2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Healy has never amounted to anything at club level. Ridiculous record for country but never really got going at any decent level of club.

Ewan

Precisely, plus he gets his credentials from goalscoring, something he wouldn't get just as much chance to do at Motherwell. At least Jeffers is good on the ball and can bring others in to play.

Seen as we're on it,

'Guesstimate'

What the fuck is a guess? What the fuck is an estimate. .

An estimate is more accurate. for example

If you are a Celtic season ticket holder, and attend every home game, it is estimated you will pickpocket your own wallet back every ten years.

it is guestimated that the average attendance will be 49,000 in these ten years.

An estimate is more accurate. for example

If you are a Celtic season ticket holder, and attend every home game, it is estimated you will pickpocket your own wallet back every ten years.

it is guestimated that the average attendance will be 49,000 in these ten years.

Naw. Just naw. There is no justification for that word.

NAW.

Naw. Just naw. There is no justification for that word.

NAW.

surely guesstimate is basing your answer on knowlegde you already have and estimate is after considering the specific subject.

it's the difference between a mechanic telling you how much a job usually costs over phone versus actually looking at your motor and seeing what exactly needs done.

I don't want Humphrey to leave but if he does the more clubs interested the better. Set a price tag say £1.5m and I'm sure you will have a few meeting the price.

A good performance this weekend would really put him in the shop window.....

Re Diao, he will be on a mega pretty penny can't see him signing at all.

I don't want Humphrey to leave but if he does the more clubs interested the better. Set a price tag say £1.5m and I'm sure you will have a few meeting the price.

A good performance this weekend would really put him in the shop window.....

Re Diao, he will be on a mega pretty penny can't see him signing at all.

He's been pish everywhere he's been also, again not the type of player who would take the club forward, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Randolph or Murphy for Celtic will be on the back page tomorrow.

Remember on the morning of our semi a few years back, it was Faddy for Rangers.

Randy for Celtic was on the back page of one of the papers yesterday, maybe the mirror, had a quick glance over it in work.

Jennings to stay?

Jamie Murphy vowed to return to Hampden a winner as he came to terms with the disappointment of Motherwell's 3-0 cup final defeat by Celtic.

Murphy was a key part of Motherwell's run to Hampden, netting impressive

goals against Dundee, Dundee United and St Johnstone, but he could not make a major impact in a tight contest which Celtic wrapped up in the final 15 minutes.

The 21-year-old, who played on the left of Motherwell's five-man midfield, has improved significantly this season and he is determined to have something to show for his efforts next term.

"That's not something I want to go through again, standing there at the end as runners-up," he said.

"Congratulations to Celtic, they won the cup but it's not something you want to do, stand there watching someone else lifting the trophy.

"But it does give you determination to get back here and be the ones lifting the trophy."

While Motherwell failed to get going in an attacking sense, they were never seriously stretched at the back.

The game hinged on two long-range strikes in the first half. Ki Sung-yueng's 25-yard effort with his left foot flew into the corner in the 31st minute, before Motherwell left-back Gavin Gunning powered a shot against the bar from 35 yards.

Motherwell failed to put Celtic under enough pressure afterwards and the game moved beyond them in the final 15 minutes following Mark Wilson's deflected strike and a late free-kick from Charlie Mulgrew.

"We had a game plan, then Ki scores a goal like that," Murphy said. "I can't imagine he has ever scored a goal like that with his weaker foot.

"That's the kind of break you need, they score theirs and ours hits the underside of the bar. We had a game plan and as soon as they scored it went out the window."

Murphy was restored to the team after being rested for the final two games of the league season as Stuart McCall rotated his squad.

But Murphy dismissed suggestions the tactic backfired by failing to ensure Motherwell were sharp enough.

"It was the manager's choice to rest players and I think it was the right one, it's just that on the day Celtic were the better team," the former Scotland Under-21 international said.

"It's not nice losing 3-0 in a cup final, I can tell you that, but we'll try to come back next year. We have got to be positive and try to get back here."

Tom Hateley, who lined up at right-back yesterday, also pledged to learn from the defeat.

The 21-year-old said: "I'm still a young footballer learning the game and building myself as a player and a person.

"You have to learn from this experience and take it on the chin.

"You want to be playing in massive games, in front of massive crowds.

"It was magnificent coming out and seeing a sea of claret and amber. It was an amazing sight, it made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. It was a magnificent sight and we're sorry we couldn't get the right result."

McCall now has to build for his first full season in charge with the retention of key players such as John Sutton and Steve Jennings the priority.

Jennings revealed after the game he was eager to sign a new contract but Sutton's future is uncertain amid reported interest from Celtic and Hearts.

Hateley said: "If we can keep hold of our players then hopefully next season we can have a good cup run and finish higher up the league, so hopefully in the summer anyone who is looking to get our players doesn't get them.

"Being here shows what we can do. We want to get to semi-finals and finals every year. Hopefully, if the squad stays together, we can get back here next season."

Meanwhile, Hateley refused to make much of referee Calum Murray's failure to send off Daniel Majstorovic in the first half.

The Celtic defender had already been booked for a poor challenge on Sutton before handling the ball in the air with no-one near him.

Murray gave the free-kick but did not follow it up with a yellow card for deliberate handball.

However, Hateley said: "I don't want to start making excuses, I didn't really see it.

"If he should have been (sent off) then the game would have changed.

"But the referee made the decision and you have got to go with it."