2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Seems strange to me. He must think he's better than a top class championship side?? Maybe he's been on a stag weekend and cannae go back. :laugh::whistling:

Despite being a youngster, he's been around enough players domestically and internationally that have made bad career moves. Maybe he's one of the smart ones that, after speaking to the target club, realised it wasn't the best option for him.

Or maybe he just enjoys playing at a club that has offered him regular European football and wants to add to his record goal tally before he leaves.

• Like 1

Far from ten times the player. Murphy looked the far better prospect at under 21 level as well.

Never said he was but your going on the assumption that it was 250k we accepted for Murphy when I believe it was probably closer to 500k.

Why did United get 4 times that then for Goodwillie. Well for one Goodwillie signed a contract extension towards the end of last season that meant he had two years left on his contract, this putting United in a stronger bargaining position where they didn't have to accept Ranger's derisory offers and could hold out for the right deal. Murphy only has 18 months left in his deal and I imagine the club are worried of he has a shite second half of the season or if he picks up an injury then they might not get a better offer than 500k in the summer when he only has 12 months left on his contract.

That combined with the fact I think Goodwillie had a better season and looked a better player than Murphy last season is where he difference in fee's is coming from.

Did Reynolds not have a chance to move on then he turned it down, in the Summer prior to him moving, at his best price, then played shit for the next 12 months or so and his value dropped rapidly. Like to know how much was on the cards from Blackpool, Currently Murphy is not playing his best football, so hopefully this will prove a good move in terms of club getting the money they desperately need from sell on factors.

DAZ HOLLAWAY.jpg

Aberdeen apparently putting a £5Million tag on Fraser Fyvie. Having a larf are they not?

I read that Paw Broon said

if someone came along with an offer of 5 Million we would need to consider it.
That's different from saying he thinks he's worth 5 Million though.

Just me that thinks Dundee United maybe got more money for Goodwillie because he's a better player than Murphy at this point in time??

Dunno huvnae watched him since he moved South but he certainly wisnae when we were putting Utd on our mantelpiece and Badboaby cut a forlorn figure after getting some abuse aff the Deep End.

Just me that thinks Dundee United maybe got more money for Goodwillie because he's a better player than Murphy at this point in time??

Ooft. You'll be in trouble. Tag on a bit about McFadden not being Scotland's best player and you'll be off to the gulag.

Dunno huvnae watched him since he moved South but he certainly wisnae when we were putting Utd on our mantelpiece and Badboaby cut a forlorn figure after getting some abuse aff the Deep End.

Well thats your opinion, mine is that Goodwillie is a better player than Murphy. We might have knocked United out of the cups but Goodwillie still notched three goals against us last season(including his sublime overhead kick) for a team that finished comfortably above us in the league. He also racked up 19 goals, won caps for his country and won himself a multi million pound move to the Premiership to continue his development. 

Murphy is a talented boy no doubt but I worry about the mental and physical side of his game. I like Murphy and he's got potential but if you offered me a straight swap Goodwillie for Murphy right now, I'd take it as I feel Goodwillie is the better player at this moment in time.

• Like 4

You can argue all day how much Murphy is worth but comparing him to Goodwillie is simply a very poor comparison due to the fact that Goodwillie is a far better player.

Chris Maguire would be a much better comparison IMO.

• Like 2

Simple observations. I don't see Goodwillie improving! If he turns out to be the best SPL export in recent times, I'll happily admit I was wrong, but as far as I can see, he'll bomb out of the EPL soon enough.

None the less, what has this to do with the Motherwell FC ins and outs? The window has closed for another few months, just leave it as it is.

Agree with that he's too lightweight to play at the highest level even at SPL level . Too inconsistent too. Hopefully Murphy settles down works hard improves his game and we sell him in the summer for 500gs. Everyone's a winner. :thumbup:

As you say everyone's a winner. Means more moneyin the kitty to offer Michael Higdon an extended contract..... thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

cool.gif

• Like 1