2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Jay Boothroyd and Chris Burke free agents now having turned down contracts at Cardiff...probably well out our league but think Chris Burke would be worth a punt if he wanted to come back here. Played 33 times for Cardiff and 5 goals and still only 27.

According to chat on P&B Sutton is on his way to Hearts. I'm not sure about the £6,000 per week wage that's being mentioned over there right enough.

I'm guessing that if he was staying at Fir Park he'd have signed by now though.

Someone mentioned Huddersfield and 5k a week to me and he'd be mental to knock it back. What is the worst case scenario, he doesn't deliver the goods and ends up on the bench. He'll do what he done the last two times that happened and return north of the border where he always seems to bounce back considerably better off.

Alternately he might go down south for bigger money and with the years of experience he now has maybe he'll do a job and bang the goals in. Bigger diddies than him have hacked in Championship.

According to chat on P&B Sutton is on his way to Hearts. I'm not sure about the £6,000 per week wage that's being mentioned over there right enough.

I'm guessing that if he was staying at Fir Park he'd have signed by now though.

If he does anything other than wait to hear what is on offer, he needs a new agent.

If he does anything other than wait to hear what is on offer, he needs a new agent.

True, true....but there comes a time where we will need to take back the offer as we need to fill that position with some quality for next season. I'd imagine/hope the search is underway. Another two weeks or so and Sutton won't and shouldn't have us as an option. In saying that he won't be stuck for offers and those sadly enough will be better, financially speaking, than what we can give him.

I wouldn't say take an offer off the table, but let the player know there is say a 2 week window whilst you on your hols or whatever to think about it and when that passes we look elsewhere. If some time after that having looked at options any player thinks actually I'm better off where I am I'd be happy for them to resign if we haven't already found their direct replacement.

We can't be standing still, but wouldn't bite our nose off to spite our face if players aren't as quick as we'd like. Probably all academic anyway, we never seem to sign players until pre season long started or least not many or often and the players we talking about are likely to be off.

True, true....but there comes a time where we will need to take back the offer as we need to fill that position with some quality for next season. I'd imagine/hope the search is underway. Another two weeks or so and Sutton won't and shouldn't have us as an option. In saying that he won't be stuck for offers and those sadly enough will be better, financially speaking, than what we can give him.

Talking of quality Chris Porter got a free from Derby!!!

For me next year we will have a fairly solid back 4 with Randy, Saunders, Hutchinson & Hammel. But we will need to make serious improvements to centre mid if Jennings leaves & Lasley isn't getting any younger we could be really struggling there. Up front if Jeffers & sutton leave then we have no recognised centre forward either. McCall's got a lot of wheeling & dealing to do.

if mo ross leaves then we must get in a natural right back we chop and change to much that position getting somebody in that will make the right back role there own will surely help us be a more solid defensive unit

My wishlist comprises of keeping Jennings as captain and ditching the rest. Bring in an experienced head to play next to Hutchy, a left sided midfielder to offer natural width, a replacement for Sutton and finally, a midfielder that is capable of unlocking defences.

• Like 1

My wishlist comprises of keeping Jennings as captain and ditching the rest. Bring in an experienced head to play next to Hutchy, a left sided midfielder to offer natural width, a replacement for Sutton and finally, a midfielder that is capable of unlocking defences.

a bit harsh on lasley...

so you would keep jenno and hutch and get rid of the likes of randy, murph, the humph, lasley, hately, saunders, stevie hammell etc?:blink:

I think he meant in relation to who was out of contract and on loan.