2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Pretty glad there seems to be nothing about Hutchinson going south, hopeful it stays like that! Wonder that Jamie's reasons were for not joining Blackpool, although losing him would not be a disaster, I'm more than happy that he is staying!

Could that be because Aidy Mariappa has rejected a move to Wigan

I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Membership Scheme that the club are championing is working and therefore as there may be an urgent need to raise cash the club will be forced to sell players and not be too choosy about haggling over their transfer values.

I'm afraid this is the new reality. Clubs will have to survive on whatever they can bring in themselves. When someone like Whyte is the best that Rangers can attract what chance do we have? The simple fact of it is there aren't business people out there willing to throw money at football clubs these days with the economy in such a poor state and unlikely to revive in the near future.

Unfortunately I suspect a lot of supporters, who would be willing if they had the money, cannot afford to invest in the Membership Scheme. That's certainly my situation and probably the case for others.

It's lean times I'm afraid on the financial front.

Added to that we don't have a chairman and board and IMO this also hinders us because I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Membership Scheme that the club are championing is working and therefore as there may be an urgent need to raise cash the club will be forced to sell players and not be too choosy about haggling over their transfer values.

This is precisely the purpose of the Society.....to give MFC a cash float to prevent it having to flog off players in January for knock down prices.

• Like 1

I'm afraid this is the new reality. Clubs will have to survive on whatever they can bring in themselves. When someone like Whyte is the best that Rangers can attract what chance do we have? The simple fact of it is there aren't business people out there willing to throw money at football clubs these days with the economy in such a poor state and unlikely to revive in the near future.

Unfortunately I suspect a lot of supporters, who would be willing if they had the money, cannot afford to invest in the Membership Scheme. That's certainly my situation and probably the case for others.

It's lean times I'm afraid on the financial front.

For me, that's nonsense. Rangers are skint because they massively overspent in their desire for ten in a row. They threw huge wages and huge fees on players they were unable to afford. That left them in a position where they had a huge chunk of debt, a dodgy tax case, an owner who was left hamstrung by the rest of his business taking a hit as a global financial crisis bit.

That left them as a massively unattractive prospect to any potential buyers meaning they had to take the only gang left in town, who turns out to be about as reliable as Lyle Lanley. Whyte didn't have the money to buy the club, as it turns out, and took out a loan on the only collateral they have: the fans turning up.

Yes, we made a mistake when Boyle took over, but we took our punishment for that, and survived quite well in the end, due to a hefty slice of luck as much as anything else.

This isn't the new reality, this is Rangers coming back to reality after years of living outwith their means, we've been there for years. The majority of the other teams in Scotland have cut their cloth and live within their means. That's the new reality, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

As for the Motherwell Society, Motherwell doing something on top of that to provide a safety net, just in case, is terrific, for me.

Rangers were ~£80M in debt at one point. Failure to address that early enough plus tax case has scunnered them.

Murray basically made Boyle's mistakes, but on a much grander scale (and with too much ego to recognize it).

Personally I hope that Jamie stays with us. We have a really good squad of players at present with loads of options in the forward department which IMO is no bad thing as long as we can afford to keep them all especially with a good prospect of European football ahead.

Oh and if Huddersfield Town of the English 1st Division (the old 3rd Division) are prepared to pay £300K for Murray Wallace (a defender mark you) from Falkirk then surely to goodness if Motherwell are in a selling mood with Jamie Murphy and Sean Hutchison then this has to be the level of the bids considered?

I'll be 100% honest, I like Jamie Murphy, he has shown he can do well and has talent, However he has been absolutely Bollocks since April or so, Why anyone is bidding on him is confusing. If we get an offer of 500k I'd bite yer hand off for it. the only problem being our really small squad.

(I think Rangers will have a cheeky bid around half ten)

WELL DONE JAMIE MURPHY!!!!!

Nice to see that not everyone runs off at the first chance of more money. He has a lot of talent but going through a tough patch just now. I am sure he will come good again. and if that happens and then he leaves us I wil lbe more than happy for him. I hope the crowd gets behind him Saturday and shows our appreciation for him remaining at the club. We areleady threadbare squad and I think it is GREAT that he is staying, even it turnsout to be just till the end of the season.

GAUN YERSEL JAMIE !!!!:cheers:

WELL DONE JAMIE MURPHY!!!!!

Nice to see that not everyone runs off at the first chance of more money. He has a lot of talent but going through a tough patch just now. I am sure he will come good again. and if that happens and then he leaves us I wil lbe more than happy for him. I hope the crowd gets behind him Saturday and shows our appreciation for him remaining at the club. We areleady threadbare squad and I think it is GREAT that he is staying, even it turnsout to be just till the end of the season.

GAUN YERSEL JAMIE !!!!:cheers:

agree with the sentiment, just hope it doesnt turn out to be premature. Still got a couple of hours to go

i was well up for joining the society but if we have accepted a 250k bid for murphy then i'll be thinking it over carefully. when you look at what maguire, grimmer, eggert jonnsonn, allan and these falkirk boys have left for then 250k for a guy who has performed at u21 level and in europe is a joke. all of their clubs are in far worse financial positions than ours yet they seem to be able to get a better deal for their players. what's the chance we will ever get a better deal for murphy (or anyone) now that the world knows we'll sell anyone for the first pishy offer that comes in?

at the society meeting i attended there was no mention of having to flog players on the cheap, the tone of the meeting was that things were running smoothly at the moment and the society was there to prepare for any downturn in the future. if the society is to work then there has to be better communication between the club and the fans, explain why the club felt inclined to accept 150k less for jamie murphy than aberdeen got for an out of contract chris maguire. that's the equivalent of 500 fans putting in their 300 quid to join, i'm sure there will be some like me who will be wondering what the point of putting your money in is if the people running the club don't be prepared to fight for every penny in transfer dealings.

when you compare our attitude to transfers to dundee united it's shameful. goodwillie wasn't a world beater last season, he scored loads of deflections, tap in and pens but united hyped him up made him the focal point of their team and demanded a high price for him. this season they have slapped a ridiculous price tag on jonny russell. compare to us who's biggest asset starts the season on fire playing up front then is moved out wide for the st mirren game and then spends the next five months marking fullbacks as a wide midfielder. it's no wonder we don't get any decent bids when mccall has seemed determined to turn him into marc fitzpatrick.

Glad to see Murph staying but a question. Where has the figure of 250k come from because I,ve only read about that on here and the bbc/itv websites. As far as I know the Club haven't confirmed officially that was the bid (or have they and I,ve missed something?)