Maurice Ross ?

Kylie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleased with this signing. It gives us good experienced cover just when we need it, and will head up the queue to sign him long term if he does well. If it doesn't work out then its a low cost risk we've taken, so its win win.

Welcome to Motherwell Mo!

He was on Radio Scotland the other week, talking about his journey since leaving Ibrox. Sounds a decent guy and came across very humble, pretty much admitted he was out his depth at Rangers.

If he is relatively fit then he is a worthwhile option for us given our lack of a natural right back. Maybe he can score at Hampden for us this time.

Last week Ross, with 13 Scottish caps, told BBC Scotland that he had never been "a top, top player".

"I have been a decent player and I think the Championship or Scottish Premier League is my level and that is why I am back to achieve that again," he said.

Refreshingly honest

One of the reports said that signings of this type were to be made with the intention of the player being here next season.

I think that depends on the date of the signing. What I took from the article I read was that if you sign on or after April 1st then next season comes into play. Sign on March 31st and that isn't necessarily true.

It wasn't exactly well explained, however, so I could be completely wrong (and not for the first time).

I think that depends on the date of the signing. What I took from the article I read was that if you sign on or after April 1st then next season comes into play. Sign on March 31st and that isn't necessarily true.

It wasn't exactly well explained, however, so I could be completely wrong (and not for the first time).

That was how I understood it as well, Weeyin. Happy enough with this. Nothing against the guy and we're short of cover at right-back so it's a good short-term solution. If he impresses then maybe we can get him on a longer term deal.

Poor wee St Murn

And he admitted the delay had left the door open to Motherwell.

"I felt this was a better platform for me and I hope I'm proved right," Ross told BBC Scotland.

"This wasn't about how St Mirren treated me, because Danny Lennon was great with me.

"It wasn't about money, because it's only short-term to get playing again.

"Motherwell seemed a bit more enthused about me coming in.

"The facts are: St Mirren had 10 days to get me in and it took half a day for Motherwell to do it."

Like most have said will be decent cover for Saunders enabling Hateley to play in midfield.

He is a decent standard of player who knows the Scottish game inside out and will bring valuable and much needed experience into the defence and the side in general.

He had a bit of a temper on him earlier on his career though so I hope he has cut that out, we don't want to bring in a player only for him to get sent off or suspended.

Quite a good move by McCall on the face of it.

Saunders is out possibly for the rest of the season....

As it happens, Kenny Black said on the Official Site that Steven Saunders may restrat training today. That suggest that his injury is not as bad as we feared. Good news indeed.

Didn't think he'd start but I was pleasantly surprised by how well he fitted in to the side. Lasted the pace well, distribution was decent and defended strongly.