2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Hearts? Sorry, but what an arse - if true.

Have a word with yourself.

Fair play to big Sutton, turned up, never hides, always, always puts a shift in, scores goals, makes goals, must be a pain in the arse for centre halfs, saw out his contract and was still running himself into the ground until his last game.

Be delighted to have kept him but he's away to earn more money and look after himself, all the best, hope we cuff your new team next season.

Have a word with yourself.

Fair play to big Sutton, turned up, never hides, always, always puts a shift in, scores goals, makes goals, must be a pain in the arse for centre halfs, saw out his contract and was still running himself into the ground until his last game.

Be delighted to have kept him but he's away to earn more money and look after himself, all the best, hope we cuff your new team next season.

Agreed. No hard feelings from me if he decides to move on. But if he goes to Hearts I wish him similar success to Blackman at Aberdeen :cheers:

If he goes, i'd be on the phone to Michael Higdon as soon as possible. A much better player than his club history in Scotland would suggest....think he would really revel as a front man in a team with better players than he's had til now. Good player, that could be a great player.

• Like 2

if the rumour mill is true then he is earning triple what we could afford - how can anyone say no to that? come on - be serious and take off the claret and amber specs

as i said many pages back - he has never been a big earner, Raith, Wycombe, St Midden and us..........he deserves his chance of a pay day (not that I agree with footballers wages - thats another argument) and to look after himself and his family. fair play to him, thank him for his efforts, he will be a loss to us, as he represents what MFC is all about but hopefully turn into another Blackman!!

Faddy, Skippy, Porter,McCormack, Clarky, Juke, Blackman, Sutton - who is next for the MFC striker conveyor belt????

You too. If yer no' for us, your agin' us. I'm a Motherwell fan and will I fuck wish someone all the best st one of our rivals - IF he goes, which I'm still hoping he doesn't.

Like I said, I hope we cuff them, but you'd be mad to turn down double or triple your wages, whatever you do for a living. The guy played in some of the biggest games in the time I've been watching Motherwell and never hid, wherever he ended up playing.

Couldn't care less about his wage situation. That's his personal business and nothing to do with me. I'd certainly thank him for all he did for us but wish him well at one of our main rivals? No way. IF he ends up there I hope he scores the grand total of hee-haw. All the better for Motherwell, which is all I'm concerned with.

And Hearts? Christ, his wee manager will be telling him he's in the team only for the big manager to turn round and say he isn't ...

• Like 1

Think Page has the same length of contract as Hutchinson. Not sure about the boys that have been out on loan.

I have a feeling Page might be out of contract. In May 2009, McGhee gave Hutchinson and Page two year deals, Hutchinson's has since been extended by Gannon but I never remember hearing anything about Page. As much as I haven't seen enough of Page to judge him completely, it doesn't appear he will be featuring heavily in our plans!

I heard that St Mirren were favourites to sign Stevie Thompson who's been released by Burnley. Wouldn't mind nipping in front of them again a la Mo Ross and getting Higdon in as well. Highly doubtful, but just imagine how beelin' the Midden fans would be! :thumbup:

who cares who leaves. We have always lost players, and players with far more quality than those currently at Fir Park. We will continue to survive. It's the Motherwell way.

Boom, exactly. We've lost better players than all of the ones we will lose or may lose this summer and we're still right up there (catching Hibs and Aberdeen in the all time table, btw.)

I'm sure McCall would like Sutton to stay but I'm also sure he will have a back up plan. Hopefully a 6ft3" battering ram of a centre forward from down south who could compliment Murphys movement.

I really like Sutton but I wouldn't be 100% heartbroken if he went. As has been mentioned numerous times we have lost better and progressed! If he wants to be 2nd choice behind Kevin Kyle and play 20 games a season for his £4.5k a week then good luck.

I will be more gutted if we lose Randolph or Murphy.

ive seen steph hughes 3 times about motherwell now in the last week.mabye coming back?although i know he is a local lad.

Steph will be back for the summer and visit all the family, he was also at the game on Saturday. No idea if he will sign for us in the summer, don't see it though.

If Sutton goes he goes, and watching him after the game on Saturday he more than anyone looked like a man saying goodbye.

As for wishing him well, I have to agree that if he's a Hearts man I can't be too keen on him doing well but I would be very disappointed if he was to receive any kind of negative reception from the fans. I have no issue with any player (or indeed manager) moving on to a bigger club, and no-one in the real world can say Hearts aren't a bigger club, what matters is the way they do it. Sutton has in my opinion handled himself very well in the situation, and now he's moved on. He'll be replaced, and as for the rest those who want to stay sign up and those who don't go, onwards and upwards.