drew 0 - 0 with Wales.
Of course he has a load of talent at his disposal, but he has had the kind of injuries that can wreck a career and unless we could get his services at a serious discount (which we couldn't when we tried) I see it as too big of a gamble.
I know I'm fighting a losing battle here and don't expect many people to agree with me. I just think the timing is all wrong for the club and, moreover, McFadden himself.
-
You usually deal in facts , disappointed you resort to exaggeration with this subject
It was a typo on the 3 years (I meant 2), but the stats are thus:
He played 8 games on 2011/2012 season, 7 of them as a sub.
He played 8 games in 2010/2011 season, 2 of them as a sub.
A player that I've watched lift an entire stadium of fans many times in the last ten years, and take on whole teams when others were hiding and passing the buck to him
Sadly, I haven't seen much of that in the last 5 years including his last spell at Birmingham.
But yes we need a central midfielder or at least a manager that will at least try and develop a youth player instead of fucking about with defenders in there
On that we agree.
Most importantly, I have seen nothing to indicate he is interested in playing for us right now.
-
Young teams are always going to be inconsistent. In some ways I'm sorry we got our TV deal as I would have liked to have seen the SPL clubs working on development of home grown talent for a few years. In other ways, I'm glad we got our TV deal because I would very quickly get pissed off by the significant number of fans who would be endlessly moaning that sometimes young players aren't as consistent and experienced as the best senior players we used to have at Fir Park.
-
Someone to feed Higgy & partner and also chip in with a few goals wouldn't exactly harm the side,
Someone that's shown no fear against mightier opposition
Someone that's just that wee bit Gallus and entertaining
Nah yir right fuk him, aye right
Someone who hasn't kicked a ball in 3 years to tie up a wage is just too big a risk for us right now. If we hadn't lost Jennings, I'd be much more prepared to take a risk, but there is a reason he hasn't been snapped up by even a lower league English team.
All this man-love for Faddy is based on what he did for us 10 years ago, prior to his series of injuries. I can't remember the last time I saw him play close that level, and that would be a big concern.
-
1
-
-
Pardon?
I may be wrong but I don't often see board members of clubs publicly congratulating other teams for firing them out of the cup, especially minutes after the final whistle.
Which other team's board members do you follow on Twitter? I guarantee you that the Directors of every team that lose immediately congratulate the victors in person within a few minutes of the final whistle. I find Twitter to be mostly pretty pointless, but don't find it offensive or upsetting to see the sentiment that is always conveyed on private, to be tweeted too.
-
Fergies team were being lauded as something special as well you know weeyin.
It was match of the day. It was on t.v. and was attended by 27000 plus fans.
The point was about mentality.
It was, though, a terrible game of football. So bad, in fact, that they didn't show any highlights from the first half that evening.
While I enjoyed watching that stuff as a kid, I'm happy Scottish football has a wee bit more football involved and wee bit less knocking lumps out of each other. I enjoyed wee Tommy's team ripping Rangers to pieces much more than that St. Mirren game.
-
I'll go back to Willie McLean's team with a mixture of skill, flair and brute force.
We still talk about the Well v St Mirren match played in the 70's. Well we kicked the shyte out of them that day. Pick anybody from McVie, Watson, Millar, McLaren and they would go toe to toe with anyone.
St. Mirren were a lower league team at that point and beating them in a home match, while a decent result, isn't exactly reaching the dizzying heights.
-
I haven't seen/heard the interview weeyin. You'll notice I've quoted Milo's post and am replying to that.
Aye, I guessed that. He gave a long, multi-point answer to a question, talking about wanting better results against the OF, how hard the players work etc. It wasn't a case of "Are you worried the fans are upset? No, I don't care" !
-
I actually like Stuart McCall, as a player and now our manager, but if that's his attitude going into tomorrow he might as well pack his bags and go back to Yorkshire right now.
If you watch his interview on MFC TV his answer was much longer and he didn't say he's not bothered.
-
And that is why Cannavaro was such a great defender despite only being 5'9''.
Give me a defender who can read a game, and has positional sense than one that is known as a tough tackler any-day of the week.
Sadly defending(defenders) is another part of the game we are so far behind our European counterparts it's scary (just look at the slavering over a big 6'+ centre back that was needed according to McGhee and on here).
Maldini is 6'1", and while I don't necessarily disagree, if you play against teams that like to pump high balls into your penalty box, it makes sense to have at least one defender who can win them in the air. Being tall doesn't mean you lack ball skills - Alan Hansen is 6'2" for example.
-
As I've said previously, most other clubs aren't in the business of putting out meaningless statements before a league cup tie.
It was in response to Green's statement. If Green had made the same comments about another SPL club, they may have also responded in a similar manner.
It didn't have anything to do with the poor performance on the park, so who cares?
-
Poor show from Motherwell not issuing a statement today.
Have we just to accept Andrew Wilson's tweet of 'Well done Rangers. Lessons to be learned....'
A statement? It was a game of football, not some political scandal. I'd much rather they were spending their time teaching our defence to manage short corners than waste time crafting weasel words for a press release.
Let's see their statement on the park at 3pm on Saturday.
-
1
-
-
Why the smilie?
Because it's about as likely to happen as steelboy emailing an apology to Higdon.
-
so trying to go through a season with one recognised centre midfielder (who is 33 and a card magnet) isn't negligent?
No, it's not.
McCall repeatedly said his number one transfer aim was to find a holding midfielder to replace Jennings. The fact that he didn't manage that does not make him negligent. It might make him ineffective or even incompetent (although I don't believe that), but that is a different charge all together.
-
The only surprising thing is that people are surprised.
Rangers could field their U-12s and McCall would still find a way to talk them up as favourites. And I don't want to hear this "what he says to the players is different from what he says to the media" bollocks again.
-
Ye can blame him for the players mindsets
Exactly, Manager is responsible for mindsets and tactics, and as usual, the team is not mentally prepared.
-
Absolutely spot on.
I used to think that, but whether he does or not, our performances on the park have reflected the attitude McCall presents to the media; at best, too respectful, at worst, just feart.
-
Also currently advertised on atdhenet.tv and eplsite.com
-
One of things that struck me as odd when I moved over here. They use wintergreen as a flavour in lots of things.
-
I told my gaffer today that I was hyper and could smell the wintergreen! He's a season ticket holder at greyskull:)) he said what that? I had to explain that it might be the same as ralgex? Anyone remember stingy baws from wintergreen?
2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread
in Club Chat
Posted
Wikiepdia (for what it's worth) has him listed as centre-mid.
EDIT: maybe not Wiki, but I found it somewhere earlier in the thread!
EDIT EDIT: Found it. Says he's a right footed midfielder here, but no idea how accurate.